Tim Plaehn • Wed, Nov. 19
There are 2 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
From other sites
at Investor's Business Daily (Dec 8, 2014)
at CNBC.com (May 1, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jan 23, 2014)
- Data center REIT CyrusOne markets its services to enterprise-level customers rather than the usual Internet focus of other data center REITs.
- Two year history of 20% year-over-year revenue growth and 30% plus FFO growth.
- The CONE dividend should increase by 35% to 40% in March 2015, leading to a 30% or better 12-month total return.
- In terms of ownership, data centers are particularly unique in that they are one of the few sectors within real estate that really have a diverse investor base.
- Admittedly, my skill set is real estate, and as much as I've tried to educate myself on the ever-expanding cloud-based platform, the business model is highly complicated and seems to make me drowsy.
- So, as the title suggests, is CyrusOne a "serious one" for my REIT portfolio?
CyrusOne: Another Data Storage REIT Conversion Most Likely
Mon, Nov. 17, 12:20 PM
Tue, Nov. 4, 5:10 AM
Mon, Nov. 3, 5:30 PM
- AER, AFSI, AKS, ALLT, ARCC, ARCO, ARRY, ATRO, AYR, BABA, BDX, BKW, BLMN, CCG, CIE, CLDT, CONE, CVS, DISCA, DISH, DWRE, DX, EL, EMR, ENBL, EOG, ETR, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, GDP, GLT, HCLP, HCN, HCP, HEP, HMSY, HPT, HSNI, HW, ICE, IFF, IMN, IP, IPXL, IRC, IRWD, KORS, LINC, LINE, LNCE, MFA, MSI, MWW, NCT, NGLS, NNN, NTI, NWN, ODP, OZM, PCLN, PPL, RBA, REGN, RESI, RGS, RHP, RIGL, RRGB, SC, SGNT, SRE, TESO, TGH, TICC, TIME, TLM, TRP, VLO, VMC, VSI, WLK, WNR, WRES, ZBRA, ZTS
Thu, Oct. 30, 11:17 AM
- In addition to posting mixed Q3 results, Equinix (NASDAQ:EQIX) is guiding for Q4 revenue of $627M-$631M, below a $642M consensus.
- However, the data center owner reported a 3.4K Q/Q increase in net billable cabinets for Q3, a record figure and (as noted on the CC) 70% above Equinix's 4-quarter average. Total billable cabinets stand at 96.1K - 44.9K in North America, 32.2K in Europe, 19K in Asia-Pac.
- Likewise, cross-connects rose by 5.7K to 141.2K, and exchange ports by 143 to 2,557. Total customers rose by 60 to 4,700, with the termination rate falling to 1.9% from 2.7% in Q2 and 2.5% a year ago.
- Gross margin was 68%, flat Q/Q and Y/Y. Adjusted EBITDA margin was 46% vs. 45% in Q2 and 46% a year ago. $43M was spent on buybacks. Equinix ended Q3 with $501M in cash, and $4B in debt.
- Equinix is guiding for full-year adjusted discretionary free cash flow of $590M-$620M, and adjusted funds from operations (AFFO) of greater than $745M. REIT approval is still expected by year's end.
- Several data center colocation, Web hosting, and interconnection services firms are also higher on a day the Nasdaq is down 0.5%. RAX +1.5%. INAP +3.5%. DLR +1.3%. CONE +1.4%.
- Q3 results, PR, slides (.pdf), datasheet (.pdf)
Wed, Aug. 6, 8:07 AM
Tue, Aug. 5, 5:30 PM
- ANR, AOL, APO, ARIA, AVA, AVT, BRKR, CEQP, CHK, CLH, CMLS, CNP, CONE, CSTE, CTSH, DBD, DISH, DNR, DVN, DWSN, EE, ELOS, GEO, GOV, GWPH, HFC, HNT, INXN, IPXL, ITC, KELYA, LINC, LIOX, MDLZ, MEMP, MVIS, NAVB, NUS, PERI, PH, PKD, POWR, RDC, RL, ROC, SBGI, SE, SEP, SF, SJI, SKYW, STWD, TAP, THI, TRGT, TWX, VC, VIAB, VITC, VOYA, WD, WIX, WPX, ZINC
Tue, Jun. 17, 4:53 PM
- CyrusOne (CONE) has filed to sell 12.5M shares through a public offering. Underwriters have a 1.875M-share overallotment option. (prospectus)
- The data center owner plans to use the proceeds to buy back an equal number of LP interests from parent Cincinnati Bell (CBB).
