SA News • Tue, Jun. 17
SA News • Fri, Jan. 31
From other sites
There are no Focus articles on DBEF.
There are no Transcripts on DBEF.
Tue, Jun. 17, 11:05 AM
- The JPMorgan Diversified Return Global Equity ETF (JPGE) started trading earlier today, marking the firm's entrance into the ETF industry.
- JPGE will track the FTSE Developed Diversified Factor Index, a basket of equities from developed global markets which meet the relative valuation, price momentum, low volatility and market capitalization requirements.
- While the fund will track this index, it will also include an almost active tilt which may help JPGE outperform traditional market-cap-weighted ETFs.
- Other broad developed market ETFs: EFA, VEA, IEFA, DZK, DPK, URTH, EFZ, EFU, DBEF, ADRD, MFLA, EFO, IDHQ, IFSM, FDT, HEFA, FWDI
Tue, Apr. 22, 12:28 PM
- The EGShares Blue Chip ETF (BCHP) will begin trading on the NYSE Arca April 23rd, tracking the EGAI Developed Markets Blue Chip EM Access Index.
- The index features even weight exposure to 30 well established, large cap firms in developed markets; including the U.S.
- Other broad developed market ETFs: EFA, VEA, IEFA, DZK, PIZ, DPK, GWX, URTH, EFZ, EFU, DBEF, MFLA, ADRD, PXF, EFO, FNDF, IFSM, IDHQ, FDT, FWDI, HEFA
Mon, Feb. 10, 4:11 PM
- The db X-trackers Harvest CSI 300 China A-Shares Fund (ASHR) has lowered its fee from 1.08% to 0.82%; closer to what other funds charge for similar exposure.
- The db X-trackers MSCI Japan Hedged Equity Fund (DBJP) and db X-trackers MSCI Germany Hedged Equity Fund (DBGR) has reduced fees from .50% to 0.45%; similar to the firm's other developed market ETFs charge.
- Other A-Shares ETFs: PEK, CHNA
- Other Deutsche Bank currency hedged ETFs: DBEF, DBAP, DBUK, DBEU, DBGR, DBEM, DBKO, DBMX, DBAW, DBBR
Fri, Jan. 31, 6:59 PM
- The iShares Currency Hedged MSCI Japan ETF (HEWJ) and Germany ETF (HEWG) will hold a portfolio of large- and mid-cap Japanese and German equities (respectively), while mitigating exposure to fluctuations between the value of the Japanese yen and euro (respectively) against the U.S. dollar.
- The iShares Currency Hedged MSCI EAFE ETF (HEFA) represents a more global approach and will hold a portfolio of large- and mid-cap equities in Europe, Australasia, and the Far East, while mitigating exposure to fluctuations between the value of the component currencies and the U.S. dollar.
- This sector of the ETF universe is currently dominated by WisdomTree (WETF) and Deutsche Bank (DB) sponsored funds.
- Other currency hedged equity ETFs: DBJP, DXJ, HEDJ, DXJS, DXPS, DXGE, DXKW, DBJP, DBEF, DBAP, DBUK, DBEU, DBGR, DBEM, DBKO, DBMX, DBAW, DBBR
Wed, Jan. 22, 3:45 PM
- The Market Vectors MSCI International Quality ETF (QXUS) and the MSCI International Quality Dividend ETF (QDXU) will both track the MSCI ACWI ex-U.S. Index which includes large and mid-cap stocks across 42 countries. Both funds have expense ratios of 0.45%.
- Related ETFs: EFA, VEA, EFV, PDN, IEFA, EFAV, DZK, DWM, PIZ, EFG, DTH, DPK, GWX, URTH, EFZ, EFU, IDLV, DBEF, PXF, MFLA, EFO, ADRD, TLTD, FNDF, IFSM, IDHQ, FWDI, FDTS, FDT, IDHB, IDV, SDIV, DWX, PID, DTN, LVL, FGD, DOO, DOL, DEW, IDOG, HGI, DVYA, IQDF, IQDY, IQDE, WDIV, FIEG
- The Market Vectors MSCI Emerging Markets Quality ETF (QEM) and the MSCI Emerging Markets Quality Dividend ETF will both track the MSCI Emerging Markets High Dividend Yield Index which includes large and mid-cap stocks across 19 emerging market countries.
- Related ETFs: EEM, VWO, DEM, EDC, DGS, EDZ, EEMV, EEB, SCHE, EDIV, IEMG, DVYE, BIK, EEV, EWX, BKF, PIE, CEW, ADRE, HILO, EUM, FNI, EET, GMM, PXH, EEMS, BBRC, EELV, FEMS, EEME, EMDD, BICK, DBEM, EMCR, FEM, EWEM, EVAL, JEM, EMBB, EMLB, TLTE, EEHB, EGRW, FNDE, EMSA, EMHD, EMDR, EMFT
Wed, Jan. 15, 4:16 AM
- The World Bank expects global economic expansion to accelerate to 3.2% in 2014 from 2.4% in 2013, led by advanced economies that seem "to be finally turning the corner" following the financial crisis.
- In its Global Economic Prospects report, the bank also forecasts growth of 3.4% in 2015 and 3.5% in 2016.
- The bank predicts that the U.S. will expand 2.8% this year, up from 1.8% last year.
- While the Fed's scaling back of its bond-buying program is one headwind for global prospects, stronger growth in high-income countries should offset the impact of the taper, the bank says. (PR)
- ETFs: EEM, VWO, EFA, EDC, VEA, VT, FM, EDZ, EEB, SCHE, IEMG, FRN, BIK, ACWI, EEV, BKF, PIE, IOO, CEW, ADRE, IEFA, EUM, FNI, DZK, EET, PIZ, DPK, GWX, GMM, BBRC, EFZ, URTH, ONEF, EFU, DGT, DBEF, EEME, FIGY, EMDD, MFLA, EMCR, BICK, DBEM, PXF, EFO, ADRD, FEM, EWEM, RWV, JEM, EMBB, EMLB, FNDF, TOK, EMFM, IFSM, EMSA, IDHQ, FWDI, EMDR, EMFT, FDT
Thu, Jan. 2, 3:57 PM
- Mebane Faber updates countries' cyclically-adjusted price-earnings ratios (CAPE) for the start of the year, and Greece, Russia, Ireland, Argentina, Hungary, Jordan, Austria, and Lebanon make the list of the cheapest - all under 10.
- How did the CAPE do in 2013? If you bought the 5 highest-priced countries - Peru, Colombia, Indonesia, Mexico, and Chile - you would have lost 17.8%. If you bought the 5 cheapest - Greece, Ireland, Argentina, Russia, and Italy - you would have gained 20.7%.
- 2014's full list is here (subscription required).
- Related ETFs: EFA, VEA, EFV, PDN, EFAV, IEFA, DWM, DZK, EFG, PIZ, DTH, DPK, GWX, EFZ, URTH, EFU, IDLV, DBEF, MFLA, EFO, PXF, ADRD, TLTD, IFSM, IDHQ, FNDF, FWDI, FDT, FDTS, IDHB
Sep. 12, 2013, 9:10 AM
- WisdomTree's (WETF) blockbuster Japan Hedged Equity Fund (DXJ) may soon be facing stiffer competition as iShares (BLK) files to bring to market the iShares Currency Hedged MSCI Japan ETF. DXJ is the most popular U.S.-listed ETF YTD, bringing in about $8.5B, and now with $10B in AUM.
- Along with a Japan currency-hedged fund, iShares also files to list the Currency Hedged MSCI Germany ETF and the Currency Hedged MSCI EAFE ETF.
- Together the three will also challenge Deutsche Bank's suite of hedged funds - Japan (DBJP), Germany (DBGR), and EAFE (DBEF). Summed up, Deutsche's offerings have about $320M in AUM.
- iShares, of course, has popular non-hedged funds for each of these areas: Japan (EWJ), Germany (EWG), and EAFE (EFA) - together these have about $60B in AUM.
Sep. 11, 2013, 3:30 PM
- The Short Enhanced MSCI EAFE ETN's redemption feature was triggered automatically after recent months of rising global market indices.
- MFSA offered 2x inverse exposure to global markets, excluding North America, and performed best at the height of the euro crisis.
- The MSCI EAFE has gained close to 18% in the past year, causing MFSA to tumble and lose over 60% of its value according to a press release.
- Related funds: EFA, IEFA, VEA, DBEF, ADRD, FDT, URTH, FWDI, FNDF, MFLA, EFO, EFU, DZK, DPK, EFZ, PXF, IDHQ, PIZ
May. 21, 2013, 8:39 AMFollowing on the success of currency-hedged ETFs like those for Japan - the DXJ and the DBJP - Deutsche Bank plans the May 31 launch of the MSCI Germany Hedged Equity Fund (DBGR). It adds to Deutsche's suite of currency-hedged funds: DBEF, DBEM, DBBR. WisdomTree - the creator of DXJ - is prepping its own German Hedged Equity Fund. | Comment!
Mar. 18, 2013, 8:47 AMWhile the currency-hedged Japan ETF has been the hit of the season, investors exposed more generally to overseas stocks - say through the EFA - also have an ETF to protect against sliding foreign currencies, the DBA ETF Trust (DBEF). The fund provides the exact same exposure as the EFA, but hedges against currency movement. When the dollar shines, so will the fund, +10.6% YTD vs. 5.3% for EFA. | Comment!
Sep. 13, 2011, 6:50 AMThe IEA cut its forecast for oil demand due to a lowered GDP outlook to 1M barrels per day this year and 1.4M barrels per day in 2012. The agency now sees a small surplus if "significant downside risks" to the economy push growth lower. Libya - the wildcard in the mix - is expected to produce 350K-450K daily barrels of oil, ramping up to 1.1M by the end of 2012. | Comment!
Aug. 8, 2011, 8:22 AMRoyal Dutch Shell (RDS.A) receives an upgrade from Oppenheimer to Outperform from Market Perform with a price target of $80. The firm sees the Big Oil player realizing a nice earnings and cash flow boost following its $60B investment in projects over the last 5 years. Shares -2.6% premarket, in-line with other oil majors. | Comment!
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
DBEF vs. ETF Alternatives
The db X-trackers MSCI EAFE Hedged Equity Fund (the "Fund") seeks investment results that correspond generally to the performance, before fees and expenses, of the MSCI EAFE US Dollar Hedged Index (the "Index"). The Index is designed to provide exposure to equity securities in developed international stock markets, while at the same time mitigating exposure to fluctuations between the value of the U.S. dollar and non-U.S. currencies. As of March 31, 2011, the Index includes securities from the following 22 countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Other News & PR