Oct. 22, 2013, 12:05 AM
Oct. 21, 2013, 5:30 PM
Oct. 17, 2013, 3:09 PM
- First screening for stocks with a dividend yield of at least 3%, payout ratios of less than 75%, low debt, and compounded annual income growth of 5%, the team narrows it further by selecting those least correlated (in a negative way) to higher Treasury yields and with little near-term debt maturing.
- The list of 20: ABBV, AEE, AJG, DD, ESV, EPD, GIS, HRB, HBHC, KRFT, LO, MMP, MWE, MCD, MCHP, NEE, REG, TU, WSTC, WMB.
Oct. 2, 2013, 12:38 PM
- The BP-DuPont (DD) Butamax joint venture is retrofitting an ethanol plant in Minnesota to make a successor renewable fuel, biobutanol, and plans to begin the first phase of commercial production in the next few months.
- "This is the next step in the road to commercialization,” Butamax CEO Paul Beckwith says.
- The JV says biobutanol has lower greenhouse gas emissions than corn-based ethanol and doesn’t present the same kind of refining issues.
Sep. 23, 2013, 3:47 AM
- Lawyers for house-paint providers are due to make their final arguments today in a trial over whether the companies should have to remove lead paint from hundreds of thousands of homes in California, a requirement that could cost the firms up to $2.5B.
- The defendants are Sherwin-Williams (SHW) NL Industries (NL), ConAgra (CAG), DuPont (DD) and BP (BP) unit Atlantic-Richfield.
- The case has been brought by 10 city and county governments in California, which argue that the lead is harmful to children. Lead has been banned in residential paint since 1978.
Sep. 9, 2013, 12:20 PM
- KBR (KBR +2.2%) says it's secured a five year contract extension to provide construction and maintenance services to DuPont (DD +1%). The contract renewal includes an expansion of services from 17 sites to 26 DD sites across the northeast U.S. and Gulf Coast regions.
- The value of the contract was undisclosed, but it will be booked into backlog in KBR's third quarter.
Aug. 15, 2013, 3:04 AM
- Activist investor Nelson Peltz has reportedly taken a 2.2% stake worth $1.3B in DuPont (DD). Peltz's Trian Fund Management owns 21M shares, well above the publicly disclosed figure of 5.8M as of June 30.
- Trian recently met with Du Pont CEO Ellen Kullman to discuss the hedge fund's proposals, as contained in a "white paper," about how to boost growth. This follows flat in sales in H1 and an increase of just 3.6% in 2012.
- Trian might push DuPont to break up some of its disparate parts, although it's worth noting that the company is already looking to sell a chemical business that makes refrigerants and pigments for paint.
Aug. 8, 2013, 9:44 AM
- Germany's Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA) reportedly says that a new climate-friendly refrigerant for air-conditioned cars that has been developed by Honeywell (HON) and DuPont (DD) increases safety risks but not enough to pose an outright danger.
- Still, the KBA recommends that the refrigerant, known as HFO-1234yf, should be studied further in order to rule out possible problems.
- HFO-1234yf is designed to meed new EU rules; concerns about its safety for car occupants were raised by Daimler.
Jul. 31, 2013, 3:51 PM
- After a nearly three-year battle with South African regulators, DuPont (DD +0.2%) completes the purchase of an 80% stake in South Africa's Pannar Seed, a deal DD says will greatly expand its access to new markets and help it boost research efforts and seed availability for farmers in Africa.
- Financial terms aren't disclosed, but DuPont Pioneer President Paul Schickler says it is one of the largest deals in the subsidiary's history and DD's largest investment on the African continent.
Jul. 30, 2013, 10:41 AM| Comment!
Jul. 23, 2013, 9:49 AMDuPont's (DD +4%) discussion of spinning off its performance chemicals unit would seem to vindicate Nelson Peltz, who is said to be "amassing a large stake" in the company, though CEO Ellen Kullman tells CNBC it has been "looking at alternatives... for a few months." BGC analyst Mark Gulley thinks Peltz might propose a split into two pieces, and the strategic review of performance paints is "certainly a step in the right direction." | Comment!
Jul. 23, 2013, 7:38 AMMore on DuPont (DD +2.7%) Q2: DuPont is looking to sell or spin off its performance-chemicals unit as part of a strategy to become a "higher growth, less cyclical" company, and as a way to insulate itself from stagnating sales of paint pigments. The business includes DuPont's Titanium Technologies and Chemicals & Fluoroproducts operations, which generated total sales of $7.2B in 2012. The company has also announced a management reshuffle. (PR) | Comment!
Jul. 23, 2013, 7:11 AMMore on DuPont (DD) Q2 earnings: A 7% boost in Agriculture sales helped offset a big decline (9%) in Performance Chemicals as titanium dioxide prices declined (volume was up 12%). Company continues to expect FY13 EPS of about $3.85 amid "currency headwinds and ... a sluggish global economy," with Q4 being better than Q3. CC at 9 ET. Shares +0.6% premarket. (PR) | Comment!
Jul. 23, 2013, 6:01 AM
Jul. 23, 2013, 12:05 AM
Jul. 22, 2013, 5:30 PM
DD vs. ETF Alternatives
E I du Pont de Nemours & Company is a science and engineering company that offers products and patents applications for agriculture, nutrition, electronics and communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation and apparel.
Other News & PR