Wed, May 6, 6:23 PM
- Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) posted a revenue miss after sales shrank 26%, driven by a spate of issues at the company's websites, and the company posted a net loss of $6.7M.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $0.5M, vs. $4M expected.
- Revenue by segment: Content & Media, $22.5M (down 41%); Marketplaces, $10.7M (up 57%).
- Content & Media slid as traffic dropped to key properties (sites like eHow, Livestrong.com, Cracked.com), lower ad monetization yields and content reductions as well as selling the CoverItLive and Pluck businesses.
- The company's properties reached 57M unique visitors, including 31M mobile. Visits for the quarter came to 943.4M (down 5%); revenue per visit fell 38% to $23.87. For Marketplaces, transactions were up 31% to 182.2K and average revenue per transaction was up 21% to $58.65.
- Cash and equivalents were at $47.3M, against no outstanding debt.
- Press Release
Wed, May 6, 4:25 PM
Tue, May 5, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ALB, ALDW, AMTG, ANAC, AREX, ATML, ATO, ATVI, AUQ, AWK, BEAT, BGC, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, BWC, CCRN, CECO, CF, CHEF, CHGG, CJES, CKP, CLR, CLVS, CODI, CPA, CPE, CSLT, CSOD, CUZ, CXW, CZR, DMD, DPM, ECR, EFC, EGN, ENSG, EPAM, EPM, EQC, ESS, ETE, ETP, EXTR, EXXI, FLTX, FNGN, FNV, FOXA, FRSH, GBDC, GMCR, GUID, HIVE, HR, HUBS, IL, IO, IVR, JKHY, JONE, KIM, KND, KW, LCI, LGCY, LHCG, MASI, MCHX, MELI, MET, MITT, MRIN, MRO, MTDR, NEWP, NLY, NP, NSIT, NSTG, NUS, OAS, ORA, OSUR, PAYC, PDLI, PEGA, PFMT, PGTI, PHH, PMT, PNNT, PRAA, PRI, PRU, PSEC, PTLA, QLTY, QTM, REG, RIG, RIGP, RST, RYN, SBY, SD, SGM, SLH, SN, SQNM, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TCAP, THRX, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TTPH, TUMI, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, VVC, WBMD, WFM, WGL, WTI, XNPT
Thu, Mar. 5, 4:16 PM
Wed, Mar. 4, 5:35 PM
Nov. 11, 2014, 11:47 AM
- Though it beat Q3 estimates, Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) stated on its CC (transcript) its "revenue and adjusted EBITDA will be lower over the next several quarters."
- Demand, often accused in the past of being a "content farm," says it's "taking down a large portion of content that are not up to our current standards and removing three ad units to make our pages less cluttered and more user-friendly."
- The company is also increasing content investments for its eHow site, and plans to spend more on its Content Solutions and Marketing ops.
- Demand has also disclosed CFO Mel Tang will be leaving at year's end. A search has begun for a successor.
- Content & Media site visits rose 20% Y/Y in Q3 to 1.05B. However, revenue per thousand visits fell 38% to $31.91. Marketplaces transactions rose 38% to 143K, with average revenue/transaction nearly flat at $54.18.
- Q3 results, PR
Nov. 10, 2014, 4:20 PM
Nov. 9, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 7, 2014, 5:00 PM
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, ALJ, ALNY, AMRN, AMRS, ANAC, ANET, ASYS, ATLS, AUQ, BCEI, BCOR, BIOL, BNFT, BNNY, BOFI, BPZ, CARA, CBS, CENT, CFN, CLNE, CLVS, CPST, CSC, CUBE, CVT, DAR, DIOD, DMD, DV, EAC, EBS, ECPG, ED, EGOV, ELX, ENOC, FF, FI, FRT, FWM, FXCM, GHDX, GST, GXP, HGR, HTGC, IRG, KTOS, LGF, MASI, MDVN, MED, MELI, MNST, NES, NFG, NOG, NVDA, NWSA, OLED, OPLK, PFMT, PODD, PRO, PSIX, QTWO, RATE, RBCN, RENT, RPTP, RRMS, SCTY, SEM, SFM, SHOR, SLXP, SPPI, SSTK, TEAR, TRNX, TRUE, TUMI, UBNT, UNXL, VOLC, VVUS, WIFI, XOMA, ZNGA,
May 8, 2014, 4:29 PM
May 7, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ACET, ADEP, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, ALNY, AMRS, APEI, AREX, ATHX, AUQ, BCEI, BEBE, BIOS, BPZ, BRKS, CBS, CLNE, CLVS, CPE, CSC, CUTR, DAR, DEPO, DIOD, DMD, DVR, EAC, EBS, ECPG, ED, ELON, ENOC, ENV, EVC, FF, FRT, FUEL, FXEN, GCAP, GRUB, GXP, JAZZ, JCOM, JMBA, KRO, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MNST, MNTX, MTD, NES, NFG, NOG, NUAN, NVDA, OLED, ORA, PAAS, PFMT, PPO, PXLW, QTWO, RPTP, SF, SGMS, SLW, SLXP, SPPI, SSRI, SSTK, SYMC, TNGO, TUES, TUMI, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WIFI, XNPT, ZGNX.
Feb. 25, 2014, 4:16 PM
Feb. 25, 2014, 12:10 AM
Feb. 24, 2014, 5:35 PM
Nov. 7, 2013, 4:32 PM
DMD vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR