CSX: Well-Prepared To Benefit From The Rising Demand Trend
- CSX was able to generate $3.2 billion revenue during the second quarter of the fiscal year 2014, an increase of 7% on the back of solid volume growth.
- The company was able to achieve promising growth on the back of economic momentum in majority of the markets and a shift in the energy markets.
- The company’s operating margin of 30.73% experienced a minor dip while net margin was down by 80 basis points to 16.31%.
- CSX is working on expanding intermodal business by increasing service offerings and undertaking strategic investments. Planned investment in two terminals during 2014 will increase annual lift capacity by 350,000.
- Based on the positive economic environment combined with the company’s strategic investments, CSX is in a good position to exploit the opportunities that are coming its way.