Dec. 31, 2014, 2:17 PM
- A tough year for commodity prices continues all the way into the close of the last session, with precious metals, energy, grains, and most of the softs slumping sharply. 2014's big commodity winner, naturally, stands alone in the green today - coffee is up 2%.
- The PowerShares DB Commodity Index Tracker (DBC -1.9%)
- Alongside the commodity slump, both this year and this session, is a stronger dollar, set to close 2014 out at its highest level in at least five years.
- ETFs: DBC, DJP, GSG, RJI, GCC, USCI, GSC, GSP, RGRC, DJCI, LSC, DEE, UCI, FTGC, CMD, DYY, BCM, DDP, UCD, CMDT, COMT, DPU, SBV, CSCB, PDBC, CSCR
Dec. 22, 2014, 11:47 AM
- There's not much happening with the equity averages, but crude oil is back on the move, down 3% to $55.40 per barrel. USO -4.75%. Gold's slipping as well, off 1.1% to $1,182 per ounce.
- Looking more broadly, the Bloomberg Commodities Index has returned to a level not seen since May 2009. Coffee owners, however, are in high cotton - up 57.5% YTD. I's the best asset market investment of 2014, beating out #2 - the Shanghai Composite - by more than 1.4K basis points.
- Broad commodity ETFs: DBC, DJP, GSG, RJI, GCC, USCI, GSC, GSP, RGRC, DJCI, LSC, DEE, UCI, FTGC, CMD, DYY, BCM, DDP, UCD, CMDT, COMT, DPU, SBV, CSCB, PDBC, CSCR
Oct. 6, 2014, 3:49 PM
- Going higher without fail on nearly a daily basis since Memorial Day, the dollar (UUP -1.2%) is selling off hard today, likely helping to light up the commodity sector (DBC +1.4%) bright green.
- Among individual currencies, the euro (FXE +1.2%), loonie (FXC +1.2%), aussie (FXA +1.3%), swissie (FXF +0.7%), pound (FXB +0.5%), and yen (FXY +1.1%) are all posting sizable gains.
- Dollar ETFs: UUP, UDN, FORX, UUPT, UDNT, USDU
- Broad commodity ETFs: DBC, DJP, GSG, RJI, GCC, USCI, GSC, GSP, RGRC, DJCI, LSC, DEE, FTGC, UCI, DYY, CMD, BCM, DDP, UCD, CMDT, DPU, SBV, CSCB, CSCR
Sep. 30, 2014, 12:07 PM
- The early decline in WTI crude oil has accelerated sharply over the past few minutes, and it's now off 3.5% to $91.25 per barrel, about inline with the lowest pricing seen this year. USO -2.9%
- Moving alongside is heating oil (UHN -1.1%) and gasoline (UGA -3.1%).
- Broad energy ETFs: DBE, RJN, JJE, ONG, RGRE, UBN
- Checking other commodities: Silver (NYSEARCA:SLV) is down 3.4%, Copper (NYSEARCA:JJC) is lower by 1.3%, and Wheat (NYSEARCA:WEAT) is off 1.8%.
- Broad commodity ETFs: DBC, DJP, GSG, RJI, GCC, USCI, GSC, GSP, RGRC, DJCI, LSC, FTGC, DEE, UCI, DYY, CMD, BCM, DDP, UCD, CMDT, SBV, DPU, CSCB, CSCR
May 1, 2013, 10:41 AMCommodities are lit up bright red as weak economic data (here and in China) is a good excuse to end the bounce of the last few sessions. Gold (GLD -1.8%), Silver (SLV -3.6%), WTI Crude (USO -2.6%). Copper (JJC -3.3%) moves to its lowest level in about 18 months at $3.08/lb. The metal hasn't had a 2-handle since the start of 2011. Broad commodity gauge (DBC -1.8%). | 5 Comments
DJCI vs. ETF Alternatives
The UBS ETRACS DJ-UBS Commodity Index Total Return is designed to track the performance of the DJ-UBS Commodity Index Total ReturnSM less investor fees. The DJ-UBS Commodity Index Total ReturnSM is designed to provide diversified commodity exposure with weightings based on each underlying commodity's liquidity and economic significance. The DJ-UBS Commodity Index Total ReturnSM measures the collateralized returns from a basket of 19 commodity futures contracts representing the energy, precious metals, industrial metals, grains, softs and livestock sectors. In addition, the index is rebalanced once a year to ensure that no commodity sector may constitute more than 33% of the index as of the date of such rebalancing.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Other News & PR