Thu, Feb. 5, 11:01 AM
- Dassault's (OTCPK:DASTY) Q4 revenue rose 23% Y/Y to €694.1M ($791.2M), and its EPS rose 15% to €0.58 ($0.66). A weak euro provided a 3% revenue boost.
- The 3D modeling/simulation software firm is guiding for Q1 revenue of €610M-€620M (15%-17% growth in constant currency) and EPS of €0.38. Full-year guidance is for revenue of €2.7B-€2.72B (11%-12% growth in constant currency) and EPS of €2.04-€2.09.
- Software revenue rose 19% in Q4 to €608.8M, and services/other revenue 57% to €85.3M. New license revenue grew 24%. In constant currency, Americas revenue rose 29%, Europe 17%, and Asia-Pac 16%.
- Operating expenses rose 31% Y/Y to €524.6M, exceeding revenue growth. Sales/marketing spend totaled €203.8M, and R&D €111.6M. 21K new customers were added in 2014; Dassault has 190K+ altogether.
- Shares have jumped to new highs.
- Earnings Release
Oct. 14, 2013, 5:19 PM
- Dassault (DASTY.PK) fell 10.5% in Paris after reporting preliminary Q3 revenue of €496 ($673M, +4% Y/Y exc. forex), below guidance of €520M. EPS fell 1% €0.88 ($1.19). €12M of the shortfall is blamed on deal slippage (particularly in Asia), €4M on weaker-than-expected services revenue, and €8M on a shift among SMB clients towards rental/subscription licensing relative to up-front payments.
- While revenue rose 7% Y/Y in Europe, it only rose 2% in Asia and 1% in the Americas. Importantly, new license revenue (drives future revenue streams) fell 10% Y/Y. Recurring software revenue (77% of total) rose 8%.
- In addition, the 3D product design/testing software firm guided on a CC (transcript) for full-year revenue growth of 4%-5%, below a prior 7%-8%. Q4 revenue is expected to total at least €565M ($766M, +5% Y/Y exc. forex), and EPS guidance is set at €0.97.
- Full Q3 results arrive on Oct. 24.
DASTY vs. ETF Alternatives
Dassault Systemes develops Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solutions powered by three-dimensional (3D) representation. Co. also provides its expertise in 3D technology to businesses of all sizes in many industries. In addition to the development and distribution of software products,... More
Other News & PR