Wed, Feb. 11, 4:20 PM
- Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) uses its FQ2 report to state it's upping its quarterly dividend by $0.02 to $0.21/share; that's good for a 3.1% yield at current levels. The next dividend will be paid on April 22 to shareholders on record as of the April 2 close.
- With the help of favorable comps - sales declined sharply a year ago - product revenue rose 8% Y/Y in FQ2 to $9.08B, a marked improvement from FQ1's flat growth and driving the revenue beat. Services revenue rose 5% to $2.86B.
- Gross margin was 61.7%, down from 63.3% in FQ1 but up from 61.3% a year ago, and in-line with guidance of 61%-62%. GAAP operating expenses rose 4% to $4.47B; R&D totaled $1.53B, sales/marketing $2.31B, and G&A $490M.
- $1.2B was spent on buybacks, up from FQ1's $1B. CC at 4:30PM ET, guidance should be provided.
- CSCO +1.5% AH to $27.31.
- FQ2 results, PR.
Dec. 18, 2014, 7:24 AM
Aug. 27, 2014, 11:03 AM
Jun. 23, 2014, 6:16 AM
Feb. 12, 2014, 4:29 PM
- Cisco (CSCO) uses its FQ2 report to announce a $0.02/share increase in its quarterly dividend to $0.19/share. Shares now sport a 3.3% yield.
- Cisco, which added $15B to its buyback three months ago, also says it bought back $4B worth of shares (over 3% of outstanding shares) in FQ2 at an average price of $21.73. $2B was spent on buybacks in FQ1, and $1.2B in FQ4.
- Product revenue (drives future services revenue) fell 11% Y/Y to $8.4B Services revenue rose 3% to $2.7B and contributed to the revenue beat.
- Gross margin was 61.3%, -100 bps but in-line with guidance of 61%-62%. Job cuts led opex to fall 6% Y/Y to $4.28B.
- CSCO -0.4% AH. CC at 4:30PM ET, guidance should be provided.
- FQ2 results, PR
Dec. 17, 2013, 4:18 PM
Sep. 3, 2013, 4:41 PM
Jun. 4, 2013, 7:54 AM
Nov. 15, 2012, 5:46 PM
CSCO vs. ETF Alternatives
Cisco Systems Inc is engaged in designing, manufacturing and selling of Internet Protocol (IP) based networking products and services related to the communications and information technology (IT) industry.
Other News & PR