Thu, Aug. 20, 5:04 PM
Wed, Aug. 12, 4:27 PM
- The Panama Canal Authority plans to restrict the amount of cargo ships will be allowed to carry through the canal beginning on September 8.
- The action is a result of the low level of water in Gatun Lake and Alajuela Lake resulting from this year's El Nino phenomenon.
- Citigroup has its eyes on the development, noting retailers with potential exposure this fall to reduced shipping to East Coast ports include Carter's (NYSE:CRI), Columbia Sportswear (NASDAQ:COLM), Wolverine Worldwide (NYSE:WWW), Staples (NASDAQ:SPLS), and Steve Madden (NASDAQ:SHOO).
- Panama Canal Advisory (.pdf)
- Related ETFs: XLP, XLY, VDC, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, FXG, PBJ, IYK, IYC, FXD, PEJ, FDIS, RHS, FSTA, SCC, UCC, RCD, PMR, PEZ, UGE, PSL, PSCC, PSCD, SZK
Wed, Jul. 29, 10:48 AM
- Carter's (CRI -4.6%) trades lower on heavy volume, despite beating with both lines of its Q2 report.
- Investors appear to be focusing on Q3 EPS guidance from the company which came in below expectations, $1.40-$1.46 vs. $1.47 consensus.
- Previously: Carter's beats by $0.10, beats on revenue (Jul. 29 2015)
Wed, Jul. 29, 6:27 AM
Tue, Jul. 28, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADT, AMED, AMT, ANTM, APO, AVY, BAH, BDC, BEN, BGCP, BOKF, CARB, CBG, CDK, CFR, CHH, CLF, CRI, DATA, DIN, DORM, DXYN, ESIO, ETN, EVER, EXC, FDML, FLY, GCI, GD, GEL, GIB, GRA, GRMN, GT, GTI, HCBK, HES, HLT, HSIC, HSP, HTA, HUM, HUN, IP, IRT, JAH, JLL, LFUS, LVLT, MA, MDCO, MO, MTH, MTOR, MVIS, NOC, PAG, PCG, PX, Q, RES, ROK, ROL, SAIA, SLAB, SNCR, SO, SONS, SPIL, SPR, SPW, SSE, STNG, STRA, STRZA, TGI, TRI, UBSI, UMC, VNTV, WEC, WEX, WILN, WOOF
Thu, Jul. 23, 2:38 PM
- Wal-Mart (WMT -0.7%) is taking aim at Target (TGT -0.9%) in the baby category by increasing the quantity and scope of its baby products.
- Both companies are gunning for millennial parents, a group that includes 90% of new mothers.
- Baby-focused Carter's (CRI -0.8%) has crushed both Wal-Mart and Target this year with a YTD return of 24%. The retail chain appears to be doing well with millennials based off its retail sales gain of 12% in Q1 which included an 8% rise in e-commerce sales. Both Target and Wal-Mart sell Carter's-branded items.
Wed, Jul. 1, 7:47 AM
Thu, May 7, 5:23 PM
Wed, Apr. 29, 10:24 AM
- Carter's (CRI +5.9%) trades higher after showing strength in its Q1 report.
- Sales in both the Carter's and OshKosh Bgosh retail segments rose at a double-digit clip to help offset a slip in global sales
- Operating margin rate +290 bps to 12.3% with expense leverage kicking in.
- Guidance: The company expects FY15 sales growth of 5% and EPS growth of 10% to 14%.
- Previously: Carter's beats by $0.23, beats on revenue
Wed, Apr. 29, 6:24 AM
Tue, Apr. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ACCO, ADT, AME, AMED, ANTM, AVY, BC, BEN, BGCP, BOKF, CBG, CCJ, CFR, CRI, CVE, DHX, DX, DXYN, EDR, ETN, EVER, EXC, FCAU, FCH, FDML, FI, FUN, GD, GEL, GIB, GRMN, GRUB, GT, HCBK, HERO, HES, HLT, HOT, HUM, ICON, IDCC, IP, ISSI, LFUS, LINE, LL, LVLT, MA, MDLZ, MTOR, MWV, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OCR, PCG, PX, Q, RES, ROL, SAIA, SAVE, SLAB, SLGN, SNCR, SO, SPIL, SPR, SPW, TRI, TWX, UMC, VRX, WEX, WM, WOOF
Mon, Mar. 23, 10:02 AM
- Weak guidance from Kansas City Southern is taking down some peers on fears of a drop in energy segment revenue.
- There is also concern in the sector on tighter regulations after an increase in accidents.
- Previously: Kansas City Southern lowers 2015 revenue outlook (Mar. 23 2015)
- Decliners: Union Pacific (NYSE:UNP) -2.0%, Norfolk Southern (NYSE:NSC) -1.1%, Genesee & Wyoming (NYSE:GWR) -1.0%, CSX (NYSE:CSX) -1.2%, Canadian Pacific (NYSE:CP) -1.4%, Canadian National Railway (NYSE:CRI) -1.0%.
Thu, Feb. 26, 6:57 AM
- Carter's (NYSE:CRI) reports sales for Carters business rose 13.2% to $642.12M in Q4.
- Sales at the Oshkosh business were up 14.9% to $133.5M.
- Operating income margin +360 bps to 13.1%, led by a 21.6% margin in the Carters retail segment.
- SG&A expenses -2.7% to $251.90M.
- The Carters retail segment saw e-commerce comparable-store sales gain 26.1% Y/Y.
Thu, Feb. 26, 6:42 AM
Wed, Feb. 25, 5:30 PM
- ACIW, ACTA, AES, AKRX, AMCX, AMWD, ANSS, ARCC, BDBD, BIN, BUD, CCG, CHS, CNP, CNSL, CRI, CWEI, CYBX, DDD, EME, EXH, EXLP, FCH, FIG, FRO, GCAP, GOGO, HAWK, HEES, HSC, HSNI, ICON, IQNT, IRDM, ITC, KOP, KSS, LKQ, LPI, LTM, MBLY, MDXG, MGLN, MITL, MRGE, [[NTi]], NTLS, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, RHP, SDRL, SEAS, SFY, SHLD, SNAK, SNH, SNMX, SRE, SRPT, TASR, TD, TICC, TWI, VAC, VC, VICL, WAC, WNR, XCRA, ZEUS
Tue, Feb. 24, 11:23 AM
- Data from NPD Group confirms that athleisure and casualwear are providing the strongest growth in the fashion industry.
- Apparel sales growth was flat Y/Y in 2014 at $208.3B.
- Footwear sales +2% to $62B.
- Accessories +2% to $52.7B.
- Categories with strong demand included sports bras, polo/golf/rugby tops, children's footwear, sports jerseys, handbags, leggings, and jewelry accessories.
- NPD says an "underlying sense of rebellion" driven by millennials is a major factor in the sector.
- Apparel/footwear stocks: CROX, DECK, WWW, SHOO, SKX, SCVL, BWS, FL, FINL, NKE, KATE, ANN, LULU, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, GIII, SQBG, HBI, VRA, ICON, BWS, PERY, DXLG, BONT, GES, URBN, RL,GIL, OXM, HBI, VNCE, PERY, ICON.
CRI vs. ETF Alternatives
Carter's Inc is a branded marketer of apparel for babies & young children in USA. The Company through its subsidiaries design, source & market branded childrenswear under the Carter's, Child of Mine, Just One You, Precious Firsts, OshKosh & other brands.
Other News & PR