Dec. 8, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 7, 2014, 8:23 AM
- Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) might at least take a look at buying Conn's (NASDAQ:CONN), theorizes Barron's Ben Levisohn.
- The retail chain has a deep penetration in the southern part of the U.S. where Best Buy's footprint is a bit thinner.
- Shares of Conn's are down 59% YTD, although much of the concern from investors is focused on the credit side of the business.
Oct. 6, 2014, 9:16 AM| Comment!
Oct. 6, 2014, 7:42 AM| Comment!
Oct. 6, 2014, 7:12 AM
Sep. 29, 2014, 9:52 AM
Sep. 24, 2014, 1:13 PM
- NPD Group reports the U.S. small home appliance saw sales rise 4% to $19.6B for the year ending June 2014.
- Perhaps a surprise, growth in the rice cooker and electric kettles categories were stronger than what was seen for single-serve brewing systems and countertop blenders.
- Related stocks: GMCR, SBUX, WHR, CONN, HGG, HD, NC, SWK, SODA,
Sep. 5, 2014, 2:26 PM
- Conn's (CONN -2.3%) pulls up just a bit out of its post-earnings tailspin, with board member Scott Thompson buying 10K shares today at $28.80 each to go with 16.1K shares he purchased on Wednesday at $30.89 each. His holdings now stand at 38,941 shares.
- Down near $27 earlier in the session, the stock has bounced back to $28.74 at the moment.
- Previously: In-house financing leaves Conn's exposed
Sep. 2, 2014, 3:17 PM
- Conn's (CONN -30%) has thrown a scare into investors despite beating profit estimates with its FQ2 report and churning up double-digit same-store sales growth.
- Investors and analysts are fixated in the jump in provisions for bad debt and customer delinquency rate at Conn's.
- Over 75% of Conn's sales are paid for by customers through its in-house financing programs, leaving it vulnerable to slow pays and no pays.
Sep. 2, 2014, 12:45 PM
Sep. 2, 2014, 9:11 AM
Sep. 2, 2014, 7:31 AM
- Conn's (NASDAQ:CONN) reports same-store sales rose 11.7% in FQ2.
- Furniture and mattress sales rose 60.6% Y/Y to $81.37M.
- Retail gross margin +250 bps to 40.8% due to the shift in mix.
- Bad loan provision rate +330 bp to 13.9%.
- The company sees FY15 EPS of $2.80-$3.00 vs. $3.52 consensus.
- CONN -23.5% premarket
Sep. 2, 2014, 7:01 AM
Sep. 1, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 15, 2014, 1:57 PM
- Shipments of major home appliances rose 11.3% Y/Y to 7.51M units in June, according to industry tracking.
- The development could bode well for Whirlpool (WHR +0.3%).
- On the other side of the equation, electronics and appliance stores (BBY, CONN, HGG) sales rose only 0.1% M/M in June. The annualized rate is well- below the pace of shipments.
Jul. 11, 2014, 7:52 AM
- Shares of Rent-A-Center (RCII) are now down 14.1% in premarket trading after warning it will miss estimates with its Q2 report.
- The soft read on demand from lower-income consumers in the U.S. by the company falls in line with trends being seen at Wal-Mart and Family Dollar.
- Analysts warn the earnings misfires could spill over to other retailers.
- On watch: Aaron's (AAN), Conn's (CONN), Big Lots (BIG), Five Below (FIVE), Dollar Tree (DLTR).
CONN vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR