From other sites
CenterPoint Energy Inc. (CNP): New Analyst Report from Zacks Equity Research - Zacks Equity Research Reportat Zacks.com (Nov 6, 2014)
at Zacks.com (Nov 5, 2014)
at Zacks.com (Nov 3, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 20, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jun 16, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Mar 13, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Feb 26, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Feb 24, 2014)
at Fox Business (Jan 10, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Nov 26, 2013)
Fri, Nov. 7, 4:58 PM
- Customers of Minnesota utilities such as CenterPoint (NYSE:CNP) and Xcel Energy (NYSE:XEL) can expect lower rates and even small refunds on their natural gas bills this winter, as utilities, weather forecasters and the U.S. government forecast that last year's record cold won’t be repeated.
- Schneider Electric predicts temperatures could be slightly below average but does not expect another polar vortex in the Upper Midwest this year; cold snaps could still cause prices to increase on the natural gas market, but they probably won’t be as steep as last year.
- CNP and XEL also anticipate milder winter weather, and XEL is predicting a 15%-16% decrease in natural gas usage.
Wed, Nov. 5, 8:20 AM
Tue, Nov. 4, 5:30 PM
- ACT, ANSS, ARIA, ATHM, AVA, AWR, AXAS, BBEP, BPI, BSFT, CBB, CCC, CEQP, CHK, CLH, CNP, COV, CSTE, CTSH, DAVE, DNR, DUK, EE, ENB, ENDP, FSS, GLDD, GTN, HFC, HL, HRC, INXN, KELYA, LAMR, LPX, LVLT, MDLZ, MEMP, MGA, MNTA, MVIS, NICE, NRG, NUS, OGE, PWE, PWR, RDC, RLGY, ROC, RRD, RTI, SBGI, SE, SEP, SMG, SSYS, STWD, SWC, THI, TMHC, TRGT, TW, TWX, VG, VOYA, WCG, WIX, YORW
Tue, Oct. 21, 5:22 PM
Sun, Sep. 21, 4:09 AM
- The bidding is now open on Energy Future Holdings' 80% stake in Oncor, a Texas transmission business that's being auctioned in a Chapter 11 proceeding.
- The deadline to pick a stalking horse (lead bidder) is Oct. 23. Competitors that make it to the second round must have their refined offers in by Nov. 21.
- Interested bidders may include NextEra Energy (NYSE:NEE), CenterPoint Energy (NYSE:CNP), and Iberdrola (OTCPK:IBDRY, OTCPK:IBDSF).
Mon, Sep. 8, 6:05 PM
- Cleco (NYSE:CNL) is nearing a deal to sell itself and has narrowed down the list of prospective buyers to Spanish power company Iberdrola (OTCPK:IBDRY, OTCPK:IBDSF) and Australian investment bank Macquarie (OTC:MCQEF), FT reports.
- Both bidders reportedly have discussed terms with CNL and a deal could be announced within weeks; a deal likely would fetch a premium to its market value, which now stands at $3.4B.
- The Louisiana electricity supplier has been the subject of takeover rumors since June, when it said it was exploring strategic options after receiving attention from Canada's Borealis (OTCPK:BOREF), which is no longer interested; CenterPoint Energy (NYSE:CNP) also is no longer involved in discussions.
Wed, Aug. 20, 11:33 AM
- CenterPoint Energy (CNP +0.4%) is upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $29 target price at Argus, based primarily on an expanding infrastructure improvement program and the new Enable Midstream Partners MLP formed as a joint venture between CNP, OGE Energy and ArcLight Capital Partners.
- CNP has a solid base of regulated utility assets and a well-managed non-regulated interstate gas pipeline and storage operation, Argus says; CNP is committed to electric and gas service expansion strategies in its regulated service territory, and sees significant growth opportunities in its non-regulated segment.
Wed, Aug. 6, 8:19 AM
Tue, Aug. 5, 5:30 PM
- ANR, AOL, APO, ARIA, AVA, AVT, BRKR, CEQP, CHK, CLH, CMLS, CNP, CONE, CSTE, CTSH, DBD, DISH, DNR, DVN, DWSN, EE, ELOS, GEO, GOV, GWPH, HFC, HNT, INXN, IPXL, ITC, KELYA, LINC, LIOX, MDLZ, MEMP, MVIS, NAVB, NUS, PERI, PH, PKD, POWR, RDC, RL, ROC, SBGI, SE, SEP, SF, SJI, SKYW, STWD, TAP, THI, TRGT, TWX, VC, VIAB, VITC, VOYA, WD, WIX, WPX, ZINC
Thu, Jul. 24, 5:33 PM
Fri, Jun. 20, 2:27 PM| 2 Comments
Wed, May. 21, 12:56 PM
- OGE Energy (OGE +0.5%) is reinstated with an Overweight rating and $41 target price at Barclays, which sees considerable earnings growth potential from OGE's recently formed Enable Midstream Partners (ENBL -0.2%).
- Barclays believes cash distributions provided from ENBL can sufficiently fund OGE's environmental capital requirements while also providing opportunity for dividend growth.
- The firm also initiates ENBL at Overweight with a $28 price target of $28, viewing ENBL as a relatively low-risk MLP with an attractive organic growth profile around highly integrated natural gas production and transportation assets exposed to the best liquids rich plays in Oklahoma.
- Finally, Barclays reinstates coverage of CenterPoint Energy (CNP) at Equal Weight with a $26 target; the firm likes the constructive regulation and underlying demand growth in Texas at the utilities and ENBL distribution growth, but believes shares are fairly valued at present.
- CNP and OGE subsidiaries own respective 54.7% and 26.7% of limited partner interests in ENBL.
Thu, May. 1, 8:28 AM
Wed, Apr. 30, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, AFSI, AIT, AMT, ANR, ANSS, ARG, AVP, BBW, BDC, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BWA, BZH, CAH, CHD, CI, CIE, CLX, CME, CNP, CNSL, COP, CPN, CRCM, CROX, CVI, CVRR, DIN, DPZ, ENDP, EPD, EXAS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, FSS, FUR, GG, GNRC, GWR, HAR, HEP, HSNI, HST, I, IART, IDA, IDCC, IIVI, INCY, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, IT, ITC, ITT, IVZ, JAH, K, KMT, LAZ, LINE, LLL, LM, MA, MD, MDC, MFA, MFC, MPC, MPLX, MSI, MTOR, MWW, MYL, NGLS, NILE, NNN, NVO, O, OAK, OCN, OGE, PCG, PCRX, PEG, PMC, PPL, PRLB, PTRY, PWE, PWR, Q, RFP, RGLD, RRD, SBH, SFY, SHOO, SHPG, SMP, SNMX, STRZA, SWC, TEVA, THRM, TMUS, TXT, UAN, UPL, VG, VIAB, VICL, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, YRCW.
Thu, Apr. 24, 5:09 PM| Comment!
Fri, Apr. 11, 10:19 AM
- Enable Midstream Partners (ENBL) opened at $21.50 after pricing its IPO at $20, the midpoint of the expected $19-$21 range, and shares have continued higher to $21.92, up 9.6%.
- CenterPoint Energy (CNP) and OGE Energy (OGE), through subsidiaries, will own respective 54.7% and 26.7% of the limited partner interests in the owner of natural gas and crude oil infrastructure assets.
- IPO Preview
CNP vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR