Thu, May 14, 11:05 AM
- The National Weather Service forecasts a continuation of El Nino conditions in the Pacific Ocean late into the year.
- The outlook is consistent with a recent statement from across the ocean by the Japanese Meteorological Agency.
- In the past, El Nino conditions have contributed to drought conditions in Central and South America to impact coffee costs for sellers.
- Related stocks: GMCR, SBUX, JVA, SJM, KRFT, DNKN, OTCQB:JAMN.
- Related ETFs: JO
- El Nino Advisory (.pdf)
Fri, Apr. 24, 11:33 AM
- The pizza and donut rally is still on a day after Domino's Pizza (DPZ +3.4%) and Dunkin' Brands (DNKN +5.6%) dazzled with their Q1 reports.
- While Dunkin' received the extra jolt of inclusion in the S&P 400, both stocks are being identified by retail analysts as benefiting from shifting consumer trends toward on-the-go and mobile.
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (KKD +2.9%), Rave Restaurant Group (RAVE +11.3%), and Papa Murphy's (FRSH +1.4%) are catching some sympathy bids as well.
- Previously: Sizzling comps at Domino's Pizza in Q1 (Apr. 23 2015)
- Previously: Dunkin' Brands +7% after earnings beat and guidance lift (Apr. 23 2015)
- Previously: DNKN +2.3% on S&P 400 addition; WD +3.1% on S&P 600 addition (Apr. 23 2015)
Thu, Apr. 23, 10:46 PM
- Dunkin' Brands (NASDAQ:DNKN) will replace Riverbed Technology (set to be acquired) in the S&P MidCap 400 after Monday's close. Walker & Dunlop (NYSE:WD) will replace Entropic Communications (also set to be acquired) in the S&P SmallCap 600 after the April 30 close.
- Dunkin' rose to $52.71 in AH trading, after rising 7.9% in regular trading in response to its Q1 beat and guidance hike. Walker & Dunlop rose to $19.34.
Thu, Apr. 23, 9:30 AM
- Shares of Dunkin' Brands (NASDAQ:DNKN) are on a tear after the company tops Q1 estimates and sets EPS guidance higher.
- The company sees EPS of $1.87-$1.91 vs. $1.83-$1.87 prior and $1.86 consensus.
- Previously: Dunkin' Brands beats by $0.05, beats on revenue
- Previously: Solid comps for Dunkin' Brands in Q1 amid challenging weather
- DNKN +7.40% premarket to $51.25 with the Northeast weather overhang lifted.
Thu, Apr. 23, 9:13 AM
Thu, Apr. 23, 6:46 AM
- Dunkin' Brands (NASDAQ:DNKN) reports the Dunkin' Donuts chain had comparable-store sales growth of 2.7% in the U.S. and 1.7% for international outlets during Q1.
- The U.S. comp for the Baskin-Robbins chain was 8.0%.
- Traffic for Dunkin' Donuts in the U.S. was negatively impacted by weather and the introduction of K-Cup and packaged coffee categories.
- Dunkin' Donuts U.S. has 78 net opening during the quarter to take the number of distribution points up 5.3% Y/Y to 8,160.
Thu, Apr. 23, 6:14 AM
Thu, Apr. 23, 6:03 AM
Wed, Apr. 22, 5:30 PM
- ABBV, AEP, ALK, ALXN, ASPS, AVT, BAX, BBT, BCC, BEAV, BHE, BKU, BMS, BTU, CAB, CAM, CAT, CFX, CLFD, CLI, CMS, COL, COR, CSL, DAN, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DPZ, DST, EQM, EQT, ERIC, FAF, FCX, FNB, GM, GMT, GPK, GRA, HP, HSY, HUB.B, IQNT, IR, IVC, JAH, JCI, JNS, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LTM, LUV, MDP, MDSO, MHO, MJN, MMM, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NUE, NVS, NWE, ORI, PENN, PEP, PG, PHM, PII, PNK, PRLB, PTEN, RS, RTIX, RTN, SFE, SNA, SQNS, STC, SUI, SWK, SXC, SYNT, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, WBC, WCC, WNS
Mon, Apr. 13, 4:12 PM
- Wedbush Securities warns the high concentration of Dunkin' Donuts stores in the Northeast could work against Dunkin' Brands (NASDAQ:DNKN) in Q1.
- The investment firm sees same-store sales falling 100 bps to 160 bps due to the harsh weather in the region during the quarter.
- Most analysts covering the stock haven't revised lower their estimate for Dunkin' Brands Q1 revenue.
- The company reports on April 23 with consensus for revenue of $181.7M and EPS of $0.36.
Fri, Apr. 10, 11:26 AM
- Credit Suisse adds four companies to its U.S. Focus List, led by Devon Energy (NYSE:DVN), which it sees as a pure-play energy stock that investors can feel comfortable holding for the long-term and is not pegged to the oil markets.
- The firm also likes DVN's defensive valuation, top quartile oil growth profile and further accretion possibilities from the EnLink Midstream assets; its $80 stock price target is among the Street's best outlook.
- Credit Suisse cites another energy choice, Marathon Oil (NYSE:MRO), for its higher multiple businesses, and believes upstream cash margins have room to move up as shale production increases and oil prices recover.
- Also added to the U.S. Focus List: JPMorgan Chase (NYSE:JPM), Dunkin' Brands (NASDAQ:DNKN).
- Earlier: Dunkin' Brands tapped by Credit Suisse for new highs
Thu, Apr. 9, 8:14 AM| Comment!
Thu, Apr. 2, 1:57 PM
Tue, Mar. 24, 11:54 AM| 1 Comment
Mon, Mar. 2, 2:34 PM
- Coffee prices are in retreat as extended rain in Brazil and increased production capacity has helped to soothe the market and push up forecasts on output.
- Data from the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission indicates a sharp drop in bullish bets on coffee as experts now ease off some previous concerns on supply vs. demand.
- Arabica prices are still higher than where they were a year ago.
- There could be a lag factor for many companies to see a benefit from lower coffee commodity costs. Starbucks tipped off during its FQ1 earnings call (transcript) it has 94% of its 2015 coffee needs already priced.
- Arabica coffee price chart
- Related stocks: GMCR, SBUX, JVA, SJM, KRFT, DNKN
- Related ETFs: JO
Thu, Feb. 26, 10:42 AM
- Shares of J.M. Smucker (SJM +1%) and Dunkin Brands' (DNKN +2.9%) are both higher after the two companies sign a deal to broaden distribution for Dunkin' Donuts K-cups.
- J.M. Smucker is handling distribution to grocery stores and club chains, while Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -0.1%) will cover office supply stores and specialty stores.
- Perhaps the most important aspect of the new distribution deal is that Dunkin' K-Cup packs will now be sold online.
- The K-cup shakeup isn't expected by most analysts to have a major impact on Starbucks (SBUX +0.2%) which is also a Keurig partner. Smaller coffee brands could suffer though.
DNKN vs. ETF Alternatives
Dunkin Brands Group Inc is a franchisor of quick service restaurants serving hot and cold coffee and baked goods, as well as hard serve ice cream. The Company franchise restaurants under its Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins brands.
Other News & PR