Dec. 4, 2014, 10:31 AM
- Shares of Destination Maternity (DEST -7.8%) slide after the company misses earnings estimates.
- A frank assessment from the company on a misfire with its assortment to millennial-aged moms-to-be strikes a bit of a chord across the apparel and department store sector.
- Many of the earnings hits and misses this quarter have been tied to on-trend or off-trend assortments. A millennial group which is hard to nail down is becoming a bigger part of that puzzle.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, RL, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, KORS, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, RL, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, KORS, UA, GIII, SQBG, HBI, SKX, FL, VRA, ICON, NKE, WWW, DECK, CROX, SHOO, BWS, PERY, DXLG, SHLD, BONT, GPS, GES, URBN, TJX.
Nov. 6, 2014, 1:27 PM
- Apparel seller Ann issued a warning today on the impact of labor uncertainty at West Coast ports as part of its Q4 guidance.
- The retailer expects $8M in extra air freight costs due to product shipment delays.
- There's also been some reports of delays at ports in the Seattle and Tacoma area which account for 16% of container cargo traffic on the West Coast.
- Analysts fret that more companies will resort to air freight to ensure stores are stocked in front of the Black Friday rush.
- Apparel and footwear stocks: SKX, FL, VRA, ICON, NKE, WWW, DECK, CROX, SHOO, BWS, KATE, ANN, PERY, LULU, RL, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, KORS, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, RL.
Oct. 23, 2014, 4:25 PM
- Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK) reports revenue for its Ugg brand grew 23.8% to $417.1M in FQ2.
- Both domestic and international sales growth eclipsed the 20% mark.
- E-commerce sales were up 45.1% to $21.6M.
- Gross margin +340 bps to 46.6%.
- Guidance: 2015 revenue growth of 15% expected vs. 14% prior.
- DECK -2.4% AH.
Oct. 23, 2014, 4:13 PM
Oct. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ADES, ALGN, ALTR, AMZN, BAS, BJRI, BLDR, BMRN, CB, CBI, CERN, CLMS, CLNE, CNMD, CPWR, CTCT, CYN, DECK, DLB, DV, ECHO, ELY, EW, FET, FII, FLS, FSL, GHL, GIMO, HBHC, HUBG, HWAY, IM, INFA, JNPR, KLAC, LOGM, LSCC, MSFT, MTSN, MXIM, MXWL, N, NCR, NTGR, OLN, P, PACB, PCCC, PDFS, PEB, PFG, PFPT, POL, QLIK, RMD, RUBI, RVBD, SHOR, SIVB, SPNC, SRCL, SWFT, SWN, SYNA, VMI, VRSN, WOOF, WRB, WRE, WRI
Oct. 7, 2014, 3:09 PM| 1 Comment
Oct. 6, 2014, 7:27 AM| Comment!
Oct. 1, 2014, 8:17 AM| Comment!
Sep. 17, 2014, 10:54 AM
Jul. 25, 2014, 9:13 AM
Jul. 25, 2014, 7:22 AM| Comment!
Jul. 24, 2014, 4:47 PM
- Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK) +5.9% AH after routing FQ1 earnings and revenue expectations, and raising FY 2015 guidance.
- DECK reported strong FQ1 gains across all brands: UGG net sales jumped 22.8% to $123M, Teva net sales rose 25.7% to $39M, Sanuk gained 19.6% to $36M,
- Inventories at the end of FQ1 fell 1.7% to $356M; gross margin was 41% vs 41.1% in the year-ago quarter.
- Raises FY 2015 guidance, now seeing EPS growth of 14.5% vs. prior guidance of a 13.5% gain and revenue growth of 14% vs. prior guidance of a 13% gain.
- Expects FY 2015 UGG revenues to rise ~12% over the 12-month period ended March 31, 2014 from previous guidance of 11%, sees Teva revenues gaining ~11%, and Sanuk revenues growing ~15%.
Jul. 24, 2014, 4:14 PM
Jul. 23, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACTG, ALGN, ALTR, AMZN, ATRC, AWAY, BAS, BCOV, BCR, BIDU, BJRI, BLDR, CB, CBI, CERN, CLS, COLM, CTCT, CYN, DECK, DGII, DLB, DTLK, ECHO, ELY, EPR, FET, FICO, FII, FLEX, FSL, GIMO, HBHC, IM, INFA, KLAC, LEG, LOGM, LSCC, MITK, MKTO, MLNX, MSCC, MTD, MTSN, MXIM, N, NR, NTGR, OLN, P, PACB, PEB, PFG, PFPT, QLGC, QLIK, RFMD, RGA, RGC, RSG, RVBD, SBAC, SBUX, SIVB, SPNC, SRCL, SWFT, SWI, SYA, TPX, TSRO, UHS, V, VR, VRSN, WOOF, WRE, WRI
May. 22, 2014, 9:53 AM
- A slip in retail sales in Canada was led by a surprising drop in demand for shoes.
- Data from Statistics Canada showed sales at shoe stores fell 5.3% M/M and 6.0% Y/Y during March to mark the biggest drop in any retail subcategory.
- Related stocks: CROX, DECK, WWW, SHOO, SKX, SCHL, BWS, FL, NKE.
- Full report (.pdf)
May. 19, 2014, 8:19 AM
DECK vs. ETF Alternatives
Deckers Outdoor Corp is engaged in designing, marketing and distributing innovative footwear, apparel and accessories developed for both everyday casual lifestyle use and high performance activities.
Other News & PR