Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
To learn more about Seeking Alpha PRO, click here.
There are no Transcripts on DES.
DES vs. ETF Alternatives
WisdomTree SmallCap Dividend Fund seeks investment results that closely correspond to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of the WisdomTree SmallCap Dividend Index.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
- In Your Portfolio: A Guide to Dividend ETFs, Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap
- Asset Class Performance: Dividends, Market Cap
Wednesday, Dec 41:41 PMWisdomTree Small Cap Dividend Fund Surpasses $1 Billion In Assets
Wednesday, Dec 41:41 PM| 1 Comment
- DES follows the performance of the small cap segment of the U.S. dividend paying market and is now the 8th WisdomTree (WETF) fund to cross the billion dollar mark.
- Luciano Siracusano, WisdomTree Chief Investment Strategist, commented,
"By weighting the U.S., small cap market by the dividends companies
pay, WisdomTree has been able to create a potential source of income
for investors looking for alternatives in today's low-interest rate
- This ETF has been on the market since 2006 and has attracted investors with its relatively low expense ratio of 0.38% and an average dividend yield of nearly 3%.
- Other billion dollar WisdomTree funds: DXJ, DEM, DGS, DLN, ELD, DTN, EPI
Tuesday, Nov 2611:22 AMDividend ETFs battle for inflows
Tuesday, Nov 2611:22 AM| 6 Comments
- In the battle for investor dollars among dividend ETFs, Vanguard's Dividend Appreciation ETF (VIG) has soared past iShares' Select Dividend ETF (DVY) and SSgA's SPDR S&P Dividend ETF (SDY) on both an absolute basis and a s a percentage of AUM.
- From May: Vanguard lowers fees on VIG
- The lesser-known Global X SuperDividend ETF (SDIV) has nearly doubled its AUM this year and - at less than 3 years old - is knocking on the door of $1B in assets despite inconsistent performance. Investors desire for income is certainly a boost as is the fund's equal-weighting approach and monthly payout - which fluctuated wildly in 2012, but has settled into a tight range this year.
- Dividend ETFs: DVY, VIG, SDY, VYM, HDV, SCHD, SYLD, KBWD, DES, PEY, SPHD, DHS, DIV, DLN, DTD, DGRW, FDL, DON, PFM, FVD, NOBL, SDYL, DVYL, DNL, DGRS, DGRE, RDIV, QDF, QDEF, EMDG, QDYN
Friday, Nov 159:22 AMNew dividend ETFs coming
Friday, Nov 159:22 AM| 1 Comment
- Dividend ETF fans may soon have three more funds to choose from as Reality Shares files to launch a trio of ETFs. Tickers and fees have not yet been disclosed.
- The Reality Shares Isolated U.S. Dividend Growth Index ETF and The Isolated Global Dividend Growth Index ETF will both be passive strategies, and the Isolated Dividend Growth ETF will be actively managed.
- The company's edge - so it argues - will be a focus on earnings rather than stock price as the measure of potential returns. Isolating the dividend from the stock price can provide positive returns not directly correlated to broader equity or fixed-income trends, says the company.
- Dividend ETFs: DVY, IDV, VIG, SDY, VYM, SDIV, HDV, SCHD, DWX, SYLD, KBWD, PID, DES, DTN, PEY, SPHD, DIV, DHS, LVL, DLN, DTD, DGRW, FDL, DON, PFM, FVD, FGD, DOO, DOL, SDYL, NOBL, DVYL, DEW, HGI, IDOG, DNL, DGRS, DGRE, DVYA, RDIV, QDF, QDEF, EMDG, IQDF, QDYN, IQDY, WDIV, IQDE, FIEG
Thursday, Jul 254:52 PMWisdomTree launches the U.S. SmallCap Dividend Growth Fund (DGRS) with expense ratio of 0.38%. It'll join WisdomTree's SmallCap Dividend Fund (DES). Two domestic small-cap dividend funds? DES represents a conservative approach with financials, industrials, and utilities making up 57% of holdings, writes Tom Lydon. DGRS has no exposure to utilities or telecoms, and staples are hardly found. Instead consumer discretionary and tech make up 38% of fund holdings. Other WisdomTree dividend growth ETFs are DNL and DGRW. |Thursday, Jul 254:52 PM| Comment!
Tuesday, Jan 110:52 AMSmall-cap dividend ETFs (DES, DLS, DFE, DGS, DFJ, EES) led the pack in 2012 performance domestically and globally, followed by mid-caps (DON, DIM, EZM) and large-caps (DLN, DOL, EPS). Among strategy-based ETFs, it was preferreds (PGF, PFF) and buybacks (PKW) that outperformed. See here for full dividend ETF performance data. |Tuesday, Jan 110:52 AM| 2 Comments
Tuesday, Nov 62012, 9:29 AM
Thursday, Jan 192012, 9:40 AMDefining overbought as being more than 5% above a 50-day moving average, Bespoke says 24% of tracked ETFs fit the bill. Leading the list is the homebuilders (XHB), more than 13% above its 50 day MA; Brazil (EWZ) leads the country ETFs, 8.2% above. A few more days of market gains and look for talk about the entire market being overbought. |Thursday, Jan 192012, 9:40 AM| Comment!
Saturday, Aug 272011, 8:25 AMThe environment seems to favor healthy dividend stocks, and investors are rushing in ($12.6B in inflows to dividend-stock ETFs this year) - but they may be a "little overrated." Beware dividend traps, an average yield that still isn't that high, and shares that will miss out on any big rally. (More ideas in Investing for Income) |Saturday, Aug 272011, 8:25 AM| 18 Comments
- View all 3 replies
DAG1996:: will do thanks