5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Transcripts on DBO.
DBO vs. ETF Alternatives
The PowerShares DB Oil Fund (Fund) is based on the Deutsche Bank Liquid Commodity Index - Optimum Yield Oil Excess Return™ (Index) and managed by DB Commodity Services LLC. The Index is a rules-based index composed of futures contracts on Light Sweet Crude Oil (WTI) and is intended to reflect the performance of crude oil. You cannot invest directly in an index. Ordinary brokerage commissions apply.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Monday, Mar 33:17 AM
Monday, Mar 33:17 AM| 16 Comments
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is traveling to Kiev today to "reaffirm the United States' strong support for Ukrainian sovereignty" as Russian troops take control of Crimea and threaten a full-scale invasion. In response, Ukraine has mobilized its reserves.
- The U.S. has threatened to isolate Russia economically and is considering a range of sanctions unless it withdraws from Ukraine, including freezing assets, visa bans, action against banks and even expulsion from the G8. However, some European countries rely on Russia for energy so forging a widespread agreement on sanctions could be tough.
- All sides are examining a get-out option for Russia that would involve sending international observers to Crimea and eastern Ukraine to protect the rights of ethnic Russians - one of Vladimir Putin's ostensible reasons for seizing Crimea - under any new government in Kiev.
- The crisis has sent Russian markets tumbling and prompted the country's central bank to temporarily hike interest rates to 7% from 5.5%. The USD-RUB is +1.2% to 36.457 after earlier hitting 36.65. The broad ruble-based MICEX stock index is -9.4% and the dollar-based RTS is -11.1%.
- ETFs: RSX, RUSL, ERUS, RUSS, RSXJ, RBL, RUDR, GUR, ESR, USO, OIL, UCO, SCO, DBO, DTO, BNO, CRUD, USL, DNO, UWTI, SZO, DWTI, OLO, OLEM, TWTI,UNG, DGAZ, UGAZ, BOIL, GAZ, FCG, GASL, KOLD, UNL, GASX, NAGS, DCNG
Thursday, Feb 273:46 PM
Thursday, Feb 273:46 PM| 2 Comments
- Oil refiners are getting hit today as Brent crude falls to its lowest price in more than a week on rising tensions in Ukraine, shrinking the premium to West Texas crude to the narrowest level since October.
- Given Ukraine’s location, the country's situation obviously will impact Brent more than WTI; meanwhile, WTI’s losses are limited after U.S. government data yesterday showed crude supplies at Cushing, Okla., declining to a four-month low.
- Phillips 66 (PSX -2.8%) has dropped 3.5% YTD, while Delek US (DK -5.3%) has plunged 17%, Valero (VLO -4.3%) has slipped 3.8%, Holly Frontier (HFC -3.1%) has fallen 8.2% and Marathon Petroleum (MPC -4.4%) is off 8.5% in 2014.
- Other decliners today: TSO -1.5%, ALJ -5.4%, WNR -4.2%, CVI -3.4%, CLMT -0.7%.
- ETFs: USO, OIL, UCO, SCO, DBO, DTO, BNO, CRUD, USL, DNO, UWTI, SZO, DWTI, OLO, OLEM, TWTI
Friday, Jan 108:58 AM
Friday, Jan 108:58 AM| 4 Comments
- Commodities have their tails in the air following the slow payroll number, with gold up 1% to 1,240 per ounce, silver up 2.2% to $20.80, copper gaining 1.2%, and crude oil ahead 1.7% to $93.21.
- With this morning's gain, gold is up more than 3% on the year.
- Related ETFs: GLD, SLV, USO, IAU, AGQ, OIL, PHYS, UCO, SIVR, USLV, ZSL, SGOL, UGL, DGP, SCO, GLL, JJC, DZZ, DBO, DTO, UGLD, DGL, DSLV, DBS, CRUD, DGZ, AGOL, GLDI, DGLD, USL, SLVO, DNO, TBAR, SZO, UWTI, USV, OILZ, UBG, CPER, DWTI, OLO, CUPM, OLEM, TWTI
Wednesday, Jan 82:45 PM
Wednesday, Jan 82:45 PM| Comment!
- A smaller-than-expected draw on crude supplies is today's excuse for selling as WTI crude slips 1.4% to $92.33 per barrel - a six-week low.
- Crude stocks fell 2.7M barrels in the week ended January 3, says the EIA, less than the expected 3.3M decline.
- WTI crude hasn't been below $90 per barrel since April.
- USO -1.4%
- Products: UGA -1%, UHN +0.2%
- Crude oil ETFs: USO, OIL, UCO, SCO, DBO, DTO, BNO, CRUD, USL, DNO, SZO, UWTI, OILZ, DWTI, OLO, OLEM, TWTI
Friday, Jan 311:24 AM
Friday, Jan 311:24 AM| Comment!
- Mildly supportive EIA inventory numbers aren't enough to pull oil out of a big slide begun just before the new year. Off 1% today to $94.50 per barrel, February WTI crude was over $100 on December 27. USO -1.3%.
