Wed, Jun. 10, 12:44 PM
- The Market Vectors Global Spin-Off ETF (Pending:SPUN) seeks to benefit from the long-term potential of corporate spin-offs to unlock shareholder value.
- “These companies typically are exposed to selling pressure in the short term and gain flexibility to create fundamental improvements to their business models in the longer term. We believe this creates a compelling investment opportunity for investors looking to exploit the spin-off cycle" said Brandon Rakszawski, Product Manager at Van Eck Global, in a press release.
- Other spin-off ETFs: CSD, GDL
Wed, Mar. 25, 2:45 PM| Wed, Mar. 25, 2:45 PM | Comment!
Sep. 17, 2014, 1:20 PM
- The Stock Split Index Fund (NYSE:TOFR) began trading yesterday, marking a break from United States Commodity Funds' historical focus on commodity ETFs.
- TOFR seeks to capture the price appreciation that can follow stock splits, using the 2 for 1 Index.
- "Investors and investment professionals have both been taught that stock splits really shouldn't impact a stock's performance, but there has been a lot of material published that demonstrates that stock splits, do in fact, matter" stated John Hyland in a press release.
- Other alternative
- Other ETFs invested in company changes: CSD, NFO, RYJ, KNOW, MNA, CSMA, MRGR, ALTL, CSMB
Jun. 1, 2013, 9:15 AMSpinoffs continue to live up to their reputation for market-beating returns with the Bloomberg Spin-Off Index up 60% Y/Y. Sifting through this year's large class, Barron's likes CST Brands (CST, also liked by SA Pro's Daniel Phillips), and Blackhawk Network (HAWK). Another oft-profitable play is buying the parent before the spinoff, and Ingersoll-Rand (IR) - ahead of its security business divestment - may fit the bill. There's also the Guggenheim Spin-Off ETF (CSD) which has consistently beaten the SPY since its inception more than 6 years ago. | Jun. 1, 2013, 9:15 AM | 2 Comments
Jan. 1, 2013, 12:20 PM
CSD vs. ETF Alternatives
The Guggenheim/Beacon Spin-Off ETF (the “Fund”) seeks investment results that correspond generally to the performance, before the Fund’s fees and expenses, of an equity index called the Beacon Spin-off Index (the “Spin-off Index” or “Index”). The Fund will normally invest at least 90% of its total assets in common stock, American depositary receipts ("ADRs") and master limited partnerships ("MLPs") that comprise the Index. Guggenheim Advisors, LLC (the “Investment Adviser”) seeks a correlation over time of 0.95 or better between the Fund’s performance and the performance of the Index. A figure of 1.00 would represent perfect correlation. The Fund, using a low cost “passive” or “indexing” investment approach, seeks to replicate, before fees and expenses, the performance of the Spin-off Index. The Spin-off Index is comprised of approximately 40 stocks selected, based on investment and other criteria, from a broad universe of U.S.-traded stocks, ADRs and MLPs. The universe of companies eligible for inclusion in the Index includes companies that have been spun-off within the past two years (but not more recently than six months prior to the applicable rebalancing date), without limitations on market capitalization (including micro-cap securities), but which are primarily small- and mid-cap companies with capitalizations under $10 billion. Beacon Indexes LLC (“Beacon” or the “Index Provider”) defines a spin-off company as any company resulting from either of the following events: a spin-off distribution of stock of a subsidiary company by its parent company to parent company shareholders or equity “carve-outs” or “partial initial public offerings” in which a parent company sells a percentage of the equity of a subsidiary to public shareholders.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
Other News & PR