Nov. 26, 2014, 10:57 AM
- Barclays has hiked its DuPont Fabros (DFT +2%) target by $7 to $38, and reiterates an Overweight. The firm argues DFT's agreement with Yahoo and a third party regarding the sub-leasing of data center capacity removes an overhang.
- On its Q3 CC (transcript), DFT noted it "entered into a tri-party agreement as part of Yahoo!'s sublease of 13.65 megawatts" at its ACC4 data center. The lease for 9.1MW of that space has been extended by two years to 2019.
Mar. 10, 2014, 9:48 AM
- Alcatel-Lucent (ALU +0.8%) has been upgraded to Outperform by BMO.
- InterActiveCorp (IACI +1.2%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Cowen.
- DuPont Fabros (DFT -2.3%) has been cut to Hold by Jefferies following its Yahoo disclosure.
- Veeco (VECO +8.2%) has been upgraded to Buy by UBS.
- Evolving Systems (EVOL +3.1%) has been upgraded to Buy by B. Riley.
Mar. 7, 2014, 4:06 PM
- DuPont Fabros (DFT -5.5%) discloses Yahoo (YHOO -2.4%) plans to sub-lease premises it directly leases at two DuPont data center facilities in Ashburn, VA. DuPont says the leases "represent 11% of the Company's operating property portfolio."
- Other data center owners have also sold off: DLR -3.7%. COR -2.3%. CONE -1.7%.
- Yahoo directly owns four data centers - they're in New York, Washington state, Nebraska, and Singapore. The company announced last October it's investing $170M to expand its New York facility.
- While Internet giants and cloud service providers remain among the top clients of independent data center owners, they've also been making huge investments in custom, energy-efficient data centers of their own.
Jan. 6, 2014, 9:46 AM
- First Solar (FSLR -6.3%) has been cut to Sell by Goldman, and SolarCity (SCTY +11.2%) has been upgraded to Conviction Buy.
- eBay (EBAY -2.7%) has been cut to Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley.
- Riverbed (RVBD -0.6%) has been cut to Hold from Strong Buy by Needham.
- JinkoSolar (JKS +7.6%) and Trina (TSL +5.9%) have been started at Buy by Jefferies
- SolarWinds (SWI +1.7%) has been upgraded to Overweight by Evercore.
- Manhattan Associates (MANH +3.2%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Raymond James.
- UMC (UMC +0.5%) has been upgraded to Overweight by UBS.
- Ingram Micro (IM +0.6%) has been upgraded to Overweight by Barclays.
- Dupont Fabros (DFT +0.9%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Baird.
- Rambus (RMBS -3.6%) has been cut to Hold by Jefferies.
- Arris (ARRS -2.5%) has been cut to Equal Weight by Barclays.
- Geospace Technologies (GEOS -4%) has been cut to Sell by BWS Financial.
- Trimble (TRMB -2.1%) has been cut to Hold by Craig-Hallum.
- Autohome (ATHM -9.6%) has been started at Neutral by Deutsche and Piper, and at Sell by Goldman, on underwriter coverage day.
Dec. 3, 2013, 12:01 PM
- Data center owners Digital Realty (DLR -4.2%), CoreSite (COR -4%), and (to a lesser extent) DuPont Fabros (DFT -1.1%) have joined Rackspace, Amazon, and Equnix (previous) in selling off after Google officially launched its Compute Engine cloud infrastructure (IaaS) platform (the service was in beta until now), and simultaneously unveiled new features and major price cuts.
- While data center colocation services firms don't directly compete with IaaS providers, they're indirectly affected to the extent customers migrate workloads away from their own servers (hosted within colocation facilities) to IaaS platforms that often leverage data centers built by the service providers themselves.
- However, colocation providers do offer connectivity services for linking client servers with IaaS platforms such as Amazon Web Services.
- Synergy Research recently estimated the traditional Web hosting market only grew 3% Y/Y in Q3, while the IaaS and cloud app platform (PaaS) markets collectively grew 46%.
Oct. 30, 2013, 9:48 AM
- Electronic Arts (EA +11%) has been upgraded to Strong Buy from Hold by Needham after beating FQ2 estimates and issuing solid FY14 guidance.
- LSI (LSI +3.1%) has been upgraded to Overweight by Morgan Stanley a week after posting mixed Q3 results.
- Nanometrics (NANO +17.8%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Pac Crest in the wake of its Q3 beat.
- InvenSense (INVN -16.1%) has been cut to Neutral by Roth after issuing below-consensus FQ3 guidance to go with an FQ2 beat.
- Cyan (CYNI -26.3%) has been cut to Hold by Jefferies after issuing weak Q4/2014 guidance to go with a Q3 beat.
- Digital Realty (DLR -13.1%) has been cut to Market Perform by Raymond James after posting mixed Q3 results and issuing soft Q4/2014 FFO guidance. Off in sympathy: EQIX -1.1%. DFT -2.7%.
Oct. 28, 2013, 9:52 AM
- Baidu (BIDU -1.5%) has been cut to Hold by BNP Paribas prior to tomorrow's Q3 report.
- ARM (ARMH -0.8%) has been cut to Hold by Benchmark six days after posting Q3 results. UBS cut shares to Neutral last Wednesday.
- Audience (ADNC -4.6%), meanwhile, has received a similar downgrade from Benchmark in advance of a Thursday Q3 report.
- Trimble (TRMB -2.7%) has been cut to Hold by Needham ahead of Thursday's Q3 report.
- AutoNavi (AMAP -1.9%) has been cut to Sector Perform by Pac Crest.
- DuPont Fabros (DFT -2.2%) has been cut to Neutral by Baird four days after delivering a Q3 beat.
- SolarCity (SCTY +1.3%) has been started at Outperform by Credit Suisse; Q3 results are due on Nov. 6.
- Ruckus (RKUS +1.5%) has been started at Outperform by Northland ahead of Wednesday's Q3 report.
- Gigamon (GIMO +1.3%) has been started at Outperform by William Blair; Q3 results arrive on Nov. 4.
- International Game Technology (IGT +2.8%) has been started at Buy by Citi.
Oct. 25, 2012, 12:45 PM
Apr. 26, 2012, 11:16 AMThough off the day's highs, Equinix (EQIX +8.9%) remains up sharply thanks to its Q1 beat and healthy top-line guidance, and is giving a lift to other data center owners: DFT +6.4%. INXN +5.5%. RAX +2.2%. During its earnings call, Equinix talked up its growing global reach: Asia-Pac revenue rose 7% Q/Q, and 59% of the company's monthly recurring revenue now comes from customers leveraging facilities in multiple countries. | Comment!
Feb. 8, 2012, 9:29 AMDuPont Fabros Technology (DFT) -9.5% premarket after reporting in-line Q4 revenues and funds from operations, but issuing downward guidance for Q1 and FY12. The owner and developer of wholesale data centers sees Q1 FFO $0.31-0.35 vs. $0.40 consensu, and 2012 FFO $1.31-1.51 vs. $1.79 consensus. | Comment!
Feb. 8, 2012, 9:05 AM
DFT vs. ETF Alternatives
Dupont Fabros Technology Inc is a real estate investment trust. The Company through its subsidiaries owns, acquires, develops and operates wholesale data centers used by national and international technology companies.
Other News & PR