- Natural gas is steady as the EIA reports a 97 bcf draw on inventories. Total stocks of 2.974 tcf are off 562 bcp from a year ago, and 289 bcf below the 5-year average. UNG +0.3%.
- Crude ETFs: USO, OIL, UCO, SCO, DBO, DTO, BNO, CRUD, USL, DNO, SZO, UWTI, OILZ, DWTI, OLO, OLEM, TWTI
- Nat gas ETFs: UNG, UGAZ, GAZ, BOIL, DGAZ, UNL, KOLD, NAGS, GASZ, DCNG
Friday, Dec 272013, 10:19 AM
Friday, Dec 272013, 10:19 AM| Comment!
- Airline stocks dip in early trading after a government report shows U.S. crude oil supplies stayed in a downward trend. Violence in the South Sudan has also been a recent factor in oil prices.
- Besides the prospect for higher prices for aviation fuel, the airline sector was ripe to blow off a little steam after rallying before and after the merger of American Airlines and U.S. Airways, note analysts.
- Decliners: United Continental (UAL) -3.2%, Delta Air Lines (DAL) -2.6%, Spirit Airlines (SAVE) -2.4%, JetBlue (JBLU) -1.5%, American Airlines (AAL) -1.5%, Southwest Airlines (LUV) -1.3%.
- Related Oil ETFs: USO, OIL, UCO, SCO, DBO, DTO, CRUD, USL, DBE, UHN, RJN, DNO, SZO, OILZ, UWTI, DWTI, OLO, JJE, RGRE, ONG, OLEM, TWTI, UBN.
Wednesday, Oct 232013, 9:32 AM
Wednesday, Oct 232013, 9:32 AM| 1 Comment
- The API late yesterday reported a 3M barrel build in domestic supplies, a number the EIA is expected to confirm in its own report at 10:30 ET.
- WTI crude (USO) is off 1.9% to $96.48, the lowest price since late June. Brent crude (BNO) isn't off nearly as much and the spread between the two has widened to a 6-month high of about $12 per barrel.
- Behind the stock build and lower U.S. prices could be refinery maintenance shutdowns. Fewer runs mean lower demand for crude, but also mean less product - gasoline and distillate supplies are both expected to print lower in the EIA report.
- ETFs: OIL, USO, DBO, OLO, USL, CRUD, UCO, DTO, SCO, SZO, DNO, UWTI, DWTI, BNO, UOIL, DOIL, UGA.
Monday, Oct 212013, 8:02 AM
Monday, Oct 212013, 8:02 AM| 9 Comments
- It's the first time below the century mark for U.S.crude since July and is at least partly being blamed on dull demand thanks to refinery maintenance work. At the same time, domestic output is surging thanks to shale production.
- November crude is off nearly $1 this morning and more than $10 since Labor Day to $99.85 per barrel.
- AAA's daily report has national regular gasoline prices down to $3.349 per gallon vs. $3.486 a month ago and $3.676 a year ago.
- USO -0.9% premarket.
- ETFs: OIL, USO, DBO, OLO, USL, CRUD, UCO, DTO, SCO, SZO, DNO, UWTI, DWTI, BNO, UOIL, DOIL.
Friday, Oct 112013, 1:42 PM
Friday, Oct 112013, 1:42 PM| 77 Comments
- Was one trade responsible for a sudden $25 drop in the price of gold Friday morning?
- The move lower — which happened in the space of 2 minutes and sent the yellow metal to a three-month low — is being blamed on a market order to sell 5K gold futures contracts, Nanex tells CNBC.
- "About 2,700 went off and tripped the stop logic, halting gold futures for 10 seconds while liquidity replenished. When enough liquidity returned (after 10 seconds), the balance of about 2,300 completed," Nanex remarked.
- The move appears to have affected silver, platinum, and even oil.
- Gold -2.15%, silver -3%, platinum -1.7%, crude -1.6%
- Precious metals ETFs: GLD, IAU, SGOL, PHYS AGOL, DGL, UBG, DGP, UGL, DZZ, GLL, DGZ, UGLD, DGLD, GLDI, SLV, SIVR, AGQ, DBS, USV, ZSL, USLV, DSLV, SLVO
- Oil ETFs - OIL, USO, DBO, OLO, USL, CRUD, UCO, DTO, SCO, SZO, DNO, UWTI, DWTI
Friday, Oct 112013, 6:49 AM
Friday, Oct 112013, 6:49 AM| 1 Comment
- Non-OPEC supplies are expected to increase by a near-record 1.7M barrels per day to 56.4m next year, says the IEA in its monthly report. In addition to the big supply number, the IEA also slightly trimmed its world demand estimate - now seeing an increase of 1.1M barrels to 92M barrels per day.
- "If the IEA picture on the supply side is correct, there is a real risk that Brent prices (BNO) will drop below $100 a barrel during 2014," says analyst Hannes Loacker.
- WTI crude -1.3% to $101.64. Brent -0.3% to $111.45.
