Thu, Jul. 30, 8:32 AM
Wed, Jul. 29, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, AB, ACI, ACIW, ACOR, ACRE, ADP, ALKS, ALLE, ALU, ALXN, AMRC, APD, AVP, AWI, AZN, BC, BCO, BG, BLL, BUD, BWA, BWEN, CAH, CBB, CBM, CBR, CCE, CCJ, CEVA, CI, CL, CME, COP, COT, CPN, CRL, CRR, CRS, CSH, CVE, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DCIX, DFT, DLPH, EDR, EME, ENTG, EPD, ERJ, ESI, EXLS, FCAU, FCN, FIG, FMS, GG, GHM, GLOP, GLPI, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GVA, HEES, HOT, HP, HST, I, IART, IDA, IDCC, IDXX, INGR, IRDM, IRM, IT, ITC, IVZ, KMT, LBY, LINE, LKQ, LLL, MD, MDLZ, MDP, MDXG, MMYT, MOBL, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTRN, MWW, NAVB, NICE, NMM, NNN, NOK, NTCT, ODFL, OSK, OXY, PBI, PCRX, PES, PF, PG, PNK, PNW, POT, PRFT, PWE, RDS.A, RFP, RTIX, RYAM, RYL, SC, SCG, SEE, SHOO, SHOP, SMP, SNE, SNMX, SSYS, SUI, SWK, TASR, TDY, TE, TEX, TFX, TKR, TMUS, TWC, TWI, UAN, UFS, UPL, VA, VG, VICL, VLO, VLY, WST, WWE, XEL, XRAY, XYL, YNDX, ZBH
Thu, Apr. 30, 8:40 AM
Wed, Apr. 29, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, AB, ABC, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, AMT, ANR, APD, ARG, ARW, AVP, AWI, BCE, BDC, BG, BKCC, BLL, BWA, BZH, CAH, CCE, CDK, CELG, CI, CL, CME, COMM, COP, CRR, CRS, CSH, CTCM, CVI, CVRR, CWEI, CY, DBD, DIN, DLPH, EME, EPD, ERJ, EXLS, FCN, FIS, FMS, FSS, GEO, GG, GLOP, GNC, GNRC, GOV, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HEES, HST, HUN, I, IDA, IMAX, INCY, INGR, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVZ, LBY, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, MD, MGLN, MINI, MLM, MMC, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTRN, MVIS, NBIX, NI, NOK, NTCT, NVO, NYT, OAK, ODFL, OMG, PBI, PCRX, PES, PF, POT, PSX, PSXP, PWE, PWR, RDS.A, RDWR, RGLD, RGS, ROK, RYL, SCG, SEE, SHPG, SMP, SNAK, SNE, SNMX, STM, STRZA, TASR, TDY, TEVA, TFX, THRM, TKR, TWC, TWI, UAN, UFS, UPL, VA, VAC, VGR, VIAB, VLY, VNTV, WRLD, WST, WWE, XEL, XOM, XYL, ZMH
Wed, Mar. 18, 3:24 PM
- Crude oil prices, in the doldrums yet again after U.S. inventories hit record highs for a 10th week and supplies at the futures' Cushing delivery hub hit a peak, turned around to finish higher following the Fed policy statement.
- Nymex crude rose 2.5% to settle at $44.66/bbl, pushing off earlier lows of $42.25 and the lowest intraday level since March 2009; Brent is up 4.5% at nearly $56.
- The gain could prove only a momentary recovery, however, as "speculation is going to grow about operational capacity being hit in Cushing and what that portends for prices,” according to Again Capital John Kilduff, adding that he sees U.S.crude testing $40 soon.
- U.S. refiners are enjoying big gains as the Brent/WTI spread surpasses $11: TSO +5.1%, CLMT +4.7%, CVI +4.8%, HFC +4.6%, MUR +4.5%, WNR +4.4%, VLO +3.9%, RDS.A +3.9%, CVRR +3.7%, MPC +3.3%, PSX +3.2%, ALJ +3.2%.
- ETFs: USO, OIL, UCO, SCO, BNO, DTO, DBO, UWTI, USL, DWTI, DNO, SZO, OLO, TWTI, OLEM
Thu, Feb. 19, 8:38 AM
Wed, Feb. 18, 5:30 PM| Wed, Feb. 18, 5:30 PM | 7 Comments
Sat, Jan. 10, 8:25 AM
- Kinder Morgan (NYSE:KMI) tops Credit Suisse's list of its nine favorite energy and utility stocks to own for 2015, believing KMI’s recent MLP acquisitions will lower the company’s cost of capital and open the door for double-digit dividend growth and additional potential acquisitions.
- Noble Corp. (NYSE:NE) is the top pick among offshore drillers, despite the fact that analysts don’t believe the inflection point in the drilling down-cycle is coming until at least 2016; fulfilling the firm's $30 price target would mean nearly 90% upside.
- Also recommended: SUNE, EXC, RDS.A, RDS.B, TSO, DVN, PDCE, SLB.
- SandRidge Energy (NYSE:SD) is one of Credit Suisse's five energy and utility stocks to avoid despite an upbeat quarterly report, believing the risk associated with SD’s extremely high leverage likely will lead to significant capex cuts, thus limiting production growth and cash flows.
- The firm also would avoid CVRR, SFY, YGE and SO.
Oct. 30, 2014, 8:33 AM
Oct. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AMAG, AMT, ANR, APD, APO, ATK, AUDC, AVP, BCO, BG, BGCP, BLL, BWA, CAH, CARB, CBM, CEVA, CI, CME, CNSL, COP, COR, CRCM, CRNT, CRR, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DHX, DST, EPD, EXLS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, GBX, GEL, GG, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HEES, HGG, HST, I, IDA, IDCC, INCY, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, IVZ, JCI, K, KCG, KEM, KMT, LAD, LECO, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, LRN, MA, MD, MDC, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MPW, MSCI, MZOR, NEO, NGD, NI, NILE, NOV, NVO, NYT, O, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXF, PBI, PCRX, PEG, Q, RDEN, RDN, RDS.A, RFP, RGLD, RTIX, SCG, SHOO, SMP, SNAK, SPAR, SSE, STRA, STRZA, SUI, TASR, TEVA, THRM, TRI, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAC, VICL, VNTV, WLT, WST, WWE, XEL
Oct. 7, 2014, 3:23 PM
- Amid today's sea of red in stocks, oil refinery names are enjoying gains thanks to a bullish note from Citi analyst Faisel Khan, who upgraded the sector along with some individual refiner stocks, including Phillips 66 (PSX +0.7%) and HollyFrontier (HFC +1%).
- Khan says PSX is positioning itself to become the "premier hydrocarbon logistics provider on the Gulf Coast,” and he sees the refiner's midstream assets generating $2.3B in EBITDA by 2018; Khan upgrades shares to Buy from Neutral.
- HFC also is upgraded to Buy from Neutral by Khan, who thinks HFC’s balance sheet should allow it to pursue various acquisitions and that it has the mechanisms in place to generate $700M-$800M in discretionary cash flow over the next two years.
- Khan also upgraded CVR Refining (CVRR +0.8%) and Alon USA Partners (ALDW +5%) to Buy, raised his price target for Marathon Petroleum (MPC +0.6%) and reiterated his positive outlook for Valero Energy (VLO +1%).
Sep. 3, 2014, 3:57 PM
- CVR Refining (NYSE:CVRR) says its 115K bbl/day Coffeyville, Kan., refinery has resumed normal operations following a fire in late July that led to the plant’s shutdown.
- The resumption of normal operations was within the company’s projected time frame for the restart, CVRR says.
- CVRR also had indicated it would proceed during the repair period with refinery upgrades that originally were scheduled to occur next year, but details of any scheduled maintenance brought forward have not been disclosed.
Aug. 5, 2014, 5:28 PM
- West Texas crude prices tumbled to six-month lows today while Brent fell to the lowest level this year amid speculation that refineries will slow operations, reducing crude demand.
- WTI for Sept. delivery fell $0.91 (0.9%) to close at $97.38/bbl on the New York Merc, the lowest settlement since Feb. 5, while Brent for Sept. settlement fell $0.80 (0.8%) to $104.61/bbl on the ICE Futures, the lowest close since Nov. 7.
- Prices have been falling since the July 31 announcement that CVR Refining's (CVI, CVRR) 115K bbl/day Coffeyville refinery that gets oil from Cushing, Okla., may be offline for most of August after a fire.
- “The loss of $10 in value in six weeks can’t be explained by weak fundamentals alone,” says a broker, adding "Until there’s a major event, prices will be under downward pressure.”
- ETFs: USO, OIL, UCO, SCO, BNO, DTO, DBO, CRUD, USL, UWTI, DWTI, DNO, SZO, OLO, OLEM, TWTI
Jul. 31, 2014, 8:37 AM
Jul. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AGI, ALKS, ALU, AMRC, APA, ASEI, ATK, AVP, AYR, AZN, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BUD, BWA, BZH, CCJ, CDW, CEVA, CHTR, CI, CL, CME, CNSL, COMM, COP, COT, CRCM, CRR, CTCM, CVI, CVRR, DDD, DISCA, DLPH, DTV, ENDP, EPD, EXC, FCH, FCN, FIG, FLY, FRM, GEL, GG, GIL, GLOP, GMT, GNRC, GTLS, H, HGG, HL, HP, HST, IDA, IMN, INCY, IRDM, IRM, ITT, IVZ, K, KMT, LKQ, LLL, LM, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MNTA, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTOR, MWIV, NGD, NI, NJR, NWL, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXY, PCG, PCRX, PES, PNR, PNW, PPL, PRFT, PWR, Q, RFP, RYL, SBH, SC, SCG, SFY, SHOO, SNAK, SNMX, STC, STRA, STRZA, SUP, SWC, TE, TEVA, TKR, TRP, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAK, VG, VICL, VNTV, VRX, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, XRAY
Jul. 29, 2014, 5:59 PM
- CVR Refining (NYSE:CVRR) shut down its 115K bbl/day Coffeyville, Kan., refinery after a fire injured four employees.
- The outage sent prices for petroleum products higher today on concerns that U.S. crude oil demand would fall; the price differences between the refined products and U.S. crude oil rose sharply after falling to multi-month lows last week.
- The crack spreads can roughly indicate how much profit a refinery can make from processing crude oil into gasoline or diesel.
CVRR vs. ETF Alternatives
CVR Refining LP is an independent downstream energy limited partnership with refining & related logistics assets that operates in the mid-continent region. Its business includes a complex full coking medium-sour crude oil refinery in Coffeyville, Kansas.
Other News & PR