Mon, Jan. 12, 10:07 AM
Nov. 10, 2014, 9:14 AM
Nov. 10, 2014, 8:19 AM
- Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) reports milk volume fell 1% Y/Y in Q3 due to in part to the loss of a significant customer.
- The company thinks it may have picked up market share during the period with overall U.S. volume in decline.
- Guidance: The company expects Q4 EPS of $0.05-$0.15 and full-year EPS of $0.06-$0.16 with both marks ahead of the consensus estimate of analysts.
- DF +4.1% premarket
Oct. 22, 2014, 8:17 AM| Comment!
Sep. 24, 2014, 11:01 AM
- Food stocks are topping market averages as investors shift to a more defensive stance.
- The sector is also getting a look with grain, corn, meat, and rice prices moderating on improved global supplies.
- On the move: Post Holdings (NYSE:POST) +2.0%, Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) +1.0%, Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM) +1.7%, Diamond Foods (NASDAQ:DMND) +1.5%, Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO) +1.3%, Hain Celestial (NASDAQ:HAIN) +1.6%, General Mills (NYSE:GIS) +0.7%, ConAgra (NYSE:CAG) +1.1%, Kraft Foods (NASDAQ:KRFT) +1.0%, Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN) +1.5%, Seaboard (NYSEMKT:SEB) +2.7%.
Aug. 12, 2014, 7:48 AM
- Credit Suisse upgrades Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) to an Outperform rating from Neutral on a valuation call.
- The investment firm thinks the negative outlook on the dairy commodity market is already priced into Dean Foods at current levels.
- Yesterday on Dean Foods: Q2 earnings, conference call
- DF +0.7% premarket
Aug. 11, 2014, 9:16 AM
Aug. 11, 2014, 8:22 AM
- Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) reports a slide in profit in Q2 amid what it calls the "most difficult" operating environment in the company's history.
- Though Dean Foods picked up 20 bps of market share to 35.9%, overall milk volume was down.
- Due to the tough outlook on the dairy commodity market, Dean Foods lowers Q3 EPS guidance dramatically to -$0.05 to -$0.15 vs. $0.26 consensus.
- DF is getting punished in premarket trading, down 9.9%.
Jul. 11, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jun. 23, 2014, 6:15 PM
- The WSJ reports criminal authorities have subpoenaed Dean Foods (DF) over an insider trading probe that covers Carl Icahn, Phil Mickelson, and sports bettor William T. Walters.
- Investigators are reportedly probing whether Walters provided tips related to Dean Foods to Mickelson. They're also probing whether Icahn tipped Walters about planned trading in Clorox.
- Both the FBI and SEC are said to be involved.
- DF -7.4% AH.
Jun. 12, 2014, 1:36 PM| Comment!
May. 29, 2014, 10:03 AM
- Shares of WhiteWave Foods (WWAV +4.6%), Dean Foods (DF +1.3%), and Sanderson Farms (SAFM +2.7%) are higher after Tyson Foods tops the bid of Pilgrim's Pride for Hillshire Brands.
- Though consolidation in the food sector is expected to pick up, some analysts warn the takeover premium in select stocks is getting played out.
Feb. 11, 2014, 9:10 AM
Feb. 11, 2014, 8:27 AM
- Dean Foods (DF) says it faced "significant" commodity inflation challenges in Q4 as it came in a penny short of estimates for the period.
- Total volume across all products fell 8% from a year ago due in part to the loss (previously disclosed) of the business of a major retailer.
- The company says its share of the U.S. fluid milk market improved 80 bps to 35.7% during Q4.
- Guidance from Dean Foods is below expectations, while a plan to close 10% to 15% of its manufacturing facilities shows sales growth might be lagging expenses.
- DF -9.5% premarket
Nov. 12, 2013, 9:59 AM
- Margin worries at Dean Foods (DF -7.6%) is affecting sentiment over a number of other packaged foods companies in early trading.
- Though the company warned specifically on the dairy commodity environment, its drop in guidance on Q4 "challenges" looks a bit broader.
- Underperformers: KRFT -0.7%, SJM -1.0%, HAIN -1.0%, CAG -0.5%, CPB -1.0%, TSN -0.6%.
Nov. 12, 2013, 9:26 AM| Comment!
DF vs. ETF Alternatives
Dean Foods Co process and distribute fluid milk and other dairy products, including ice cream, ice cream mix and cultured products. It also produce and distribute TruMoo a reformulated flavored milk, as well as juices, teas, and bottled water.
Other News & PR