Jan. 28, 2014, 12:57 PM
- An executive from the National Retail Federation testified before Congress today in an effort to convince the lawmakers that the Affordable Care Act should be modified.
- The group believes a full-time employee should be based on a work week of 40 hours and would like to see the heath care insurance coverage requirement be lifted to 100 employees from 50.
- Restaurant chains (MCD, BKW, DNKN, PZZA, YUM, WEN, KKD, BAGL, DRI, PLKI) operating under a franchise model have been impacted negatively by the Affordable Care Act.
Jan. 16, 2014, 10:54 AM
- Baskin-Robbins (DNKN) only opened 4 new stores last year as the chain continues to struggle with the explosive growth of frozen yogurt chains across the U.S., but it hopes to the refresh the brand this year.
- Changes include new store designs, a focus on online cake ordering, and the inclusion of greek frozen yogurt on the menu.
Jan. 13, 2014, 10:05 AM
- Dunkin' Brands (DNKN -0.7%) says it opened 790 net new restaurants globally when combining the totals for both the Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins chains.
- The goal of the company for 2014 is to add 685-800 net outlets.
- The development is an indication that early results of Dunkin' Brands' aggressive expansion plan are positive.
Jan. 2, 2014, 3:06 PM
- The National Restaurant Association's Restaurant Performance Index rose 0.2% M/M in November to hit a five-month of 101.2
- The research group also reported that 47% of restaurant operators saw customer traffic growth improve in November from the same period a year ago, up from the 43% which reported improvement in October.
- A majority of restaurant operators have a positive outlook on the industry and plan to spend money on capital expenditures in the next few months.
- Related stocks: CAKE, CBRL, CMG, DNKN, DPZ, DRI, EAT, JACK, MCD, PNRA, RRGB, RT, SBUX, SONC, WEN, BWLD, THI, BDL, NATH, CEC, LUB, BKW, CHUY, BLMN, PZZA, TXRH, DENN, KKD, BBRG, DFRG, BOBE, RUTH, IRG, DIN.
Jan. 2, 2014, 9:46 AM
Dec. 26, 2013, 12:12 PM
- Gift card sales were an out-performer in the retail sector this holiday season.
- Open network branded card sales rose 7.3% this year while retailers saw gift card sales shoot up 10, according to Corporate Executive Board.
- The consumer trend toward more gift card usage should provide a lift to MasterCard (MA +0.8%) and Visa (V +0.3%) as well as adding at least some support to retail sales in Q1 of 2014 as sales are booked.
- Related stocks: SBUX, BBY, HAWK, WMT, TGT, DNKN, MCD.
Dec. 13, 2013, 7:51 AM
Dec. 11, 2013, 2:53 PM
- Dunkin' Donuts (DNKN) continues to explore new real estate concepts as it stays on a track to double its store count over 20 years.
- A new restaurant in Virginia will have a "drive-thru" window. Other strategies include free-standing restaurants, end-caps, and in-line sites.
- The brand appears to be strong as it heads into new territories in the West. Experian reports 11% of all respondents say they go to the donut and coffee chain.
Dec. 4, 2013, 2:29 PM
- If Congress doesn't get around to passing a new farm bill before the end of the year the USDA will be forced to support higher prices for dairy farmers which would create a disruption up and down the food industry.
- Milk producers could benefit from the changes mandated by the 1949 farm bill - while food sellers could see profits pinched with consumers unlikely to absorb the full amount of price hikes.
- Most analysts think Congress will get its act together in time, but the risk of a stalemate exists.
- Related stocks: SJM, DF, NSRGY, WWAV, LWAY, DNKN, MCD, SBUX, KO, GIS.
Dec. 4, 2013, 9:36 AM
- Dunkin' Donuts is the largest retail chain in New York City, according to the Center for an Urban Future.
- The restaurant operator has 515 shops to easily beat out Subway, Duane Reade/Walgreens, and Starbucks.
- What to watch: The East Coast-focus of parent company Dunkin' Brands (DNKN) is being slowly altered as Dunkin' Donuts expands to the West. Store margins are seen as having more upside in new territories.
Dec. 3, 2013, 12:05 PM
- The restaurant industry could have a tougher time meeting last November's comparable-store sales marks due to the 4% dip in retail store traffic during the Black Friday weekend.
- While apparel sellers gained some lost brick-and-mortar sales back through their e-commerce businesses, quick-service chains such McDonald's (MCD -0.1%) and Starbucks (SBUX -0.5%) are left on the outside looking in with foot traffic down. Dunkin Brands (DNKN -0.3%) in particular could see a dip with retail traffic in the Northeast down 9.8% compared to a year ago for the 4-day period.
- Despite the disappointing traffic numbers, channel checks show pricing was very solid in November as the restaurant sector avoided most of the promotional frenzy plaguing retail.
Dec. 2, 2013, 2:14 PM
- National Restaurant Association's Restaurant Performance Index increased 0.7% M/M in October to track at a four-month high.
- Customer traffic improved during the month with more restaurant operators reporting a rise than a drop.
- Pricing in the restaurant sector has held up better than some other discretionary areas where promotional activity has taken over.
- Related stocks: CAKE, CBRL, CMG, DNKN, DPZ, DRI, EAT, JACK, MCD, PNRA, RRGB, RT, SONC, WEN, BWLD, THI, BDL, NATH, CEC, LUB, BKW, CHUY, BLMN, PZZA, TXRH, DENN, KKD, BBRG, DFRG, BOBE, RUTH, IRG, DIN.
Oct. 24, 2013, 7:22 AM
- Dunkin' Brands (DNKN) reports it grew comparable store sales by 4.2% in Q3 for its flagship chain.
- Strong growth in Germany and the Middle East paced a 1.4% gain in sales for Dunkin' Donuts International.
- The company says it opened 222 net new restaurants during the quarter, including 81 in the U.S.(PR)
Oct. 24, 2013, 6:23 AM
Oct. 24, 2013, 6:03 AM
Oct. 24, 2013, 12:05 AM
- AB, ABB, ACAT, AIXG, ALK, ALV, ALXN, AN, ASPS, AVT, BC, BEN, BG, BLL, BMS, BSX, CAB, CAJ, CAM, CCE, CELG, CFX, CL, CLI, CMS, CRI, CS, CSH, CVE, CWEI, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DO, DOW, DST, ELN, EQM, EQT, ERIC, ESI, F, FAF, FLIR, GG, GNC, GNRC, HERO, HOT, HSY, ICLR, IMAX, IP, JNS, KKR, KMT, LAZ, LEG, LTM, LUV, MCK, MDP, MDSO, MGI, MJN, MMM, MO, NBL, ODFL, ORI, PACR, PCP, PDS, PHM, POT, PTEN, PVR, QSII, RCI, RCL, RDWR, RS, RTN, RYN, SEIC, SHPG, SIRI, SJR, SLAB, STC, TDY, TKR, TROW, UA, UFS, USG, VCI, VDSI, VLY, VNTV, WAB, WCC, WRLD, XEL, XRX, YNDX, ZMH
DNKN vs. ETF Alternatives
Dunkin Brands Group Inc is a franchisor of quick service restaurants serving hot and cold coffee and baked goods, as well as hard serve ice cream. The Company franchise restaurants under its Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins brands.
Other News & PR