Tue, May 19, 4:46 PM
- Confirming last week's Reuters report, Computer Sciences (NYSE:CSC) announces (in tandem with its FQ4 report) it plans to split its commercial IT services and U.S. public sector ops into separate, publicly-traded, companies. The former had FY15 revenue of $8.1B, and the latter revenue of $4.1B.
- The split, like CSC's $10.50/share special dividend, is expected to occur by the end of October.
- CSC is guiding for FY16 (ends March '15) EPS from continuing ops of $4.75-$5.05, favorable to a $4.80 consensus at a $4.90 midpoint.
- FQ4 revenue fell 12.6% Y/Y in actual dollars, and 8% in constant currency. Global business solutions revenue -14.9% Y/Y to $980M; global infrastructure services -20.8% to $929M; North American public sector -0.4% to $1B.
- $224M was spent to buy back 3.2M shares in FQ4. FY15 free cash flow totaled $717M, +4% Y/Y.
- CSC has risen to $71.00 AH.
- FQ4 results, PR
Tue, May 19, 4:17 PM| Comment!
Mon, May 18, 5:35 PM
Mon, Feb. 9, 4:44 PM
- Computer Sciences' (NYSE:CSC) Global Business Services revenue fell 8.5% in constant currency to $965M. Sales were hurt by "the ongoing repositioning of the consulting business and contract completions, partially offset by growth in big data and applications modernization."
- Global Infrastructure Services revenue fell 10.9% in constant currency to $984M. "Price-downs, restructurings, and contract completions" took a toll, while "growth in cloud and other next-generation offerings" partially offset.
- North American Public Sector revenue was relatively healthy, rising 0.8% to $998M. CSC states "Growth from infrastructure services, business process outsourcing at civil agencies, and healthcare applications offset declines from Department of Defense contracts."
- Cost controls drove the EPS beat: Op. margin rose 80 bps Y/Y to 11.3%. Free cash flow was $498M, +54% Y/Y and exceeding net income of $271M. Just $9M was spent on buybacks.
- Shares are down to $62.00 AH. FQ3 results, PR.
Mon, Feb. 9, 4:20 PM| Comment!
Sun, Feb. 8, 5:35 PM
Mon, Feb. 2, 1:45 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 5:51 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 4:40 PM| Comment!
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ACET, AEL, AGO, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, ANAC, ANET, APEI, ARC, AUQ, BBRG, BCEI, BEBE, BNFT, BPZ, BRKR, BRS, CFN, CLVS, CPST, CSC, CVT, DAR, DIOD, DIS, DVA, DXCM, EAC, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ED, EGOV, ELON, ENOC, ENV, EVC, EZPW, FF, FI, FICO, FIVN, FNGN, FSLR, FTEK, FWM, FXCM, GST, GXP, HCI, HGR, HNSN, HPTX, HTGC, IGT, INFI, JJSF, KING, KOG, KTOS, LGF, LNT, LOCO, MATX, MDRX, MDVN, MITK, MM, MNST, MNTX, MRC, MSCC, MTD, NES, NFG, NKTR, NOG, NU, NVDA, NVDQ, OLED, ONTY, PCTY, PFMT, PRO, PSEC, PSIX, QTWO, RBCN, RENT, RIG, ROVI, RPTP, RRMS, RSYS, RXN, SAPE, SF, SFM, SLXP, SPPI, SSTK, SWKS, TCRD, TKMR, TRMR, TRNX, TUMI, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, VOLC, VRNS, VVC, WAGE, WIFI, XOMA, XOXO, YUME, ZGNX, ZNGA
Aug. 7, 2014, 7:12 PM
- Following its FQ1 beat, CSC is still targeting FY15 (ends March' 15) EPS from continuing ops of $4.35-$4.55; consensus is at $4.49.
- Global business services revenue -3% Y/Y in FQ1 to $1.09B, with $1.2B in contract awards Global infrastructure services +1% to $1.13B, with $1.2B in contract awards. North American public sector -3% to $1.02B, with only $300M in contract awards.
- Op. margin fell to 7.7% from 8.3% a year ago. Free cash flow was $70M, below net income of $146M. $148M was spent on buybacks.
- CSC has also announced it's expanding an existing partnership with IBM, with a focus on providing new cloud, mobile, and big data/analytics offerings. Among other things, CSC will create a "center of excellence" for IBM offerings, and integrate its ServiceMesh Agility cloud management platform with Big Blue's SoftLayer cloud infrastructure (IaaS) platform.
- FQ1 results, PR
Aug. 7, 2014, 4:26 PM| Comment!
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, ALJ, ALNY, AMRN, AMRS, ANAC, ANET, ASYS, ATLS, AUQ, BCEI, BCOR, BIOL, BNFT, BNNY, BOFI, BPZ, CARA, CBS, CENT, CFN, CLNE, CLVS, CPST, CSC, CUBE, CVT, DAR, DIOD, DMD, DV, EAC, EBS, ECPG, ED, EGOV, ELX, ENOC, FF, FI, FRT, FWM, FXCM, GHDX, GST, GXP, HGR, HTGC, IRG, KTOS, LGF, MASI, MDVN, MED, MELI, MNST, NES, NFG, NOG, NVDA, NWSA, OLED, OPLK, PFMT, PODD, PRO, PSIX, QTWO, RATE, RBCN, RENT, RPTP, RRMS, SCTY, SEM, SFM, SHOR, SLXP, SPPI, SSTK, TEAR, TRNX, TRUE, TUMI, UBNT, UNXL, VOLC, VVUS, WIFI, XOMA, ZNGA,
May 8, 2014, 5:33 PM
- Along with its FQ4 results, Computer Sciences (CSC) announces it's hiking its quarterly dividend by 15% to $0.23/share (1.6% forward yield), and authorizing a new $1.5B buyback (good for repurchasing 18% of shares at current levels).
- CSC expects EPS from continuing ops of $4.35-$4.45 in FY15 (ends March '15), in-line with a $4.43 consensus.
- Global business services revenue -4% Y/Y in FQ4 to $1.18B, global infrastructure services flat at $1.19B, North American public sector -11% to $1.00B. Contract awards rose to $4.3B from $3B a year ago.
- FQ4 free cash flow was $288M, above income from continuing ops of $179M. Op. margin rose to 10.8% from 9.8% in FQ3 and 5.9% a year ago. $151M was spent on buybacks.
- Shares are nearly unchanged AH for now. FQ4 results, PR
May 8, 2014, 4:29 PM| Comment!
May 7, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ACET, ADEP, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, ALNY, AMRS, APEI, AREX, ATHX, AUQ, BCEI, BEBE, BIOS, BPZ, BRKS, CBS, CLNE, CLVS, CPE, CSC, CUTR, DAR, DEPO, DIOD, DMD, DVR, EAC, EBS, ECPG, ED, ELON, ENOC, ENV, EVC, FF, FRT, FUEL, FXEN, GCAP, GRUB, GXP, JAZZ, JCOM, JMBA, KRO, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MNST, MNTX, MTD, NES, NFG, NOG, NUAN, NVDA, OLED, ORA, PAAS, PFMT, PPO, PXLW, QTWO, RPTP, SF, SGMS, SLW, SLXP, SPPI, SSRI, SSTK, SYMC, TNGO, TUES, TUMI, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WIFI, XNPT, ZGNX.
CSC vs. ETF Alternatives
Computer Sciences Corp provides information technology (IT) and professional services and solutions. The Company's reportable segments are Global Business Services (GBS), Global Infrastructure Services (GIS), and North American Public Sector (NPS).
Other News & PR