- At current levels, CBB would reap proceeds of $281M.
Fri, Mar. 7, 4:06 PM
- DuPont Fabros (DFT -5.5%) discloses Yahoo (YHOO -2.4%) plans to sub-lease premises it directly leases at two DuPont data center facilities in Ashburn, VA. DuPont says the leases "represent 11% of the Company's operating property portfolio."
- Other data center owners have also sold off: DLR -3.7%. COR -2.3%. CONE -1.7%.
- Yahoo directly owns four data centers - they're in New York, Washington state, Nebraska, and Singapore. The company announced last October it's investing $170M to expand its New York facility.
- While Internet giants and cloud service providers remain among the top clients of independent data center owners, they've also been making huge investments in custom, energy-efficient data centers of their own.
Thu, Feb. 20, 12:17 AM
Thu, Feb. 20, 12:05 AM| Comment!
Wed, Feb. 19, 5:30 PM| 3 Comments
Dec. 12, 2013, 6:08 AM
Nov. 6, 2013, 6:52 PM
Oct. 16, 2013, 9:56 AM
- Intel (INTC +0.3%) has been upgraded to Buy by B. Riley following its Q3 beat and light Q4 revenue guidance.
- Yahoo (YHOO +1.7%) has received a two-notch upgrade to Outperform from CLSA after it posted mixed Q3 results and soft Q4 guidance, but also strong Q2 numbers for Alibaba.
- Cisco (CSCO +0.4%) has been cut to Neutral, and Juniper (JNPR +3.6%) upgraded to Buy, by MKM. Juniper reports on Oct. 22.
- Netflix (NFLX -0.2%) has been cut to Hold by Hudson Square ahead of its Oct. 21 Q3 report.
- Vimpelcom (VIP +3.9%) has been upgraded to Overweight by Morgan Stanley.
- BT (BT +1.7%) has been upgraded to Conviction Buy by Goldman.
- CyrusOne (CONE +2.7%) has been upgraded to Buy by BofA/Merrill. However, the firm is maintaining its $23 PT.
- Ultimate Software (ULTI +1.6%) has been upgraded to Overweight by Evercore.
- Ellie Mae (ELLI -6.5%) has been cut to Market Perform by JMP.
- Super Micro (SMCI -2.7%) has been cut to Hold by Stifel.
Sep. 30, 2013, 9:26 AM
- BlackBerry (BBRY) has been upgrade to Market Perform by Bernstein. Shares nonetheless -1.4%, following equity futures lower.
- Accenture (ACN) has been upgraded to Hold by SocGen. Shares sold off on Friday in response to the company's soft FQ1/FY14 guidance.
- Xilinx (XLNX) has been upgraded to Outperform by Pac Crest. Shares -0.6%.
- Telecom Italia (TI) has been upgraded to Neutral by JPMorgan following reports CEO Franco Bernabe is set to resign, a move that could clear the way for Latin American asset sales. Shares +3.1%.
- RealPage (RP) has been cut to Underperform by Credit Suisse. Shares -3.5%.
- Chinese online gaming firm NetEase (NTES) and Giant Interactive (GA) have been started at Buy by BNP Paribas.
- Marketo (MKTO) has been started at Outperform by Wells Fargo.
- CyrusOne (CONE) has been started at Overweight by Evercore.
Sep. 12, 2013, 9:29 AM
CONE vs. ETF Alternatives
CyrusOne Inc is an owner, operator and developer of enterprise-class, carrier-neutral data center properties. The Company provides mission-critical data center facilities that protect and ensure the continued operation of IT infrastructure.
Other News & PR