Yesterday, 9:59 AM
- A better-than-expected report from Movado is giving a lift to some luxury peers.
- Fossil (FOSL +1%), Coach (COH +0.5%), and Kate Spade (KATE +0.2%) are all higher on a down day in the markets.
- Movado was able to take some measures to mitigate the impact of F/X swings.
- Previously: Movado rips 8% gain after guidance pleases
Thu, Mar. 19, 8:01 AM
- Chanel and Tag Heuer (OTCPK:LVMHF) have lowered prices in China due in part to the weakened state of the euro.
- Some of the price cuts are being seen in other Asia countries as well.
- The pricing power of luxury brands in China is expected to remain under pressure, although not all companies are expected to follow the lead of Chanel and Tag Heuer with price cuts not in their DNA.
- A Bloomberg TV report showed very long lines at Chanel stores today.
- China luxury sellers: Gucci (OTC:PPRUF, OTCPK:PPRUY), Prada, Louis Vuitton (OTCPK:LVMUY), Coach (NYSE:COH), Ralph Lauren (NYSE:RL), Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS), Swatch (OTCPK:SWGAY), Burberry (OTCPK:BURBY), Tiffany (NYSE:TIF).
Thu, Mar. 5, 11:28 AM
- Shares of Coach ((NYSE:COH) +2.8%) move up after JPMorgan issues positive comments on the company following a meeting with top Coach execs.
- Some snippets from the note are below.
- "Traffic encouraging and conversion the next leg."
- "Committed to 20-25% EBIT margin by FY17."
- "While COH has bounced off the bottom (+25% vs. SPX +4% since mid-December), the stock remains a multi-year underperformer."
- JP reiterates its Overweight rating and $47 price target on Coach.
Wed, Mar. 4, 1:39 PM| 1 Comment
Wed, Mar. 4, 7:31 AM
- Luxury sales in Macau were off 20% to 30% for the Chinese New Year holiday period, according to local reports.
- The slide in luxury sales is tied to a crackdown by the Chinese government on corruption which cut into VIP traffic into the gaming mecca.
- The read on Macau doesn't bode well for luxury sales in Hong Kong during Chinese New Year. Sales in Hong Kong were already a concern due to the political unrest in the region.
- Related: Chinese New Year no cure for Macau gaming slide (Mar. 03 2015)
- China luxury sellers: Gucci (OTC:GUCG), Prada, Louis Vuitton (OTCPK:LVMUY), Coach (NYSE:COH), Ralph Lauren (NYSE:RL), Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS), Swatch (OTCPK:SWGAY), Burberry (OTCPK:BURBY), Tiffany (NYSE:TIF).
Tue, Feb. 24, 2:28 PM
- Shares of Coach (COH +2.9%) move higher after Oppenheimer upgrades the retailer to a Buy rating and doles out a $50 price target.
- A positive trend for Coach is that +$400 handbag sales comped positive the last quarters.
- "We believe fundamentals are close to bottom and we are starting to see signs of brand stabilization," reads the Oppy note.
Thu, Feb. 19, 8:22 AM| 2 Comments
Wed, Feb. 18, 2:09 PM
- JPMorgan sees a bounce in retail sales over the next two quarters as stronger employment rates and lower gas prices underpin demand.
- A screen by JP dug out the 12 stocks which show the largest correlation with headline retail sales growth.
- A dozen to watch in retail: GM, F, COH, SBUX, BWA, DLPH, VFC, IPG, LB, OMC, TSCO, HOG
Wed, Feb. 18, 7:25 AM
Fri, Feb. 13, 12:03 PM
- Select luxury stocks are out-performing market averages.
- A couple of analyst upgrades this week and some volume gains for global sellers against F/X headwinds have helped to lift sentiment.
- Gainers: Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) +2.2%, Coach (NYSE:COH) +1.1%, Estee Lauder (NYSE:EL) +1.5%, Tumi Holdings (NYSE:TUMI) +1.8%, Avond Products (NYSE:AVP) +3.7%, Revlon (NYSE:REV) +1.1%,
Thu, Jan. 29, 9:12 AM
Thu, Jan. 29, 7:41 AM
- Coach (NYSE:COH) reports sales in North America fell 20% to $785M in Q4.
- Comps were off 22% in the U.S. vs. -24% expected.
- International sales were 1% lower to $421M, led by double-digit growth in China.
- Gross margin rate -20 bps to 69.0%.
- Operating margin rate -620 bps to 24.5%.
- SGA& expense rate +590 bps to 44.4%.
- COH +6.3% premarket.
Thu, Jan. 29, 7:06 AM
Wed, Jan. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABT, AIT, ALLY, ALV, ALXN, APD, BABA, BAX, BC, BEAV, BMS, BX, CAH, CAM, CELG, CHKP, CL, CLFD, CMS, COH, COP, CRR, CSH, DGX, DHX, DOW, DST, EMC, EPD, F, GLOP, HAE, HAR, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUB.B, ITG, IVZ, JBLU, KELYA, KEM, KMT, LLL, LRN, LSTR, MD, MJN, MMYT, MTH, NDAQ, NOC, NOK, NYCB, OSTK, OXY, PENN, PHM, POT, PSX, PSXP, RCI, RCL, RDS.A, RGLD, RGS, RTN, RYL, SHW, SILC, SWK, SXC, TCB, TDY, TKR, TMO, TWC, UBSI, VIAB, VLO, VLY, VRTS, WCC, WILN, WRLD, XEL, ZMH
Mon, Jan. 26, 5:30 PM
Mon, Jan. 26, 5:27 PM
- Coach (NYSE:COH) has rescheduled the release of its FQ2 earnings to Thursday morning due to the winter storm on the East Coast.
- The luxury retailer was originally set to report tomorrow morning.
- Analysts expect quarterly revenue of $1.13B (-13% Y/Y) and EPS of $0.66 (-38% Y/Y).
COH vs. ETF Alternatives
Coach Inc is a New York design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections. Its product offerings include women's and men's bags, accessories, business cases, footwear, wearables, jewelry, sunwear, travel bags, watches and fragrance.
Other News & PR