- Oil ETFs: OIL, USO, DBO, OLO, USL, CRUD, UCO, DTO, SCO, SZO, DNO, UWTI, DWTI.
Thursday, Oct 102013, 5:39 AM
Thursday, Oct 102013, 5:39 AM| 1 Comment
- Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zeidan has reportedly been released after being kidnapped this morning by former rebels.
- Nymex crude oil is +0.2% to $101.84, Brent is +0.4% to $109.50. Both are down from earlier highs.
- ETFs: OIL, USO, DBO, OLO, USL, CRUD, UCO, DTO, SCO, SZO, DNO, UWTI, DWTI, BNO, UOIL, DOIL
Friday, Sep 272013, 3:53 AM
Friday, Sep 272013, 3:53 AM| 1 Comment
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif had a private discussion over Iran's nuclear program yesterday at the U.N. in New York in what was the highest-level official meeting between the countries since before the Islamic Revolution in 1979.
- Kerry said the talks, which came after wider negotiations between Iran and major international powers, were "constructive." However, he warned that much work was needed to be done, with the U.S. wanting clear proof that Iran was not developing nuclear weapons before sanctions would be eased.
- Despite the caution, the improved relations helped send oil 0.5% lower to $102.49.
- ETFs: JJE, RJN, DBE, UBN, RGRE, OIL, USO, DBO, OLO, USL, CRUD, UCO, DTO, SCO, SZO, DNO, UWTI, DWTI, BNO, UOIL, DOIL.
Friday, Sep 132013, 2:25 AM
Friday, Sep 132013, 2:25 AM| Comment!
- U.S. stock futures took a bit of a dive earlier - possibly on a knee-jerk reaction to a report that Larry Summers is set to be named the next Fed chief - before recovering a bit.
- Dow -0.1%. S&P -0.15%. Nasdaq flat.
- In contrast, the U.S. dollar index spikes before giving back some gains, and is now +0.2%.
- 10-year Treasury yieds +3.5 bps to 2.94%.
- Gold is -1.1% and crude oil is -0.1%.
- ETFs: IVV, SPY, VOO, RWL, SFLA, SSO, UPRO, SDS, SPXU, SH, EPS, RSP, BXUB, BXUC, BXDB, DIA, DDM, UDOW, DXD, SDOW, DOG, QQQ, QQEW, TQQQ, QID, SQQQ, PSQ, QLD, QQQE OIL, USO, DBO, OLO, USL, CRUD, UCO, DTO, SCO, SZO, DNO, UWTI, DWTI
Tuesday, Sep 102013, 7:44 AM
Tuesday, Sep 102013, 7:44 AM| Comment!
- Precious metals and oil slide as the chance of Western military intervention into Syria fades. GLD -1.3%, SLV -2%, USO -1.2%.
- Syria has reportedly accepted a proposal to put its chemical weapons under international control in exchange for no U.S. military strike
- ETFs: GLD, IAU, SGOL, PHYS, AGOL, DGL, UBG, DGP, UGL, DZZ, GLL, DGZ, UGLD, DGLD, GLDI, SLV, SIVR, AGQ, DBS, USV, ZSL, USLV, DSLV, SLVO, OIL, USO, DBO, OLO, USL, CRUD, UCO, DTO, SCO, SZO, DNO, UWTI, DWTI, BNO, UOIL, DOIL.
Tuesday, Sep 32013, 2:22 PM
Tuesday, Sep 32013, 2:22 PM| 1 Comment
- Renewed beating of the war drums over Syria has helped gold turn a 1% loss into a 1.3% gain, the metal now fetching $1,414 per ounce. GLD +1.5%.
- Other gold ETFs: IAU, SGOL, PHYS, AGOL, DGL, UBG, DGP, UGL, DZZ, GLL, DGZ, UGLD, DGLD, GLDI.
- WTI crude has also turned around, now 0.8% higher at $108.51 per barrel. USO +0.7%.
- Other oil ETFs: OIL, DBO, OLO, USL, CRUD, UCO, DTO, SCO, SZO, DNO, UWTI, DWTI, BNO, UOIL, DOIL.
Monday, Sep 22013, 6:09 AM
Monday, Sep 22013, 6:09 AM| Comment!
- WTI crude oil is -0.65% to $106.95 a barrel, although up from earlier lows, as the prospect of a U.S. military attack on Syria becomes less certain. However, Brent is +0.15% to $114.18.
- Investors should sell Brent if an attack causes futures to rise, Morgan Stanley said.
- "Eroding oil fundamentals already point to a weakening of Brent prices," analyst Adam Longson wrote. "Without significant contagion, we are unlikely to see any real supply disruption related to Syria.
- ETDs - JJE, RJN, DBE, UBN, RGRE, OIL, USO, DBO, OLO, USL, CRUD, UCO, DTO, SCO, SZO, DNO, UWTI, DWTI, BNO, UOIL, DOIL
- View all 1 replies
murcilp640:: damn right
- View all 4 replies
Venerability:: (Cont.) - and if so, it could be a nice rally this time - selected components should begin to move higher at 11 or 11:30, per pattern.