Wed, Feb. 19, 3:55 AM
- Peugeot Citroën's (PEUGF) net losses narrowed to €2.32B in 2013 from €5.01B in 2012, when the ailing French car maker took €3B in charges for asset impairments.
- Peugeot's recurring operating loss fell to €177M from €560M, while revenue slipped 2.4% to €54.09B. (PR)
- Peugeot's results come after it announced a €3B capital raising in which China's Dongfeng Motor Group (DNFGF) and the French state will invest €800M each and receive a 14% stake in Peugeot. The latter will also issue warrants to its existing stockholders.
- The Peugeot family will lose control of the 204-year-old company for the first time, with its holding dropping to 14% also from 25.4%.
Nov. 24, 2013, 4:37 AM
- Struggling PSA Peugeot Citroen (PEUGF) is reportedly interviewing potential replacements for CEO Philippe Varin, who is heading the search for his successor. A source said that the appointment process is "not far from a conclusion."
- The interviews come amid pressure from Chinese joint-venture partner Dongfeng (DNFGF), which will only deepen its alliance with Peugeot if the latter makes management changes.
- The companies are in talks to extend their co-operation to new markets, and for Peugeot to carry out a €4B share issue in which Dongfeng and the French government would buy stakes in Peugeot. However, the company's founding family are unhappy about the loss of control that a capital hike would entail.
Feb. 27, 2012, 2:52 AMChinese automakers surge after the government excludes foreign brands from a preliminary list of vehicles approved for purchase by state agencies. The move will help local brands gain in the 80B yuan ($12.7B) market at the expense of foreign automakers like GM (GM) and Toyota (TM). In the past, overseas brands accounted for 80% of the official pool. | 1 Comment
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
DNFGF vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR