- Two small biotechnology companies are pioneering efforts into treating patients with spinal-cord injury.
- Neuralstem’s approach is to use human spinal cord stem cells injected directly around the site of injury in chronic patients.
- InVivo’s approach involves using a biocompatible scaffolding has been designed to stabilize the spinal cord immediately following injury, as well as protect the existing tissue from further injury.
- We believe both companies have tremendous upside pending the results of their respective Phase 1 trials.
- Below we provide a quick background on SCI and touch briefly on each company and their technology.