Wed, Feb. 18, 9:15 AM
Tue, Feb. 17, 6:25 PM
- Cenovus Energy (NYSE:CVE) -4.9% AH Cenovus Energy on news it entered into a bought-deal financing agreement to sell 67.5M common shares at $22.25/share.
- CVE says the net proceeds of the offering, combined with its $3B of undrawn committed credit lines, will result in a stronger balance sheet and financial flexibility to help fund its planned $1.8B-$2B 2015 capex program.
- CVE says it will continue expansion projects already under way at its core Foster Creek and Christina Lake projects in Alberta’s oil sands, and expects to produce up to 212K bbl/day of oil in 2015, up from 203K last year and 179K in 2013.
Oct. 23, 2014, 10:54 AM
- Cenovus Energy (CVE +6.1%) opens strong after Q3 earnings slip 4% but beat expectations, and cash flow climbed 6% on higher oil sands production and stronger natural gas prices.
- CVE says cash flow reached C$985M (US$876M), or C$1.30/share, but the improvement was partly offset by weaker crude prices and lower refined product output.
- Refining operating cash flow fell 53% due to an unplanned coker outage in July at its Borger refinery in Texas and a planned turnaround at the Wood River refinery in Illinois; CVE owns a 50% stake in the two U.S. refineries operated by Phillips 66 (NYSE:PSX).
- CVE, which co-owns the Foster Creek and Christina Lake oil sands projects with ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP), says its total oil production rose 13% to ~199K bbl/day, driven by a 23% jump in oil sands production to ~125K bbl/day.
Jul. 30, 2014, 9:44 AM
- Cenovus Energy (CVE +2.6%) opens higher after its Q2 earnings more than tripled, helped by increased production at its Christina Lake oil sands project in Alberta.
- CVE's Q2 oil sands production averaged nearly 125K bbl/day, with Christina Lake up 77% to 68K bbl/day following completion of another phase of development.
- Total oil production rose 18% to 201,688 bbl/day; natural gas production fell 5% in the quarter.
- Cash flow of C$1.19B ($1.57/share) was 37% higher than a year earlier, fueled by higher oil sands production and improved commodity prices.
Aug. 16, 2013, 10:33 AM
- Warren Buffett’s new 17.7M-share stake in Suncor (SU +1.7%) could spark investor interest in the battered stocks of Canadian oil sands companies, analysts say.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ), Cenovus Energy (CVE) and Imperial Oil (IMO) - with "scale and access to market and cost discipline" - may get a second look from investors as Wall Street reviews oil and gas plays beyond prolific shale plays in their own backyard.
- SU produced a record 390K bbl/day in July, and its "new normal" would see output shoot up to 420K, First Energy Capital says.
- SU is trading at some of the lowest cash flow multiples and, at 80 years, has one of the longest reserve lives in its peer group.
Jul. 24, 2013, 10:32 AMCenovus (CVE -4%) shares slide after its Q2 misses estimates by a wide margin and the company says 2013 operating costs will be higher than forecast in previous guidance. Total oil output was up 10% Y/Y, but CVE recorded a $57M expense related to the sale of its Shaunavon light oil assets. Guidance on operating costs at its oilsands operations jumps to $3-$3.30/bbl vs. $2.70-$3 earlier. | Comment!
Apr. 25, 2013, 10:56 AMCenovus Energy (CVE +2.4%) CEO Brian Ferguson says Canada’s second-largest oil producer plans to step up shipments to refineries on the Gulf of Mexico regardless of whether the U.S. approves the Keystone pipeline. CVE expects to export 150K bbl/day to the Gulf mostly through Keystone and two other pipelines, is increasing the use of rail, and is even mulling tanker shipments. | Comment!
Apr. 24, 2013, 3:46 PMCenovus Energy (CVE +2%) says the sale of some of its Saskatchewan oil properties put on the block earlier this year has been delayed by a "down draft" in Canada's capital markets. CVE, whose Q1 operating profit beat estimates with a 15% rise, says the smaller companies most likely to buy the assets are finding it difficult to find money to finance the purchase. | Comment!
Feb. 14, 2013, 3:31 PMCenovus Energy (CVE -2.4%) will make a strong show of support for TransCanada's (TRP) plan to ship oil sands-derived crude to eastern Canada in a converted natural gas pipeline when bids for capacity are called, VP Don Swystun says on a conference call after Q4 earnings, "so we will be having a significant participation when that line goes to open season." | 8 Comments
Jan. 24, 2013, 3:59 PMCenovus Energy (CVE +1.5%) CEO Brian Ferguson says it has refining capacity, supply arrangements and hedging contracts in place to deal with 90% of its exposure to deeply discounted Canadian heavy crude oil prices this year. CVE and JV partner Phillips 66 also are working on ways to "debottleneck" the 362K bbl/day Wood River refinery to increase its capacity to process heavy crude by 5%-10%. | Comment!
Oct. 2, 2012, 3:26 PM
Jul. 25, 2012, 11:17 AMCenovus Energy (CVE -2.7%) slips after its Q2 EPS missed estimates this morning, as cash flow fell slightly on lower commodity prices. Total oil production averaged more than 155,000 bbls/d during the quarter, a 28% increase compared with the same period a year earlier. Capital investment jumped 39% Y/Y to $660M. as the company expands development at its Narrows Lake oil sands project, which is expected to have a gross production capacity of 130,000 bbls/d once on line. | Comment!
Dec. 7, 2011, 1:40 PM
Oct. 7, 2011, 3:58 PM
CVE vs. ETF Alternatives
Cenovus Energy Inc is an integrated oil company. The Company is in the business of developing, producing and marketing crude oil, NGLs and natural gas in Canada with refining operations in the United States.
Other News & PR