There are no Focus articles on DBOEY.
There are no News articles on DBOEY.
Mon, Apr. 7, 1:13 PM
- Nine months ago, the European Commission accused 13 banks of blocking Deutshce Boerse (DBOEY) and CME from entering the lucrative CDS business between 2006-09, but the banks, reports Reuters, are set to fight those charges at a closed-door hearing next month.
- Should they lose, the banks could be subject to fines of up to 10% of their global CDS turnover - not a small amount given the size of the market.
- Those charged and expected to fight: C, GS, DB, BAC, BCS, BNPQY, CS, HSBC, JPM, MS, RBS, and UBS.
Thu, Feb. 20, 7:21 AM
- "The chances of a hostile takeover succeeding in our sector are zero," Deutsche Boerse (DBOEY) CEO Reto Francioni tells reporters after being asked about potential interest from the CME. "Even friendly ones have been difficult," he adds, noting the regulatory hurdles.
- The CME, of course, was turned down last year when it put out some feelers towards the German exchange operator. "Our position hasn't changed," says Francioni.
Nov. 18, 2013, 4:35 PM
- Nasdaq OMX (NDAQ) is among three exchanges - Deutshce Boerse (DBOEY) and the London Stock Exchange (LDNXF) being the others - considering a bid for Euronext, the European exchanges set to be spun off by InterContinentalExchange (ICE) following its purchase of NYSE Euronext, reports the WSJ.
- The report quickly adds none of the thee are believed to have yet hired bankers to assist and the current plan is for Euronext to be spun off in a Paris IPO in 2014.
Sep. 6, 2013, 2:54 PM
- CME Group (CME -0.9%) will delay by three weeks until September 30 the launch of trading at CME Europe, according to a memo sent to exchange members today. "We are currently working very closely with regulators in order to achieve both recognition and a successful CME Europe launch," goes the memo, without elaborating in any more detail.
- CME Europe is the group's first full-fledged overseas exchange and is expected to challenge Eurex (DBOEY.PK +0.1%) for business, as well as take on IntercontinentalExchange (ICE -1%) whose acquisition of NYSE Euronext (NYX -0.8%) is set to close this year.
May. 13, 2013, 3:51 AMPeter Randall, former CEO of Chi-X Europe, is putting together a private-equity-led consortium to bid for the Euronext group of exchanges, sources say. IntercontinentalExchange (ICE) has said it would spin off the Euronext group as part of its $10.1B takeover of NYSE Euronext (NYX). Any bid is likely to face competition from NASDAQ OMX (NDAQ), Deutsche Boerse (DBOEY.PK, DBOEF.PK), and Six Group. | Comment!
Mar. 18, 2013, 1:22 PMThe CME Group finally opens its European interest-rate swap clearing service, putting the firm in competition with Deutsche Boerse (DBOEY.PK) and LCH Clearnet for what should be the lucrative business of clearing OTC derivatives. Dodd-Frank is combining with EU regulations to force much of the $600T OTC market onto clearing exchanges. | Comment!
Feb. 25, 2013, 8:36 AM
Feb. 25, 2013, 7:42 AM
Aug. 19, 2012, 9:24 PMWith ZIRP as far as the eye can see causing volume to fade in its once-mighty Eurodollar contract, CME Group looks for growth overseas, planning to launch a European exchange to compete with ones run by Euronext (NYX) and Deutsche Boerse. CME will submit plans to U.K. regulators "within days," say sources. | Comment!
Jun. 18, 2012, 9:53 AMDeutsche Boerse (DBOEY.PK) last week asked an EU court to quash the European Commission's ban on the exchange's $9.5B merger with NYSE Euronext (NYX), arguing that regulators made errors when deciding to block the deal. If the tribunal backs Deutsche Boerse's claims, it can overturn the regulator's ruling or ask for a reassessment. | Comment!
Mar. 22, 2012, 11:08 AMNYSE Euronext (NYX) confirms that it won't join Deutsche Boerse (DBOEY.PK) in appealing the European Commission's decision to block their merger. "We do not believe that the interests of our shareholders and our company would be served by undertaking a protracted appeal," says Big Board. (PR) | Comment!
Mar. 19, 2012, 4:38 PMDeutsche Boerse (DBOEY.PK) will sue the European Commission to overturn the decision to block its merger with NYSE Euronext (NYX). The German exchange is fending for itself as the NYSE - at this point - is not taking part in the suit. Lawyers expect it to be a long and uphill battle. The move "sounds like pure optics and annoyance," says one. | 1 Comment
Feb. 1, 2012, 3:19 PMAnalysts shed few tears over NYSE Euronext's (NYX -0.4%) failed merger with Deutsche Boerse (DBOEY.PK). UBS believes NYX shares could enjoy a short-term lift with investors coming off the sidelines as deal uncertainty ends. CLSA thinks it "may be for the best, [seeing] upside from less exposure to Europe and a potential transaction tax." NDAQ +0.2%, CME +2.1%, ICE +0.5%. | Comment!
Feb. 1, 2012, 5:42 AM
Feb. 1, 2012, 5:21 AM
Feb. 1, 2012, 5:13 AM
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
DBOEY vs. ETF Alternatives
Deutsche Boerse AG provides a variety of stock exchange introduction, trading, and operational services to institutions and private investors. The Company offers electronic trading systems for buying and selling of securities on stock exchanges in Europe. Deutsche Boerse offers indices such as... More
Other News & PR