- The FDA reporting system shows over 10,000 deaths and injuries were reported as "adverse events" that may be linked to the company's medical device.
- Plagued by Medicare’s decision to deny coverage of its anti-depression device multiple times; the door to the depression space has slammed shut on Cyberonics.
- A false claims complaint filed against Cyberonics poses significant risk if the government takes it further, as we believe it should.
- Exciting, new treatments – even non-invasive ones - threaten the VNS position.
- Difficult-to-treat epilepsy patient base is small. Demand for VNS replacement units is declining.