Fri, Jul. 31, 12:26 AM
Fri, May 1, 9:54 PM
- With plans (but not detailed plans, yet) to go public, Spanish-language broadcaster Univision swung to a $139.7M net loss in Q1, from a year-ago profit of $6.2M.
- The company hired Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) and Deutsche Bank (NYSE:DB) to lead an IPO that it hopes will raise $1B, which would value the broadcaster around $20B.
- Revenues were up 0.6% to $624.7M. Univision blamed its loss on termination fees that it owed to the private-equity owners of its parent, Univision Communications, as well as to Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV).
- Televisa used convertible debt to build a 38% stake in Univision and has the right to take that to 40%, so it is set to draw a payoff from Univision's eventual offering. It also drew a record $314M rebroadcasting royalty from Univision in 2014.
Sun, Apr. 26, 11:10 AM
- Deutsche Bank (NYSE:DB) reported first-quarter net profit that plunged to €559M from €1.1B a year earlier as hefty litigation charges outweighed a near record of €10.4B (+24% Y/Y) in revenue.
- Last week's $2.5B legal settlement for Libor rigging bit into the group's bottom line and totally depleted the €1.5B it set aside in legal reserves.
- Deutsche also said co-chief executives Anshu Jain and Jurgen Fitschen, as well as strategy chief Stefan Krause, will present details of its long-awaited overhaul on Monday morning.
Thu, Jan. 29, 5:26 AM
- Deutsche Bank (NYSE:DB), which is embroiled in an array of investigations, posted a surprise Q4 net profit today after cutting the reserves it set aside to cover upcoming legal action and on higher investment banking revenue.
- Net profit of €438M ($494 million) beat expectations of a €289M loss forecast by analysts.
- "We are working hard to further manage our cost base, maintain our capital strength and increase our returns to shareholders," co-chief executives Anshu Jain and Jurgen Fitschen said in a joint statement.
- DB +3.8% premarket
Oct. 29, 2014, 6:22 AM
Oct. 29, 2014, 3:57 AM
- Deutsche Bank (NYSE:DB) swung to a net loss in the third quarter, as heavy legal fees outweighed a rise in investment banking.
- Germany’s top lender reported a net loss of €92M ($117M), on net revenues of €7.9B.
- Spending €894M on litigation costs during the quarter, Deutsche Bank has now spent around €7B on fines and settlements since 2012.
Apr. 29, 2014, 3:36 AM
- Deutsche Bank's (DB) Q1 net profit slumped 34% to €1.08B ($1.5B), although the figure exceeded consensus of €1.01B.
- Revenues dropped 11% to €8.4B.
- Pretax profit plunged 30% to €1.68B vs consensus of €1.4B.
- Revenue from trading fixed income, currencies and other products declined 10% to €2.43B but was also above expectations of €2.12B.
- Basel III Tier 1 capital ratio declined to 9.5% from 9.7% in December.
- After markets closed yesterday, Deutsche Bank said it plans to auction at least €1.5B in "contingent convertible" bonds to help increase capital levels and meet stricter leverage limits.
- Shares are +2.5% in Frankfurt. (PR)
Oct. 29, 2013, 3:31 AM
- Deutsche Bank's (DB) Q3 net profit tumbled 94% to €41M ($56M), badly missing consensus of €430M.
- Pretax profit dropped 98% to 18M vs forecasts of €642M.
- Earnings were partly hurt by a €1.2B increase in litigation provisions to €4.1B.
- Revenue from trading debt and other products dropped 48% to €1.29B vs expectations of €1.59B. (PR)
Jul. 30, 2013, 3:32 AM
- Deutsche Bank (DB): Q2 pretax profit -18% to €792M, badly missing consensus of €1.3B. Net profit -49% to €335M vs forecasts of €767.6M. Revenue +2% to €8.2B.
- Increases legal provisions by €630M to €3B and expects "settlements to accelerate in the coming quarters," although the bank doesn't provide details on which issues are set to be resolved.
- Deutsche Bank plans to reduce assets to bring its leverage ratio to 3% and has identified €250B worth to cut. Shares -4% in Frankfurt. (PR)
Jul. 30, 2013, 12:05 AM
- ACI, ADS, AET, ARQL, AUDC, BLC, BP, BYD, CIE, CMI, COH, CVLT, DB, DDD, DIN, DISCA, DSX, ECL, ESV, ETR, EZPW, FIS, GLW, GNRC, GT, GTI, GTLS, HCP, HEP, HRS, HW, IPGP, JBLU, KLIC, MCGC, MDC, MLM, MRK, MSO, MWV, NEE, NLSN, NOV, NTLS, NYX, ODP, OSK, OXY, PBI, PEG, PES, PFE, ROK, S, SAN, SNH, TRI, TRW, UBS, UDR, VSH, WLK, WM, WU, XYL
Jul. 29, 2013, 5:30 PM
- ACI, ADS, AET, ARQL, AUDC, BLC, BP, BYD, CIE, CMI, COH, CVLT, DB, DDD,DIN, DISCA, DSX, ECL, ESV, ETR, EZPW, FIS, GLW, GNRC, GT, GTI, GTLS, HCP, HEP, HRS, HW, IPGP, JBLU, KLIC, MCGC, MDC, MLM, MRK, MSO, MWV, NEE, NLSN,NOV, NTLS, NYX, ODP, OSK, OXY, PBI, PEG, PES, PFE, ROK, S, SAN,SNH, TRI, TRW, UBS, UDR, VSH, WLK, WM, WU, X, XYL
Mar. 21, 2013, 5:47 AMDeutsche Bank's (DB) performance in Q1 has been "robust" across all its businesses, co-CEO Anshu Jain says, due to strong market volumes, less volatility, rising shares and growth in corporate activity. Deutsche Bank has also made progress in reducing costs and risks. Jain's comments come after the bank yesterday it was cutting Q4 profit due to increased legal and regulatory provisions. Shares +0.8%. | Comment!
Jan. 31, 2013, 2:28 AMDeutsche Bank (DB): Q4 net loss €2.17B vs profit of €147M profit last year and vs consensus of €311M, with earnings hit by a €1.9B goodwill impairment charge for restructuring and the creation of a non-core unit to sell €125B in assets. DB, which is being investigated for interest-rate manipulation, is also taking €1B in litigation charges to reflect "adverse court rulings and developments in regulatory investigations." (PR) | Comment!
Jan. 31, 2013, 12:05 AMNotable earnings before Thursday’s open: AET, ALKS, AN, APU, AZN, BEAV, BLL, BMS, BX, CAM, CL, CNH, CNX, COCO, CRR, D, DB, DNKN, DOW, EPD, ERIC, EXXI, HAR, HGG, HP, HSH, HSY, IVZ, LQDT, MA, MJN, MO, MTG, MWW, NDAQ, NVO, OXY, PBI, PCAR, PENN, PHM, POT, R, RCL, RGLD, SHW, TE, TEN, TMO, TWC, UA, UGI, UPS, VIAB, WHR, XEL, ZMH | Comment!
Jan. 30, 2013, 5:30 PMNotable earnings before Thursday’s open: AET, ALKS, AN, APU, AZN, BEAV, BLL, BMS, BX, CAM, CL, CNH, CNX, COCO, CRR, D, DB, DNKN, DOW, EPD, ERIC, EXXI, HAR, HGG, HP, HSH, HSY, IVZ, LQDT, MA, MJN, MO, MTG, MWW, NDAQ, NVO, OXY, PBI, PCAR, PENN, PHM, POT, R, RCL, RGLD, SHW, TE, TEN, TMO, TWC, UA, UGI, UPS, VIAB, WHR, XEL, ZMH | Comment!
Oct. 30, 2012, 5:22 AMDeutsche Bank (DB): Q3 net profit +3% to €747M, beating consensus of €704M and boosted by "improved market conditions and increased market activity." Includes €276M charge for restructuring. Net revenue €8.7B vs €7.32B. Pretax profit +20% to €1.13B, in line. Investment bank net revenue +65% to €1.7B. Provisions for bad loans +20% to €555M, above consensus of €423M. Core tier one ratio 10.2%. Shares +2.9% in Frankfurt. (PR) | Comment!
DB vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR