Tue, Apr. 14, 5:36 PM
Tue, Apr. 14, 4:13 PM
- CSX (NYSE:CSX) reports it grew operating income by 14% in Q1 as growth across markets offset the impact of a strong U.S. dollar and lower fuel recoveries.
- Total merchandise volume was up 2% during the quarter to 690K units.
- Coal volume -1% to 289K units.
- Intermodal volume +1% to 655K units.
- Operating ratio +330 bps to 72.2%.
- A new $2B share repurchase program has been approved.
- Previously: CSX beats by $0.01, misses on revenue
- CSX +4.3% after hours.
Tue, Apr. 14, 4:03 PM
Mon, Apr. 13, 5:39 PM
Mon, Mar. 23, 10:02 AM
- Weak guidance from Kansas City Southern is taking down some peers on fears of a drop in energy segment revenue.
- There is also concern in the sector on tighter regulations after an increase in accidents.
- Previously: Kansas City Southern lowers 2015 revenue outlook (Mar. 23 2015)
- Decliners: Union Pacific (NYSE:UNP) -2.0%, Norfolk Southern (NYSE:NSC) -1.1%, Genesee & Wyoming (NYSE:GWR) -1.0%, CSX (NYSE:CSX) -1.2%, Canadian Pacific (NYSE:CP) -1.4%, Canadian National Railway (NYSE:CRI) -1.0%.
Tue, Jan. 13, 4:48 PM
- CSX (NYSE:CSX) says it saw strong growth rates for coal, intermodal, and merchandise in Q4.
- The quarter was strong enough to propel CSX to all-time annual revenue mark of $12.7B.
- Operating ratio +140 bps to 71.8% in Q4.
- Guidance: CSX expects double-digit EPS and margin expansion in 2015.
- CSX +1.01% after-hours.
- Previously: CSX EPS in-line, beats on revenue
Dec. 8, 2014, 3:20 PM
- Another tough day for railroad stocks as oil prices slide again.
- There's been some brave talk that the railroad sector has already seen the developments in the oil industry factored into share prices, but today's action indicates concerns on crude transport is still a concern.
- Decliners: Canadian Pacific (NYSE:CP) -5.5%, Canadian National Railway (NYSE:CNI) -1.7%, Genesee & Wyoming (NYSE:GWR) -2.9%, Kansas City Southern (NYSE:KSU) -2.7%, Union Pacific (NYSE:UNP) -3.1%, CSX Corporation (NYSE:CSX) -2.8%, Norfolk Southern (NYSE:NSC) -3.5%, Pioneer Railcorp (OTCPK:PRRR) -4.3%.
Dec. 4, 2014, 8:58 AM
Nov. 28, 2014, 12:05 PM
Nov. 21, 2014, 5:38 PM
Nov. 7, 2014, 8:46 AM
- Norfolk Southern (NYSE:NSC) +3.5% premarket after Bill Ackman said Canadian Pacific Railway (NYSE:CP) might be interested in a rival to one-time target CSX.
- While Ackman did not name NSC in his comments yesterday, he appeared to have the company in mind by describing his takeover candidate in relation to CSX, as the two carriers go head-to-head in the U.S. east of the Mississippi River.
- “I think something happens,” Ackman said, noting that CP CEO Hunter Harrison believes "pro-competitive" railroad mergers will be permitted by regulators.
Oct. 14, 2014, 4:08 PM
Oct. 13, 2014, 10:08 AM
- There's some bets being placed on M&A activity within the railroad sector after a weekend report of interest by Canadian Pacific in CSX (CSX +12.6%) stirs the pot.
- Gainers: Norfolk Southern (NYSE:NSC) +5.1%, Kansas City Southern (NYSE:KSU) +4.2%, Canadian Pacific (NYSE:CP) +3.2%, Union Pacific (NYSE:UNP) +1.0%, Canadian National Railway (NYSE:CNI) +1.3%.
Oct. 13, 2014, 9:15 AM
Oct. 13, 2014, 7:45 AM
Apr. 15, 2014, 4:10 PM
CSX vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR