CSX Earnings: Volumes Up But Revenue Per Unit Remains Sluggish
- CSX Corporation improved its performance over the course of the 3rd quarter for the year 2014; the firm recently rebuffed a takeover bid from Canadian Pacific Railway Limited.
- The company posted record performance in terms of revenue, operating income, net income and earnings per share.
- CSX has taken advantage of the boom in the US energy sector and has ridden the wave of economic recovery and industrial growth.
- CSX also showed efficiency in controlling expenses after weather disruptions earlier in the year.
- CSX does represent a worthwhile investment for both short and long term investors.