Mon, Aug. 10, 8:51 AM
- Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) reports total volume fell 3% Y/Y to 653M gallons.
- Gross margin rate increased 788 bps to 24.61%.
- SG&A expense rate grew 428 bps to 21.22%.
- The company launched 'DairyPure', the first and largest fresh, white milk national brand.
- Q3 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $0.17 to $0.27.
Wed, Jun. 3, 9:57 AM| Wed, Jun. 3, 9:57 AM | Comment!
Mon, May 11, 9:22 AM
Mon, May 11, 8:02 AM
Tue, Feb. 10, 12:45 PM
Tue, Feb. 10, 9:16 AM
Tue, Feb. 10, 8:57 AM
- Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) reports milk volume fell 2% Y/Y to 683M gallons.
- Gross margin rate decreased 98 bps to 18.47%.
- Operating margin rate declined 102 bps to 1.07%.
- FQ1 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $0.12 to $0.22.
- FY2015 Guidance: Capital expenditure: ~$150M.
- DF -4.82% premarket.
Wed, Feb. 4, 12:59 PM
- Dean Foods (DF -6.6%) slides after BMO Capital downgrades shares to Market Perform from Outperform with a price target reduction to $20.
- The investment firm just spun its wheels with the DF recommendation it made back in October of 2013.
- Today's capitulation by BMO leaves Morgan Stanley holding the bull flag on the stock.
Mon, Jan. 12, 10:07 AM
Nov. 10, 2014, 9:14 AM
Nov. 10, 2014, 8:19 AM
- Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) reports milk volume fell 1% Y/Y in Q3 due to in part to the loss of a significant customer.
- The company thinks it may have picked up market share during the period with overall U.S. volume in decline.
- Guidance: The company expects Q4 EPS of $0.05-$0.15 and full-year EPS of $0.06-$0.16 with both marks ahead of the consensus estimate of analysts.
- DF +4.1% premarket
Oct. 22, 2014, 8:17 AM
Sep. 24, 2014, 11:01 AM
- Food stocks are topping market averages as investors shift to a more defensive stance.
- The sector is also getting a look with grain, corn, meat, and rice prices moderating on improved global supplies.
- On the move: Post Holdings (NYSE:POST) +2.0%, Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) +1.0%, Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM) +1.7%, Diamond Foods (NASDAQ:DMND) +1.5%, Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO) +1.3%, Hain Celestial (NASDAQ:HAIN) +1.6%, General Mills (NYSE:GIS) +0.7%, ConAgra (NYSE:CAG) +1.1%, Kraft Foods (NASDAQ:KRFT) +1.0%, Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN) +1.5%, Seaboard (NYSEMKT:SEB) +2.7%.
Aug. 12, 2014, 7:48 AM
- Credit Suisse upgrades Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) to an Outperform rating from Neutral on a valuation call.
- The investment firm thinks the negative outlook on the dairy commodity market is already priced into Dean Foods at current levels.
- Yesterday on Dean Foods: Q2 earnings, conference call
- DF +0.7% premarket
Aug. 11, 2014, 9:16 AM
Aug. 11, 2014, 8:22 AM
- Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) reports a slide in profit in Q2 amid what it calls the "most difficult" operating environment in the company's history.
- Though Dean Foods picked up 20 bps of market share to 35.9%, overall milk volume was down.
- Due to the tough outlook on the dairy commodity market, Dean Foods lowers Q3 EPS guidance dramatically to -$0.05 to -$0.15 vs. $0.26 consensus.
- DF is getting punished in premarket trading, down 9.9%.
DF vs. ETF Alternatives
Dean Foods Co process and distribute fluid milk and other dairy products, including ice cream, ice cream mix and cultured products. It also produces and distributes TruMoo, a reformulated flavored milk, as well as juices, teas, and bottled water.
Other News & PR