Yesterday, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AGU, AIZ, ALL, AMRS, AMSG, ANAD, ANDE, ARC, ATSG, AWR, AXLL, BIO, BRDR, CENT, CERS, CLUB, COUP, CRAY, CSU, CTL, CVG, CYH, DK, DKL, DLR, DTLK, DVN, EA, ENPH, EXAM, FISV, FOSL, FTR, GCA, GHDX, GMED, GNMK, GPOR, GRPN, HK, HLF, HRZN, IAG, ICUI, IGTE, IRWD, JIVE, KAR, KGC, KONA, LC, MHLD, MM, MYGN, MYL, NDLS, NFX, NVGS, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OUT, PAA, PACB, PAGP, PBPB, PKD, PXD, PZZA, QGEN, QNST, QUAD, REGI, REXX, RLOC, RNR, RP, RUBI, SBRA, SCTY, SKUL, SLF, SM, SPA, SUPN, TEG, TMH, TNET, TRNX, TSRA, TTGT, USNA, VVUS, WAGE, WES, WGP, WR, WSR, WSTC, WTR, WTW, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZLTQ, ZU
Thu, Feb. 12, 11:54 AM
- Cray (CRAY -0.8%) is guiding for Q1 revenue of $80M (in-line with consensus) and full-year revenue of $715M (close to a $714.8M consensus), with 40%-45% of 2015 sales occurring in Q4 (a slightly lower % than in recent years).
- 2015 gross margin is expected to be around 35% (it was 34% in 2014), and op. margin is expected to improve "significantly." The full-year tax rate is only expected to be 10%.
- On the CC (transcript), CEO Peter Ungaro mentioned Cray still has "work left to do to secure new wins for 2015," while insisting his company is "in really good shape" to do so. He talked up recent supercomputer wins against IBM, and suggested the sale of IBM's x86 server unit to China's Lenovo helped Cray win a deal with the NOAA.
- Ungaro added Cray has "signed a number of contracts" for major installations of its Sonexion scale-out/high-performance storage systems, and is targeting non-Cray HPC deployments with its Cluster Connect solution. He admitted Cray "still [hasn't] cracked the code yet" for growing Urika analytics system sales, in spite of "good engagement with customers."
- Shares were off sharply in early trading, but have since rebounded.
- Q4 results, PR
Wed, Feb. 11, 4:17 PM
Tue, Feb. 10, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ACHC, AEM, AMAT, AMBR, AUY, BIDU, CAKE, CJES, CPA, CRAY, CSCO, CSOD, CTL, CVA, CXW, CYS, DDR, DIOD, EFC, EFX, EXL, FET, FEYE, FORR, GAS, HIVE, HNI, HOS, IO, ITRI, LPSN, MET, NSIT, NTAP, NTWK, NU, NVDA, OII, PNRA, PPC, QDEL, REG, SCSS, SKX, SLF, SPRT, STMP, SWM, TAL, TCX, TRIP, TSLA, TSO, TTGT, WFM, ZEN, ZU
Fri, Jan. 30, 4:51 PM| Comment!
Fri, Jan. 9, 9:43 AM
- Stating it "did not complete all of the system acceptances necessary to achieve our 2014 guidance," Cray (CRAY -0.8%) expects to report 2014 revenue of ~$560M, below prior guidance of $600M and a $601.3M consensus.
- However, it also forecasts 2015 revenue of ~$715M, above a $669M consensus and good for 28% Y/Y growth. 40%-45% of the year's sales are expected to come in Q4; Q1 revenue is expected to be around $80M.
- Full-year gross margin is expected to be around 35%, and opex around $190M. "Based on this outlook, we expect to improve our GAAP and non-GAAP operating profit margin significantly for 2015."
- The supercomputer maker adds it's "evaluating the potential release of all or a portion of the reserve held against its remaining U.S. Federal deferred tax assets, which if made would likely result in a significant tax benefit for 2014 for GAAP accounting purposes."
Oct. 28, 2014, 4:52 PM
- Going into its all-important fourth quarter (responsible for over half of annual sales) CRAY still expects full-year revenue of ~$600M, albeit while cautioning "a wide range of results remains possible." Consensus is at $600.5M.
- The completion of a major order from a European weather-forecasting center boosted Q3 sales. Gross margin fell to 31% from 39% a year ago, while opex rose 10% to $39.8M.
- Q3 results, PR
Oct. 28, 2014, 4:08 PM
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AEC, AFG, AFL, AJG, AMCC, AMP, APC, ARI, AZPN, BGFV, BLDP, BOOM, BXP, CAP, CBT, CEB, CHMT, CHRW, CINF, CRAY, DLR, DNB, DYAX, EA, EIX, EPR, EQR, ESRX, EXP, EXTR, FARO, FB, FEIC, FISV, GFIG, GILD, GPRE, HIW, HLIT, HTA, HTS, HURN, INAP, INVN, IPHI, KEYW, KIM, KONA, MAC, MAR, MCK, MRCY, MWA, NANO, NFX, OI, PEI, PLT, PNRA, PSMT, RJET, ROG, RPXC, SKT, SM, SWI, TQNT, TRN, TSS, UDR, ULTI, USNA, VRSK, VRTX, WDC, WES, WGP, WNC, WSH, WTS, WYNN, X, XCO, XOOM, ZLTQ
Jul. 30, 2014, 1:51 PM
- Though Cray (CRAY -1.7%) beat Q2 estimates, it's guiding for Q3 revenue of $125M, below a $156.9M consensus.
- Cray, whose quarterly sales can swing wildly due to the timing of a few deals, still expects 2014 revenue of ~$600M (consensus is at $599.4M), but cautions "a wide range of results remain possible." 56% of the company's 2014 revenue is expected in Q4.
- On the CC (transcript), Cray noted $10M in sales previously expected in Q3 were pulled into Q2 (driving the revenue beat). It also stated Q3 results are "expected to be dependent on a few significant customer acceptances that are likely to come down to -- late in the quarter."
- At the same time, management struck an upbeat tone about Cray's ability to grab share from top supercomputer rival IBM, both due to the pending sale of IBM's x86 server unit to Lenovo and the lack of a refresh for its Blue Gene supercomputer line.
- The company also talked up its efforts to boost Sonexion storage sales by integrating more proprietary IP. Seagate's Xyratex unit is an OEM partner.
- Interestingly, peer SGI (SGI +8.5%) is up sharply. SGI's FQ4 report is due on Aug. 6; 11% of the company's float was shorted as of July 15.
Jul. 29, 2014, 4:21 PM
Jul. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, ACMP, AEC, AEGN, AEGR, AFL, AJG, AMCC, AMGN, AMP, APC, APU, ARI, AXP, AXS, BGFV, BLDP, BOOM, BWLD, BXP, CALX, CAP, CBG, CBL, CEB, CEMP, CHMT, CHRW, CINF, CLD, CLMS, CPWR, CRAY, CSLT, CVD, DLR, DOX, DWA, EEFT, EQR, ESRX, EW, EXAM, EZPW, FARO, FBP, FISV, GAS, GNW, GPN, GPRE, HTA, HURN, IGT, INAP, INVN, IPHI, IVR, KIM, LNDC, MAR, MOVE, NATI, NCR, NEM, NEU, NFX, NTRI, NUVA, PEI, PLT, PNRA, QGEN, RBC, RGR, RKT, RNG, RNR, ROG, RPXC, RT, RUBI, SB, SLCA, SM, SQNM, TMH, TRN, TWTR, TX, UGI, ULTI, USNA, VRSK, VRTX, WNC, WSH, WTS, X, XCO, XPO
Apr. 29, 2014, 5:13 PM
- CRAY still expects 2014 revenue of $600M, of which only $75M will be in Q2 (below a $95.9M consensus). Full-year gross margin is still expected to be in the mid-30s. Shares -2.1% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
- Dolby (DLB) expects FQ3 revenue of $205M-$215M and EPS of $0.38-$0.43 vs. a consensus of $216.9M and $0.32. FY14 (ends in September) guidance is for revenue of $930M-$950M, above a $921.8M consensus. Shares +1.3% AH. (FQ2 results, PR)
- SolarWinds (SWI) expects Q2 revenue of $96.5M-$98.5M and EPS of $0.35-$0.37, below a consensus of $98.8M and $0.38. Full-year guidance is better: revenue of $409M-$421M and EPS of $1.60-$1.70 vs. a consensus of $415.6M and $1.61. Shares roughly unchanged for now. (Q1 results, PR)
Apr. 29, 2014, 4:18 PM
Apr. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACE, ACHC, ACMP, AEC, AEGN, AFL, ANIK, ARI, AUY, AXS, AZPN, BGFV, BOOM, BXP, CALX, CAP, CEB, CEMP, CHE, CHRW, CLD, CMRE, CNQR, COLM, CRAY, DLB, DNB, DWA, EBAY, EEFT, EIX, EPR, ESRX, EZPW, FARO, FEIC, FISV, GMED, GNW, GPRE, HURN, IPHI, LOGM, MAC, MAR, MEOH, MWA, NANO, NATI, NCR, NDLS, NFX, NUVA, OHI, OI, PNRA, PRXL, REXX, RFMD, RNG, RNR, RPXC, RVBD, SIMG, SKT, SLCA, SM, STR, STX, SWI, TE, THG, TMH, TRLA, TRN, TTS, TWTR, ULTI, USNA, VNR, VPRT, VRSK, WSH, X, XCO.
Feb. 13, 2014, 5:52 PM
- In addition to beating estimates for a quarter responsible for well over half its 2013 revenue, CRAY is guiding for 2014 revenue of $600M, +14% Y/Y and above a $596.3M consensus. Full-year gross margin is expected to be in the mid-30s after coming in at 35% in 2013.
- Opex rose 35% Y/Y in both Q4 and the whole of 2013. Cray attributes the full-year growth to investments in its storage and analytics hardware platforms, the loss of R&D credits, and the Appro International acquisition. Cash/investments totaled $220.4M at year's end.
- Shares have made new 52-week highs in AH trading. It wasn't long ago that they were pressured by federal shutdown-related worries.
- Q4 results, PR
CRAY vs. ETF Alternatives
Cray Inc designs, develops, and supports high-performance computer systems, commonly known as supercomputers and/or clusters, and provide storage solutions, software and engineering services related to HPC systems.
Other News & PR