Wed, Jan. 28, 7:46 AM| Comment!
Tue, Jan. 27, 5:30 PM| 1 Comment
Oct. 28, 2014, 7:35 AM| Comment!
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACI, AET, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AME, AMTD, AN, AXE, BP, CAS, CIT, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DIN, ECL, ENTG, FCX, FDP, FLWS, FMER, GLPI, GLW, HCA, HMC, HOT, HRS, ICON, IIVI, IPGP, LH, MDSO, MLM, MMC, MSM, MSO, MWV, NBL, NCI, NVS, PCAR, PCG, PES, PFE, PH, POR, RDWR, SAIA, SAVE, SCHN, SCOR, SHW, SIRI, SNCR, ST, SYRG, TECH, TKR, TRW, TTS, TWI, UBS, UTHR, VDSI, VRTS, VSH, WAB, WHR, XYL
Jul. 29, 2014, 7:41 AM| Comment!
Jul. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACI, AET, AGCO, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, AMAG, AMG, ARW, AUDC, AVX, AXE, BP, CARB, CAS, CNX, CPLA, CRS, CVLT, CYNO, DIN, DSX, ECL, ENTG, ETN, ETR, FDP, FIS, FSS, GLT, GLW, GNC, GTI, HCA, HMC, HRS, HW, ICON, IP, IPGP, ITW, KLIC, LVLT, MDC, MDSO, MDXG, MHFI, MLM, MMC, MRK, MSO, NCI, NEE, NLSN, NMM, NOV, NYT, OSK, PCAR, PFE, POR, RAI, RYN, SAVE, SIRI, SNCR, ST, TLM, TRW, UAM, UBS, UBSI, UDR, UPS, UTHR, VSH, WDR, WM, WYNN, XYL, YNDX
Apr. 25, 2014, 10:00 AM
- Fiscal Q4:
- Total revenues: $156.8M (+13%), Software: $79M (+10%), Services: $77.8M (+18%).
- EBIT: $24.9M (+14%).
- Net income: $15.7M (-7.6%)
- CF Ops: $39.9M (-7%).
- 775K shares repurchased for $50M.
- Fiscal 2014:
- Total revenues: $586.3M (+18%), Software: $294.4M (+17%), Services: $291.9M (+19%).
- EBIT: $100.4M (+24%).
- Net income: $64.1M (+20.5%).
- CF Ops: $119.1M (+6%).
- (CVLT -27.7%)
Apr. 25, 2014, 7:42 AM| Comment!
Apr. 25, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jan. 29, 2014, 2:42 PM
- Though it beat FQ3 estimates, CommVault (CVLT -8.9%) noted on its FQ4 CC (transcript) a recent survey "indicates a slower start to 2014."
- The company also mentioned there are "execution risks" related to its All Things Data strategy, through which the storage backup/recovery software vendor plans to expand into a slew of adjacent storage software markets, including replication, mobile file-sharing, archiving, infrastructure analytics, and health care storage software.
- CommVault adds it still considers FY14 (ends in March) analyst estimates to be "reasonable," and predicts it will see "solid double-digit revenue and EBIT growth" in FY15. The company's FY15 revenue consensus already calls for 15.7% growth.
- Software revenue (drives future services revenue) rose 20% Y/Y in FQ3, even with total revenue growth. CommVault's deferred revenue balance rose 19% Y/Y to $192.8M.
Jan. 29, 2014, 7:43 AM| Comment!
Jan. 29, 2014, 12:05 AM
Jan. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 29, 2013, 1:31 PM
- Though CommVault (CVLT -5.5%) beat FQ2 estimates and said it's comfortable with FY14 (ends March '14) consensus estimates, the storage software vendor's deferred revenue balance only totaled $157.1M at quarter's end. That's up just 3% Y/Y (compares with rev. growth of 20%), and is fueling concerns about a growth slowdown.
- With shares trading at 48x FY14E EPS going into the report, there wasn't much margin for error. EMC and Symantec have already posted weaker-than-expected top-line numbers for the Sep. quarter.
- Outside of the deferred revenue figure, FQ2 numbers were solid. Software revenue +20% Y/Y to $70.8M, services revenue +21% to $71M. Both growth rates matched FQ1 levels.
- $47.2M has been added to CommVault's buyback program, raising its total authorization to $150M. No buybacks took place in FQ2.
- Sales/marketing spend rose 20% Y/Y to $67.1M. R&D spend rose 17%, but only amounted to $13.3M (9% of revenue).
- Piper is defending CommVault, arguing any near-term weakness is due to deal timings.
Oct. 29, 2013, 7:54 AM| Comment!
CVLT vs. ETF Alternatives
CommVault Systems Inc is a provider of data and information management software applications and related services. It develops, markets and sells a suite of software applications and services, primarily in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia.
Other News & PR