CSS Industries: Cash-Heavy, Debt-Free And Below Book, This Company Deserves Attention In An Expensive Market
- The recent decline in the share price of CSS Industries provides risk averse investors a substantial opportunity in an expensive market.
- The company carries no debt and nearly half of its market capitalization is in cash.
- The company is in the process of repositioning its assets, having divested unprofitable segments and making complimentary acquisitions.
- Because of this cheap valuation, investors are positioned to benefit in the near term through multiple potential catalysts including a special dividend or take-private.
- In the long term, investors can expect earnings growth as the company puts cash to work and repositions assets.