Tue, Jun. 2, 1:17 PM
- Retail chain stocks are putting in some strong gains despite a soft read earlier in the day from Redbook on sales.
- PVH issued a strong report last night which helped push the sector in the right direction, but there also appears to be some speculative buying on some names in the sector after Macy's was reported to be under pressure to explore REIT options.
- Previously: Macy's hearing from hedge funds on real estate assets
- Gainers: Guess (NYSE:GES) +5.1%, Tilly's (NYSE:TLYS) +4.4%, Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF) +5.7%, Kohl's (NYSE:KSS) +1.6%, J.C. Penney (NYSE:JCP) +2.9%, Bon-Ton Stores (NASDAQ:BONT) +4.6%, Stein Mart (NASDAQ:SMRT) +2.7%, Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores (NASDAQ:SHOS) +2.4%, Conn's (NASDAQ:CONN) +5.8%, Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) +1.7%, hhgregg (NYSE:HGG) +2.8%.
Tue, Jun. 2, 7:46 AM
- Conn's (NASDAQ:CONN) reports same-store sales decrease 4.3% in Q1,
- Net sales by category: Furniture and mattress: $89.50M (+10.6%); Home appliance: $84.10M (+9.1%); Consumer electronics: $71.43M (+7.5%); Home office: $21.99M (-8.2%); Other: $4.61M (-21%); Repair service agreement commissions: $23.8M (+17.5%); Service revenues: $3.06M (-3.1%).
- Credit revenue +15.9% to $66.4M during the quarter.
- Furniture unit volume increased 12.4% & mattress unit volume grew 17.3%.
- Home appliance unit volume increased 13.3%.
- Retail gross margin -10 bps to 41.3%.
- Adjusted retail operating margin +30 bps to 14.5%.
- FY2016 Guidance: Same-store sales: flat to up low single digits; Retail gross margin rate: 40% to 41%; New stores: 15 to 18.
- CONN +2.28% premarket.
Fri, May 22, 9:28 AM
Tue, Mar. 31, 1:21 PM
- Conn's (CONN +12.1%) trades higher after reporting earnings and disclosing it's considering a sale of its loan portfolio.
- Execs talked about the deal during the earnings call, saying the company still plans to originate and underwrite loans.
- Underwriting changes by the company will impact comps going forward.
- Appliances, furniture, and mattresses are categories where comp growth can stay positive, maintains management.
- Conn's earnings call webcast
- Previously: Conn's EPS of $0.42
- Previously: Conn's reports 1.3% comp, guides for margin improvement
Tue, Mar. 31, 12:45 PM
Wed, Mar. 11, 10:11 AM
Mon, Feb. 9, 6:51 AM
Thu, Feb. 5, 9:12 AM
Tue, Jan. 20, 5:38 PM
Thu, Jan. 8, 9:15 AM
Tue, Jan. 6, 10:11 AM
Dec. 9, 2014, 12:45 PM
Dec. 9, 2014, 9:09 AM
Oct. 6, 2014, 9:16 AM| Comment!
Oct. 6, 2014, 7:42 AM
Sep. 29, 2014, 9:52 AM
CONN vs. ETF Alternatives
Conn's Inc is a specialty retailer of branded durable consumer goods offering products such as furniture and mattresses, home appliances, consumer electronics and home office products. It also provides consumer credit to support its customers' purchases.
Other News & PR