Tue, Apr. 21, 7:25 AM
- Net income of $1.03B vs. $1.44B in the same quarter a year ago. Excluding pension costs and other items, operating earnings were $1.34 a share, down from $1.58 per share, the prior year.
- Cost reductions increased earnings by $0.10 per share, however, helping to make up for a 10% sales drop at DuPont's (NYSE:DD) agriculture unit, the company's largest business.
- Net sales fell 9% to $9.17B, primarily due to a decline in volumes and negative currency impacts.
- DuPont says it's now on track to spin off its performance chemicals unit the middle of this year and expects to report full-year operating earnings at the low end of its $4.00-$4.20 per share range (below analyst projections of $4.46).
- The results also come just weeks ahead of a shareholder vote on adding nominees from Trian Fund Management, headed by Nelson Peltz, who has argued the company's share value could effectively double if it split itself into three.
- DD -1.6% premarket
- Q1 results
Tue, Apr. 21, 6:14 AM| Comment!
Mon, Apr. 20, 5:30 PM
Tue, Jan. 27, 7:25 AM
- Net income of $683M vs. $185M in the same quarter a year ago. Operating earnings per share of $0.71 vs. $0.59 per share last year.
- Net sales fell 5% to $7.38B, primarily due to portfolio changes and negative currency impacts.
- DuPont (NYSE:DD) says it will still reach its goal of $1B in cost reductions by 2015 and would now aim for $1.3B in overall savings by 2017.
- The company also expects to buy back up to $4B in shares using the dividend from the spinoff of its performance chemicals business.
- DuPont gave a disappointing outlook for 2015 due to a significant hit from the strengthening dollar, and expects to post per-share earnings of $4.00-$4.20 for the year, below analyst projections of $4.46.
- The forecast may add to the pressure from activist investor Trian Fund Management, headed by Nelson Peltz, who has argued the company’s share value could effectively double if it split itself into three.
- DD -1.5% premarket
- Q4 results
Tue, Jan. 27, 6:12 AM| 1 Comment
Mon, Jan. 26, 5:30 PM
Oct. 28, 2014, 7:09 AM
- Net income of $433M vs. $285M in the same quarter a year ago. Operating earnings per share of $0.54 vs. $0.45 per share last year.
- Operating earnings by segment: Agriculture +11%; Electronics & Communications -3%; Industrial Biosciences +4%; Nutrition & Health +23%; Performance Chemicals -5%; Performance Materials +1%; Safety & Protection +18%; Other +22%.
- The company backed its full-year operating earnings outlook of $4.00-$4.10 per share and expects its Q4 operating EPS to grow about 20% from $0.59 per share in the year-earlier period.
- Q3 results
Oct. 28, 2014, 6:01 AM| 2 Comments
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACI, AET, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AME, AMTD, AN, AXE, BP, CAS, CIT, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DIN, ECL, ENTG, FCX, FDP, FLWS, FMER, GLPI, GLW, HCA, HMC, HOT, HRS, ICON, IIVI, IPGP, LH, MDSO, MLM, MMC, MSM, MSO, MWV, NBL, NCI, NVS, PCAR, PCG, PES, PFE, PH, POR, RDWR, SAIA, SAVE, SCHN, SCOR, SHW, SIRI, SNCR, ST, SYRG, TECH, TKR, TRW, TTS, TWI, UBS, UTHR, VDSI, VRTS, VSH, WAB, WHR, XYL
Jul. 22, 2014, 7:59 AM
- Dupont (NYSE:DD) reports that Q2 net income rose to $1.07B, or $1.15 per share, from $1.03B, or $1.11 per share, a year earlier. Net sales fell 1% Y/Y to $9.7B.
- Operating EPS of $1.17 dropped from the $1.28 per share last year, but was in accordance with the company's expectations stated in its June 26th announcement.
- Revenue fell to $9.7B versus $9.8B Y/Y. Volume growth in crop protection, nutrition and health and most industrial businesses was offset by the impact of portfolio changes, a planned maintenance shutdown and lower corn seed volumes.
- The company has also said it will pay a $0.47 dividend in Q3 - a 4.4% increase from Q2's dividend of $0.45. The raise marks Dupont's third increase in the past 27 months.
- Q2 earnings
Jul. 22, 2014, 6:02 AM| 1 Comment
Jul. 21, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 17, 2014, 8:49 AM
- DuPont's (DD) -0.7% premarket as Q1 earnings plummet by more than half from the year-ago quarter after losing the one-time boost from the sale of its coating business.
- DuPont estimates adverse winter weather reduced Q1 EPS by $0.07 due to increased operating costs and lost sales.
- Sales in DD's agricultural business fell 6% to $4.39B, as volume growth in the Americas was constrained by the harsh weather as well as shifts in the timing and planted area.
- However, volumes increased in the company's industrial segments and margins improved in almost all of them.
- Reaffirms guidance for FY 2014, sees EPS of $4.20-$4.45 vs. $3.88 last year and $4.32 analyst consensus, based on anticipated growth in global industrial market demand.
Apr. 17, 2014, 6:01 AM| 4 Comments
Apr. 17, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 16, 2014, 5:30 PM
DD vs. ETF Alternatives
E I du Pont de Nemours & Company is a science and engineering company that offers products and patents applications for agriculture, nutrition, electronics and communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation and apparel.
Other News & PR