There are 3 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Business Wire (Aug 1, 2014)
Business Wire (Jul 1, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Oct 13, 2010)
at MarketWatch.com (Sep 20, 2010)
at MarketWatch.com (Jul 30, 2010)
Fri, Aug. 1, 8:39 AM
Fri, May. 2, 9:24 AM
Tue, Apr. 29, 10:14 AM
- Broadcast network dollar volume ordered at the media industry's Upfront meetings will fall 2% this year, forecasts JP Morgan.
- Cable network revenue is expected to rise 3%.
- Last year, Upfront broadcast revenue fell 2.1% to $9.1B and cable revenue rose 5% to $9.8B.
- Stratification within the cable sector will benefit the top-rated networks, according to buyers.
- Related stocks: DIS, FOXA, CBS, CMCSA, DISCA, SNI, MSG, AMCX, VIAB, CRWN, TWX, OUTD
Tue, Apr. 15, 1:34 PM
- Aereo gets its day in the Supreme Court next week as it takes on a powerful group of broadcasters (DIS, CMCSA, CBS, FOXA) and the U.S. Solicitor General's office.
- Legal experts are deeply divided on which direction the court will rule in what could be a landmark case for the media industry. Justice Ginsburg is expected to side with the broadcasters and agree that Aereo violates copyright law, while Justice Breyer is tapped to side with Aereo. The other 7 justices are considered a bit of a tossup.
- What to watch: A win by Aereo could lead to a pricing war in the pay-TV industry (CHTR, TWC, CVC, DISH, DTV) due to the low monthly fee ($8-$12/month) it charges to customers. A thriving Aereo could also prompt one of the major providers to unbundle its network packages to move to a la carte pricing. Content providers (DISCA, AMCX, VIAB, SNI, TWX, CRWN,MSG) will be watching the developments closely.
Fri, Apr. 11, 5:37 PM
Mon, Mar. 24, 8:28 AM
- Shares of Comcast (CMCSA) move higher in early trading after a report breaks on advanced talks the company is having with Apple on a streaming TV service.
- Speculation on a Comcast-Apple partnership for an over-the-top video service has been blowing in the wind for quite a while with Apple needing a managed service to deliver an online TV product. Analysts think if deal talks stall, it will be over which companies retains the most control over the customer relationship with the new service.
- Sony (SNE) is the company which has made the boldest move toward an online TV service and will be watching the Apple-Comcast flirtation closely.
- The development could also have some bearing on TV networks (CBS, DIS, AMCX, TWX, FOXA, VIAB, DISCA, MSG, SNI, CRWN) which could benefit if Apple comes knocking on their doors for rights to popular channels.
- CMCSA +1.1% premarket
Fri, Feb. 21, 8:44 AM
Thu, Jan. 2, 1:12 PM
- AMC (AMCX) rode hit shows Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead to a 18% gain in viewers during 2013 as the network surged past a number of networks lacking a water cooler show.
- Animal Planet (DISCA) and the Hallmark Channel (CRWN) were two other networks which saw viewership grow at a double-digit clip for the year.
- Two of the biggest losers for the year were election-deprived Fox News (FOXA), down 13%, and ABC Family (DIS) which lost 11% of its total audience from a year ago.
Aug. 23, 2013, 5:30 PM
Jul. 11, 2013, 5:30 PM
Jun. 25, 2013, 12:45 PM
Feb. 22, 2013, 9:13 AM
Jan. 2, 2013, 4:29 AMCable TV and broadcasting companies have agreed to extend various contracts that expired at the year-end, with Viacom (VIA) keeping its channels on Cablevision (CVC) and Disney (DIS) signing a carriage deal with Charter (CHTR). Time Warner Cable (TWC) is temporarily keeping channels it threatened to drop, including AMC Networks' (AMCX) IFC and WE tv. TWC is also retaining Crown's (CRWN) Hallmark. | Comment!
CRWN vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR