Thu, Jul. 23, 6:43 AM
- Dunkin' Brands (NASDAQ:DNKN) reports U.S. comparable store sales growth of 2.9% in Q2.
- The U.S. comp for the Baskin-Robbins chain was 3.4%.
- Dunkin' Donuts U.S. royalty income grew 8.2% to $106.34M.
- Dunkin' Donuts International revenue rose 19.9% to $5.42M due to 5.9% increased in franchise fees and 110.1% in royalty income
- Adjusted operating margin rate declined 60 bps to 48.7%.
- Traffic for Dunkin' Donuts in the U.S. accounted for ~60 bps of comp growth.
- Dunkin' Donuts U.S. has 80 net opening during the quarter to take the number of distribution points up 5.4% Y/Y to 8,240.
- FY2015 Guidance: Revenue:+6% to +8%; Operating income: +7% to +8%; Adjusted EPS: $1.87 to $1.91.
Mon, Jul. 20, 8:50 AM
- CLSA downgrades Dunkin' Brands (NASDAQ:DNKN) to an Underperform rating after having the restaurant chain slotted at Outperform.
- The Asian investment firm bases its new stance on Dunkin's valuation which has shot ahead of projected EPS growth following DNKN's 29% run this year.
- DNKN -1.18% premarket to $54.33.
Thu, Apr. 23, 10:46 PM
- Dunkin' Brands (NASDAQ:DNKN) will replace Riverbed Technology (set to be acquired) in the S&P MidCap 400 after Monday's close. Walker & Dunlop (NYSE:WD) will replace Entropic Communications (also set to be acquired) in the S&P SmallCap 600 after the April 30 close.
- Dunkin' rose to $52.71 in AH trading, after rising 7.9% in regular trading in response to its Q1 beat and guidance hike. Walker & Dunlop rose to $19.34.
Thu, Apr. 23, 9:30 AM
- Shares of Dunkin' Brands (NASDAQ:DNKN) are on a tear after the company tops Q1 estimates and sets EPS guidance higher.
- The company sees EPS of $1.87-$1.91 vs. $1.83-$1.87 prior and $1.86 consensus.
- Previously: Dunkin' Brands beats by $0.05, beats on revenue
- Previously: Solid comps for Dunkin' Brands in Q1 amid challenging weather
- DNKN +7.40% premarket to $51.25 with the Northeast weather overhang lifted.
Thu, Apr. 23, 9:13 AM
Thu, Apr. 9, 8:14 AM
Thu, Feb. 26, 10:42 AM
- Shares of J.M. Smucker (SJM +1%) and Dunkin Brands' (DNKN +2.9%) are both higher after the two companies sign a deal to broaden distribution for Dunkin' Donuts K-cups.
- J.M. Smucker is handling distribution to grocery stores and club chains, while Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -0.1%) will cover office supply stores and specialty stores.
- Perhaps the most important aspect of the new distribution deal is that Dunkin' K-Cup packs will now be sold online.
- The K-cup shakeup isn't expected by most analysts to have a major impact on Starbucks (SBUX +0.2%) which is also a Keurig partner. Smaller coffee brands could suffer though.
Dec. 18, 2014, 9:14 AM
Jul. 24, 2014, 9:18 AM
Jul. 24, 2014, 7:55 AM
- Dunkin Brands (NASDAQ:DNKN) -5.1% premarket after Q2 revenues came in below expectations, weighed by bad weather and other consumer challenges.
- Q2 U.S. same-store sales rose 1.8% at Dunkin' Donuts shops and climbed 4.2% at Baskin-Robbins; international same-store sales fell 3.1% at Dunkin' shops and slipped 1.6% at Baskin-Robbins locations.
- DNKN cites unseasonably cold and rainy start to the spring season as the main reason for the disappointing growth figures, but says same-store sales gradually improved throughout the quarter with June average weekly sales reaching the highest volume on record.
- However, DNKN cuts its FY 2014 sales targets, now seeing EPS of $1.73-$1.77 from prior guidance of $1.73-$1.83 and $1.80 analyst consensus estimate and revenue growth of 5%-7% from prior 6%-8% to ~$749.5M-$763.8M and $770M consensus.
Feb. 6, 2014, 8:34 AM
- Dunkin' Brands (DNKN) reports comparable-store sales growth of 3.5% in Q4 as its chains performed better in the U.S. than internationally. The growth rate is roughly halfway between what rivals Starbucks and McDonald's showed for overlapping periods.
- The company had 149 net store opening during the quarter.
- DNKN +2.0% premarket
Jul. 26, 2013, 2:08 PMThe coffee trade is doing quite well today with shares of Starbucks (SBUX +7%), Dunkin' Brands (DNKN +6%), and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR +2.3%) all lively. Though at one time, Starbucks was pegged as a GMCR-killer (via Verismo) and thought to be a thorn to DNKN's expansion plans, the prevailing thought is that the coffee market might be big enough for quite a few players. The very last thing people want to give up is a cup of coffee," notes Lazard Capital. | Comment!
Jul. 16, 2013, 1:11 PM
Apr. 25, 2013, 12:40 PMMore on Dunkin Brands' (DNKN +3.1%) Q1: Comps growth came in at 1.7% overall driven by larger guest checks as customers bought more units per sale. Baskin-Robbins saw negative U.S. comps during the period however as the ice cream seller's same store sales faced a particularly tough compare with the unseasonably warm 2012 Q1. A refinancing charge also weighed on results. (PR) | Comment!
Jan. 31, 2013, 9:38 AM
Dec. 5, 2012, 5:30 PM
DNKN vs. ETF Alternatives
Dunkin Brands Group Inc is a franchisor of quick service restaurants serving hot and cold coffee and baked goods, as well as hard serve ice cream. The Company franchise restaurants under its Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins brands.
Other News & PR