Wed, Apr. 1, 8:59 AM
- Cellceutix (OTCPK:CTIX) secures a stock purchase agreement with Aspire Capital Fund, LLC under which it has committed to buy up to $30M of CTIX common stock over the next three years at market prices. The timing of the purchases is at the sole discretion of Cellceutix.
- Aspire previously provided the company with $30M in equity capital in two similar transactions.
Tue, Jan. 20, 1:11 PM
- Micro cap Cellceutix (OTCPK:CTIX +17.8%) jumps on a 2x surge in volume in response to its announcement of the complete disappearance of a metastatic lesion in the spleen of a Stage 4 ovarian cancer patient who was enrolled in the company's Phase 1 study of Kevetrin. The patient completed three cycles of treatment (three doses per cycle) before discontinuing the trial. Scans of the spleen showed the lesion to be essentially undetectable and the patient's disease clinically stable. The clinical trial is ongoing.
- Kevetrin is a small molecule drug that induces the activation of p53, a tumor suppressor protein often referred to as the "Guardian Angel Gene" because of its prominent role in controlling cell mutations.
Dec. 29, 2014, 7:28 AM
Dec. 8, 2014, 1:23 PM
- Micro cap Cellceutix (OTCPK:CTIX +22.1%) jumps on a 5x surge in volume after the FDA grants Qualified Infectious Disease Product (QIDP) status to Brilacidin for the treatment of Acute Bacterial Skin and Skin Structure Infections (ABSSSI). The company is scheduled to meet with the FDA later this month on a planned Phase 3 trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of Brilacidin for ABSSSI.
- Brilacidin is a member of a new class of antibiotics called defensin-mimetics, which are modeled after host defense proteins. These are the "front line" of defense in the human immune system.
- In a Phase 2b clinical trial, a single dose of Brilacidin demonstrated equivalent effectiveness as a seven-day regimen of daptomycin (CBST +35.4%) for the treatment of ABSSSI.
- Among the benefits of QIDP is Fast Track and Priority Review status and a five-year period of market exclusivity if approved.
Oct. 13, 2014, 10:31 AM
- The IND for Cellceutix's (OTCQB:CTIX +2.3%) Brilacidin-OM is now effective which clears the way for a Phase 2 trial in patients with oral mucositis.
- MD Anderson Cancer Center signs on as a clinical trial site.
- Oral mucositis is a cancer therapy side effect that afflicts ~500K head and neck cancer patients. There are currently no drugs approved in the U.S. for the indication.
Aug. 19, 2014, 9:45 AM
- Cellceutix (OTCQB:CTIX) completes enrollment of 215 subjects in its Phase 2b clinical trial comparing Brilacidin to Cubicin (daptomycin) in patients with acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI). The company expects data to be available in Q4.
- Brilacidin is a defensin-mimetic antibiotic. This new class of drug kills bacteria in the same manner as the human immune system.
- Related ticker: (CBST +0.2%)
Jul. 14, 2014, 8:18 AM
- Cellceutix Corp. (OTCMKTS:CTIX) develops a new formulation of its lead antibiotic Brilacidin that is stable at room temperature. This enables the company to move forward with its plans to develop the defensin-mimetic antibiotic as a treatment for diabetic foot ulcers and ophthalmic and otitis media indications.
Jul. 7, 2014, 8:11 AM| 13 Comments
Sep. 16, 2013, 8:08 AM
- Cellceutix Corporation (CTIX.OB) says it will "immediately advance" Brilacidin — the defensin-mimetic antibiotic acquired in the recent deal for PolyMedix — to a Phase 2b clinical trial for acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections.
- The company also says the compound may be effective for oral mucositis and as such, CTIX plans to finalize an IND and pursue an orphan designation for the treatment.
- Ultimately, the company sees quite a few exciting opportunities for the assets acquired from PolyMedix: "We believe we hit a home run with the PolyMedix acquisition, especially as it pertains to Brilacidin. The reality of owning these assets is now beginning to set in." (PR)
- More on Brilacidin here
CTIX vs. ETF Alternatives
An early stage developmental biopharmaceutical company...with six pharmaceutical compound candidates that are designed for treatment of diseases which may be either existing or diseases identified in the future. The Company will initially spend most of its efforts and resources on its... More
Other News & PR