Tue, Feb. 10, 9:26 AM
- Capstone Turbine (NASDAQ:CPST) is up 4.6% premarket after receiving a follow-on order for five C800 microturbines for another phase of the Los Ramones pipeline project in Eastern Mexico.
- The stock has been under pressure over the last year, however, with shares falling 55.8% in the past 52 weeks.
- Previously: Capstone Turbine higher on Mexican pipeline order (Dec. 15 2014)
Thu, Jan. 29, 9:01 AM
Tue, Jan. 13, 9:15 AM
Tue, Jan. 6, 9:20 AM
- Capstone Turbine (NASDAQ:CPST) has received a second major order for fourteen C1000 microturbines, which will be used for multiple CHP projects in Mexico.
- "These two orders combined (including last month's Mexican pipeline order) total approximately $17M and should make Mexico a top 5 market for calendar year 2015," says CEO Darren Jamison.
- CPST +5.5% premarket
Dec. 15, 2014, 9:29 AM| 3 Comments
Nov. 10, 2014, 9:55 AM
- Capstone Turbine (CPST +3%) has received an order for a C1000 microturbine to upgrade a food manufacturing facility for Sicilian pasta maker Tomasello. The project is expected to be commissioned in early 2015.
- The order was secured through Onda Energia, the local multi-utility energy service company in Sicily.
Aug. 18, 2014, 8:53 AM
- Capstone Turbine (NASDAQ:CPST) +2.6% premarket after announcing a Factory Protection Plan contract for nine C1000 power packages, increasing the total contract backlog for Capstone FPPs to more than $55M.
- The deal is with energy supplier Horizon Power Systems, which has a fleet of 600-plus CPST microturbines in operation.
- CPST says the $55M in-service backlog is in addition to the record $175M product backlog as of June 30.
Aug. 14, 2014, 12:35 PM
- Plug Power's (PLUG +4.1%) Q2 results, which included revenues that more than doubled and beating analyst consensus, are sparking a rally in alternative energy stocks.
- PLUG reported a 17% gross margin in its product business and says it expects gross margin in the area to reach the mid-20s in Q4.
- CEO Andy Marsh says in this morning's earnings conference call that the company and customers seeing far fewer problems with PLUG's newer units than with older ones.
- Results impress Cowen analysts, noting PLUG's installation of the first GenKey site for Wal-Mart’s Pottstown, Pa., distribution center, and anticipating continued sequential growth through the year.
- FCEL +7.1%, BLDP +2%, ZBB +4.3%, CPST +4%.
Aug. 11, 2014, 9:18 AM| Comment!
Aug. 8, 2014, 9:11 AM
Jul. 22, 2014, 2:31 PM
- GE's (GE -0.2%) plan to build a new fuel-cell manufacturing facility in upstate New York to improve the production of fuel cells that run on natural gas isn't lifting its own shares, but it seems to be providing a big boost to fuel-cell stocks and other alternative energy names.
- FuelCell Energy (FCEL +14.5%) is soaring after Germany’s Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy awarded it and a joint venture partner €5M (~$6.7M) in a project to increase power density and the operating life of fuel cells, which would cut costs.
- Ocean Power Tech (OPTT +35.3%) is exploding higher today with no company specific news to account for the strength, and water management solutions provider GreenHunter Resources (GRH +13.8%) is up sharply on MLP news.
- Also rising: PLUG +6.9%, BLDP +5.8%, ZBB +4.8%, CBAK +2.3%, CPST +5.1%.
Jun. 18, 2014, 3:28 PM
- Fuel cell companies had been quiet for a while but not today, as Plug Power (PLUG +18.8%) and Ballard Power (BLDP +15.8%) skyrocket amid speculation that declining volume and high short interest could be causing a short squeeze; others say the names have been trading at recent lows and may be catching a bid in response to the recent spike in solar stocks such as SolarCity.
- FuelCell Energy (FCEL +1.2%) continues to gain after obtaining a federal grant, as the U.S. government pushes hydrogen energy to become a reality.
- Also: ZBB +10.1%, HYG +0.4%, CPST -1.4%.
May. 12, 2014, 9:12 AM
May. 7, 2014, 9:15 AM
May. 6, 2014, 2:35 PM
- Capstone Turbine (CPST -13.2%) is sharply lower due to a negative article from Seeking Alpha contributor Adam Gefvert, who says the company pre-reported a 16% revenue miss for the current quarter, its second-worst miss in 13 quarters.
- The article also says Russian sanctions on the energy sector would affect CPST's Russian distributor, which represents more than 10% of sales, and that CPST failed its financial compliance with its credit facility with Wells Fargo.
- Gefvert also notes CPST's recent equity raise because of its overvalued share price, which reminds him of Plug Power's similar offering that may be soon followed by a PLUG-like 25% drop.
May. 6, 2014, 12:45 PM
CPST vs. ETF Alternatives
Capstone Turbine Corp develops, manufactures, markets and services microturbine technology solutions used in stationary distributed power generation applications, including cogeneration, renewable energy, natural resources and critical power supply.
Other News & PR