Thu, Jul. 23, 4:07 PM
Wed, Jul. 22, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACTG, ALGN, ALTR, AMZN, ATHN, BCR, BJRI, BLDR, BYD, CA, CB, CBI, CHE, CLGX, CLS, COF, CPHD, CTCT, CYN, DGII, ETFC, FET, FII, FLEX, FSL, GHL, GIMO, HBHC, HWAY, IG, JNPR, LOGM, LSTR, MITK, MKTO, MSCC, MXIM, N, NANO, NTGR, P, PEB, PFG, PFPT, PMCS, QLIK, RGA, RHI, RSG, RT, SBUX, SIVB, SPNC, SRCL, STAG, SWKS, SYK, T, TRIP, TRN, UIS, V, VRSN, WIRE, WRE
Thu, Jul. 2, 4:07 PM
- The FDA issues 510(k) clearance for privately-held Theranos' diagnostic testing system and its test for herpes simplex 1 IgG, the 153rd test that the company provides for less than $10 in its service offering. The automated system the company has developed utilizes microfluidics to perform a wide array of tests on small volume blood samples, including those from a finger stick. Some observers believe Theranos will upend the clinical diagnostics industry with its modest costs. The herpes test, for example, will sell for only $9.07 compared to ~$175 from leading reference labs.
- Theranos founder and CEO Elizabeth Holmes is one the newest celebrity entrepreneurs. Based on the company's current valuation, she is the youngest self-made female billionaire in U.S. history.
- Some diagnostics-related tickers: (NYSE:ABT) (OTCQX:RHHBY) (NASDAQ:QDEL) (NYSE:BIO) (NASDAQ:QGEN) (NASDAQ:CPHD) (NASDAQ:CEMI) (NASDAQ:TRIB) (NASDAQ:AXDX) (NASDAQ:CBMX) (NYSE:TMO)
Mon, Jun. 29, 3:30 PM
- Becton, Dickinson (BDX +0.3%) upgraded to Buy from undefined with a $167 (18% upside) price target by UBS.
- Community Health Systems (CYH -0.9%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with an $83.90 (33% upside) price target by Mizuho Securities.
- LifePoint Health (LPNT +2.8%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $95.71 (11% upside) price target by Mizuho Securities.
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH -1.3%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $126 (3% upside) price target by Sterne Agee CRT.
- Tenet Healthcare (THC -1.5%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform with a $64 (12% upside) price target by Wells Fargo.
- Cepheid (CPHD -1.7%) raised to Buy from Hold with a $75 (25% upside) price target by Craig-Hallum.
- Merge Healthcare (MRGE -0.1%) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $5.75 (17% upside) price target by Topeka Capital.
- Alere (ALR -0.2%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $60 (15% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs.
- Smith & Nephew (SNN -2.1%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a 1275p (16% upside) price target by UBS.
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals (AERI -4.3%) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $40 (135% upside) price target by Canaccord Genuity.
Thu, Apr. 23, 4:31 PM
Wed, Apr. 22, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ALGN, ALTR, AMZN, AWAY, BAS, BCR, BGS, BJRI, BLDR, CB, CBI, COF, CPHD, CVTI, CYN, DGII, DV, EFII, ELY, ETFC, ETH, FET, FICO, FII, FR, FSL, GHL, GIMO, GOOG, HA, HBHC, HBI, HUBG, HWAY, JNPR, KLAC, KN, LSTR, MKTO, MMSI, MSCC, MSFT, MTSN, MXIM, MXWL, N, NEM, NTGR, P, PEB, PFG, QDEL, QLIK, RGA, RHI, RMD, RSG, SBAC, SBUX, SFG, SHOR, SIVB, SPNC, SRCL, SWN, SYA, SYNA, TRN, UIS, VCRA, VRSN, WIRE, WRE
Tue, Apr. 7, 4:54 PM
- Ilan Daskal, formerly the CFO of chipmaker International Rectifier (recently bought by Infineon), has been named Cepheid's (NASDAQ:CPHD) new CFO, effective Thursday.
- In January, Cepheid announced Andrew Miller is stepping down as CFO to take another position.
- CPHD +1.5% AH to $56.72, after falling 1.9% in regular trading.
Mon, Feb. 9, 12:21 PM
- The following are healthcare companies whose after-tax margins have expanded the past three quarters and trade at least 500K shares per day:
- (ACOR -0.7%)(BCR -1.5%)(BIIB -0.2%)(CAH -1.2%)(CPHD +1.3%)(EVHC -1.6%)(ILMN +0.7%)(JAZZ -1.7%)(LCI +7.3%)(MNK -0.5%)(SHPG -2.9%)(SYK -0.2%)(TMO -0.7%)(UTHR +1.4%)(VRX).
- This is not a list of "Buy" recommendations, but rather a targeted list of firms that may be suitable for more in-depth research.
Thu, Jan. 29, 4:13 PM
Wed, Jan. 28, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ALGN, AMZN, AVNW, BCR, BIIB, BRCM, BXP, CB, COHR, CORT, CPHD, CPSI, CTCT, DECK, EFII, ELX, ELY, EMN, EPAY, FICO, GDOT, GIMO, GOOG, HA, HBI, HLIT, INVN, ISBC, IXYS, JDSU, LEG, MCHP, MITK, MTW, N, NATI, NEU, NFG, NGVC, PCCC, PFG, PFPT, PKI, PMCS, QLGC, RHI, RVBD, SFG, SWI, SYNA, TFSL, TUES, UIS, V, VR, WERN
Mon, Jan. 5, 9:16 AM
- Cepheid (NASDAQ:CPHD) CFO Andrew Miller will depart the company on February 3 to take a position with Massachusetts-based PTC, Inc.
- Separately, the company will report its financial results on Thursday, January 29 after the close. Consensus views for Q4 and 2014 are losses of ($0.13) and ($0.52) on revenues of $125M and $464M, respectively.
Nov. 13, 2014, 8:11 AM
- The Paul G. Allen Foundation and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation co-finance a grant of up to $3.3M to Cepheid (NASDAQ:CPHD) to develop its Xpert Ebola diagnostic test which will process both saliva and blood samples.
- The company joins a list of diagnostic firms developing a test for Ebola infection. Last month, the FDA granted emergency authorization to two Ebola diagnostic tests made by bioMerieux subsidiary BioFire. Its tests can detect Ebola in blood or urine in one hour compared to 24 -48 hours for currently-available techniques. Chembio Diagnostics (NASDAQ:CEMI) is developing a point-of-care Ebola test in partnership with Integrated BioTherapeutics.
Oct. 16, 2014, 4:49 PM
- Cepheid (CPHD +2%) Q3 results ($M): Total Revenues: 115.2 (+15.1%), System and Other: 19.1 (-3.0%), Reagent and disposable: 96.1 (+19.5%); Operating Expenses: 60.5 (+26.3%); Operating Loss: (3.4) (-999%); Net Loss: (7.2) (-423.9%); Loss Per Share: (0.10) (-500.0%); Quick Assets: 299.6 (+300.0%); CF Ops: 4.8 (-59.0%).
- 2014 Guidance: Total revenue: $461M - 465M from $452M - 461M; net loss per share: ($0.54 - 0.52) from ($0.54 - 0.51); non-GAAP net income per share: $0.11 - 0.13 from $0.10 - 0.13.
Oct. 16, 2014, 4:11 PM
Oct. 15, 2014, 5:35 PM
Oct. 1, 2014, 5:17 PM
CPHD vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR