Today, 2:38 PM
- CenterPoint Energy (CNP -3%) is reiterated with a Buy rating and $25 price target at Argus, which believes CNP’s fundamentals remain strong based on a growing rate base through an expanding infrastructure improvement program and projected benefits from its Enable Midstream Partners joint venture.
- CNP enjoys across-the-board operating efficiencies and, assuming economic conditions continue to improve, Argus expects it to invest its cash in non-regulated energy-related assets that have the potential for higher long-term returns, and says the company also benefits from positive relations with state and federal regulators.
- Argus thinks CNP has the potential to generate total returns for shareholders of 8%-9% annually over the next 4-5 years.
Mon, Aug. 10, 8:20 AM
Sun, Aug. 9, 5:30 PM
Fri, Jul. 24, 4:18 PM
Mon, May 11, 8:28 AM
Sun, May 10, 5:30 PM
Thu, Apr. 23, 4:53 PM
Wed, Mar. 25, 11:36 AM
- MKM Partners chief market technician Jonathan Krinsky offers his picks and pans in the world of energy MLPs, based mostly on relative strength compared to the sector’s benchmark Alerian MLP Index, which has slumped for the past six months.
- Krinsky's Buy recommendations: ALDW, BPL, CPLP, ENB, ETE, KMI, PAGP, SEMG.
- However, he tags CNP, NRP, SDLP and TOO with Sell ratings.
- ETFs: AMLP, AMJ, MLPL, YMLP, MLPI, MLPA, MLPN, EMLP, MLPG, MLPX, MLPS, MLPY, AMU, YMLI, MLPJ, ZMLP, ENFR, AMZA, ATMP, MLPW, MLPC, IMLP, OSMS, YGRO, MLPO
Thu, Feb. 26, 8:18 AM
Wed, Feb. 25, 5:30 PM
- ACIW, ACTA, AES, AKRX, AMCX, AMWD, ANSS, ARCC, BDBD, BIN, BUD, CCG, CHS, CNP, CNSL, CRI, CWEI, CYBX, DDD, EME, EXH, EXLP, FCH, FIG, FRO, GCAP, GOGO, HAWK, HEES, HSC, HSNI, ICON, IQNT, IRDM, ITC, KOP, KSS, LKQ, LPI, LTM, MBLY, MDXG, MGLN, MITL, MRGE, [[NTi]], NTLS, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, RHP, SDRL, SEAS, SFY, SHLD, SNAK, SNH, SNMX, SRE, SRPT, TASR, TD, TICC, TWI, VAC, VC, VICL, WAC, WNR, XCRA, ZEUS
Mon, Jan. 26, 7:58 AM
Sat, Jan. 24, 8:25 AM
- In a low-yield world, the newly launched iBillionaire High Dividend Index - which tracks the trading moves of 25 investing-savvy billionaire investors such as Stanley Druckenmiller, James Dinan and Nelson Peltz - actually lives up to its name with a dividend yield of 5.34%.
- At 24%, the index has a high allocation of energy shares, including OXY, TRP, CNP, COP, BP, ATLS, CVI, WMB, APL, RIG and ARP.
- Also worth noting is that the index contains some high-yielding mortgage REITs, an area most investors hate right now but where billionaires seem to find value; examples are NRF, AGNC and CIM.
- No mutual fund or ETF tracks this index, but it offers a fishing pond of income investment ideas to research further.
- The top 20 holdings: TLM, CVC, GM, TIME, AEE, D, STAY, KMI, TROX, EXC, STNG, PPL, IRM, PFE, KKR, KAR, F, MIC, LO, ABBV.
Nov. 7, 2014, 4:58 PM
- Customers of Minnesota utilities such as CenterPoint (NYSE:CNP) and Xcel Energy (NYSE:XEL) can expect lower rates and even small refunds on their natural gas bills this winter, as utilities, weather forecasters and the U.S. government forecast that last year's record cold won’t be repeated.
- Schneider Electric predicts temperatures could be slightly below average but does not expect another polar vortex in the Upper Midwest this year; cold snaps could still cause prices to increase on the natural gas market, but they probably won’t be as steep as last year.
- CNP and XEL also anticipate milder winter weather, and XEL is predicting a 15%-16% decrease in natural gas usage.
Nov. 5, 2014, 8:20 AM
Nov. 4, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACT, ANSS, ARIA, ATHM, AVA, AWR, AXAS, BBEP, BPI, BSFT, CBB, CCC, CEQP, CHK, CLH, CNP, COV, CSTE, CTSH, DAVE, DNR, DUK, EE, ENB, ENDP, FSS, GLDD, GTN, HFC, HL, HRC, INXN, KELYA, LAMR, LPX, LVLT, MDLZ, MEMP, MGA, MNTA, MVIS, NICE, NRG, NUS, OGE, PWE, PWR, RDC, RLGY, ROC, RRD, RTI, SBGI, SE, SEP, SMG, SSYS, STWD, SWC, THI, TMHC, TRGT, TW, TWX, VG, VOYA, WCG, WIX, YORW
Oct. 21, 2014, 5:22 PM
CNP vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR