Today, 7:42 AM
- Revenue by segments: U.S. simple meals: $505M (-3%); Global baking and snacking: $553M (-12%); International simple meals and beverages: $142M (-24%); U.S. beverages: $165M (-10%); Bolthouse and foodservice: $328M (-2%).
- Total volume and mix fell 1% for the quarter.
- Adjusted gross margin rate grew 180 bps to 36.1% due to productivity improvements, higher selling prices and lower promotional spending.
- FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: 0 to +1%; Adjusted EBIT: +3% to +5%; Adjusted EPS: $2.53 to $2.58.
Today, 7:16 AM
Yesterday, 5:30 PM
Wed, Jul. 22, 8:25 AM
- Campbell Soup (NYSE:CPB) issues a strategic update ahead of an investor meeting.
- The company highlighted the advantages of changing reporting segments by product type to Americas Simple Meals and Beverages, Global Biscuits and Snacks, and Campbell Fresh.
- New cost reduction initiatives are seen generating $75M in savings this fiscal year. The annual savings target is lifted to $250M from $200M.
- Favorable gross margin performance has led to a boost in profit guidance. Campbell sees 2015 EPS of $2.43-$2.48 vs. $2.32-$2.38 prior and $2.38 consensus.
- CPB +1.65% premarket to $48.25.
Fri, May 22, 7:30 AM
- Campbell Soup (NYSE:CPB) reports organic sales fell 1% in FQ3.
- Higher selling prices partially offset a drop in volume and decrease in promotional spending during the period.
- Segment operating earnings: U.S. Simple Meals $147M, Globla Baking and Snacking $80M, International Simple Meals and Beverages $267M, U.S. Beverages $34M, Bolthouse/Foodservice $31M.
- Gross margin rate +160 bps to 35.9%.
- Marketing and selling expenses -2% to $213M.
- Guidance: Campbell sees FY15 sales growth falling in the lower end of the previously-announced range of -1% to +1%. EPS of $2.32-$2.38 seen vs. $2.35 consensus.
- Previously: Campbell Soup beats by $0.10, misses on revenue
Fri, May 22, 7:18 AM
Thu, May 21, 5:30 PM
Wed, Feb. 25, 7:27 AM
- Campbell Soup (NYSE:CPB) reports organic sales were flat in FQ2 as improved volume and mix were offset by higher promotional spending.
- Segment operating earnings: U.S. Simple Meals $170M, Globla Baking and Snacking $107M, International Simple Meals and Beverages $26M, U.S. BEverages $20M.
- The company's gross margin rate fell 310 bps to 32.6%, due in part to cost inflation and the elevated promotional spending.
- Marketing and selling expenses -10% to $242M.
- Guidance: FY15 sales growth of -1% to +1% expected and EPS of $2.32-$2.38 vs. $2.39 consensus.
- Previously: Campbell Soup EPS and revenue in-line
Wed, Feb. 25, 7:17 AM
Tue, Feb. 24, 5:30 PM
Nov. 25, 2014, 7:24 AM
- Campbell Soup (NYSE:CPB) reports organic sales increased 5% in FQ1.
- The U.S. segment saw volume/mix increase 8% during the quarter. Operating income +15% to $242M.
- Gross margin rate -120 bps to 34.7%, due in part to cost inflation.
- Marketing and selling expenses -5% to $247M.
- Guidance: FY15 sales growth of 0%-2% expected and EPS of $2.42-$2.50 vs. $2.47 consensus.
Nov. 25, 2014, 7:17 AM
Nov. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Sep. 8, 2014, 7:48 AM
- Campbell Soup (NYSE:CPB) reports organic sales fell 2% in FQ4.
- Acquisitions added 3% to growth while promotional spending clipped 2%.
- Gross margin rate -210 bps to 34.1%.
- Segment growth: U.S. Simple Meals +5% to $518M; Global Baking and Snacking +10% to $628M; International Simple Meals and Beverages +1% to $188M; U.S. Beverages +6% to $184M; Bolthouse and Foodservice +11% to $334M.
- Guidance: Full-year EPS of $2.45-$2.60 expected vs. $2.54 consensus.
- CPB -1.9% premarket
Sep. 8, 2014, 7:24 AM
Sep. 7, 2014, 5:30 PM
CPB vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR