Thu, Apr. 9, 11:29 AM
- Macau gaming companies continue to consider opportunities outside of the Chinese gambling mecca with other regions forecast to see strong growth.
- Macau Resources Group and Sino Gaming/Macau Group are already in talks with regulators about new casinos in the Philippines, while Caesars Entertainment (CZR -0.2%) is also reportedly interested in the region.
- Singapore, Vietnam, and Japan are all being considered for new long-term projects by various companies.
- Casino stocks with a Macau presence are off and running today, despite more projections on dismal -36% to -40% Y/Y revenue slide for April.
- Turning the spotlight on other Asian markets may be doing the trick.
- Gainers: Wynn Macau (OTCPK:WYNMF, OTCPK:WYNMY) +7.7%, MGM China (OTCPK:MCHVF, OTCPK:MCHVY) Wynn Resorts (NASDAQ:WYNN) +3.9%, Las Vegas Sands (NYSE:LVS) +3.3%, Melco Crown (NASDAQ:MPEL) +3.2%, Galaxy Entertainment (OTCPK:GXYEF) +2.9%, MGM Resorts (NYSE:MGM) +1.6%.
Tue, Mar. 17, 1:11 PM
- The operating arm of Caesars Entertainment (CZR -4.6%) can void a number of deals as part of its bankruptcy.
- The ruling from the judge in the case doesn't allow Caesars to escape some advertising and sponsorship contracts because the parties weren't give enough notice.
- The bankruptcy proceedings have also weighed on Caesars Acquisition Company (CACQ -6.3%) which is a JV involving the parent company.
- Most of the concerns focus on how far a court-appointed examiner can go in looking at transactions Caesars has made prior to the filing.
Tue, Mar. 3, 10:09 AM
- Caesars Entertainment (CZR -5.6%) and Caesars Acquisition Company (CACQ -6%) both trade lower after earnings were reported yesterday.
- Investors don't seem to be dazzled by the cost-savings initiatives stressed by Caesars management and the overall tone during the conference call yesterday.
- A question on if Caesars could raise RevPAR through higher resort fees was met with a "we don't know" response.
- Some growing pains with the Linq complex and new Wheel attraction were also cited during the call.
- Caesars Entertainment earnings call transcript
- Previously: Caesars Acquisition EPS of $0.01 (Mar. 02 2015)
- Previously: Caesars Entertainment EPS of -$6.90 (Mar. 02 2015)
- Previously: Debt load keeps Caesars Entertainment in the red (Mar. 02 2015)
Wed, Jan. 28, 11:16 AM| Comment!
Thu, Jan. 15, 10:17 AM
- Caesars Entertainment (CZR -4.9%) and Caesars Acquisition Company (CACQ -5.3%) are both lower after operating unit Caesars Entertainment Operating Company officially files for bankruptcy.
- A hearing is ongoing in Delaware to see if an involuntary filing case there takes precedence over the company's voluntary filing in Chicago.
- The legal drama doesn't affect the operation of Caesars-owned casinos.
Wed, Jan. 14, 11:57 AM
- Caesars Entertainment (CZR -4.2%) is looking to prevent a hearing in Delaware before it files a bankruptcy plan for its main operating unit.
- The bankruptcy battle pits creditors aiming for a involuntary filing in Delaware against the company with its voluntary filing plans to protect its interests.
- What to watch: Though gaming revenue in Las Vegas has picked up, Caesars remains handcuffed by its debt and legal battles. The gaming operator also has a higher exposure to Atlantic City where traffic remains depressed.
- CZR bankruptcy timeline
Tue, Jan. 13, 6:20 PM
- An attorney for Caesars Entertainment (NASDAQ:CZR) will seek to wrap a legal shield around the company after operating unit Caesars Acquisition Company (NASDAQ:CACQ) files for bankruptcy, according to Reuters.
- The move is already drawing protests from creditors in the case.
- A Delaware judge will have to rule if extending bankruptcy protection to a parent falls within the legal bankruptcy framework.
- CZR -1.35% after-hours.
Tue, Jan. 13, 5:42 PM
Dec. 22, 2014, 9:17 AM
Dec. 17, 2014, 4:23 PM
- Empire Resorts (NASDAQ:NYNY) wins approval from the New York Gaming Facility Location Board to build a casino complex in the Catskills.
- The location will be the closer to New York City to any of the other potential casino sites in the state.
- Genting and Caesars Entertainment (NASDAQ:CZR) were shut out in their bid to build in Orange County, New York.
- NYNY was halted in the regular trading session on a volatility pause amid wild swings. Shares ended up down 10.5%.
Nov. 20, 2014, 9:15 AM
Nov. 20, 2014, 8:38 AM
- Shares of Boyd Gaming (NYSE:BYD) move higher in premarket trading after Caesars Entertainment (NASDAQ:CZR) reportedly sets the wheels in motion to launch a REIT out its largest unit.
- REIT chatter has lifted some casino stocks in the past, although skeptics warn the tangled structure of Caesars isn't something for a buy-and-hold investor to bet on.
- Premarket: BYD +1.2%, CZR +18.2%
- Related stocks: ISLE, FLL, MCRI, PNK, UWN, CNTY.
- Related ETFs: BJK.
Nov. 19, 2014, 5:38 PM
Nov. 19, 2014, 4:37 PM| 11 Comments
Nov. 13, 2014, 12:48 PM
Nov. 12, 2014, 12:45 PM
CZR vs. ETF Alternatives
Caesars Entertainment Corpalong with its subsidiaries is engaged in providing casino-entertainment and hospitality services. Itsfacilities include gaming offerings, food & beverage outlets, hotel & convention space, and non-gaming entertainment options.
Other News & PR