Discovery Communications Inc is a media and entertainment company. It provides programming across multiple distribution platforms worldwide. The Company also provides educational products and services to schools & operates digital media services.
Wednesday, Feb 194:22 AM
Wednesday, Feb 194:22 AM| 1 Comment
- John Malone has given the rights of first refusal to the CEOs of Discovery Communications (DISCA) and Liberty Global (LBTYA) to buy his holdings in their respective companies.
- Discovery chief David Zaslav will be able to purchase Malone's 29% voting stake in the TV broadcaster; at Liberty, Michael Fries will be able to acquire Malone's 27% voting interest.
- However, Malone has no intention of reducing his involvement in the businesses just yet, nor has he laid out any similar plans for his holding in Liberty Media (LMCA). Rather, the rights given to Zaslav and Fries represent planning for the future.
Tuesday, Feb 45:09 AM
Tuesday, Feb 45:09 AM| 1 Comment
- Liberty Global (LBTYA) and Discovery Communications (DISCA) have made a joint approach to CVC Capital about acquiring a 49% stake in Formula One in a deal that could value the motorsport franchise at over £6.5B, The Daily Telegraph reports.
- CVC owns 35% of Formula One, including all the voting rights, but it's not clear where the other 14% could come from. One possibility is the Lehman Brothers estate, which needs to sell its 12.3% holding by the end of June.
Wednesday, Nov 92011, 11:14 AM
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.