Fri, Feb. 27, 3:17 PM
Fri, Feb. 27, 9:15 AM
- Gainers: XIN +20%. CYCC +17%. SREV +16%. BLOX +16%. CYTX +13%. CLNE +12%. MNST +10%. ATOS +10%. SD +9%. SPLK +7%. MEET +6%. ARUN +6%. VIMC +6%. HZNP +6%.
- Losers: CVSL -42%. RESN -28%. MOSY -21%. WTW -18%. TUBE -17%. TBIO -14%. JCP -13%. DRL -13%. GENE -11%. OCN -8%. PBPB -8%. NBG -8%. NVAX -7%. FRO -5%.
Wed, Feb. 25, 10:33 AM
- Doral Financial (DRL -4.1%) discloses receipt of the Joint Report of Examination from the FDIC and Puerto Rico Office of the Commissioner for Financial Institutions, as well as a Prompt Corrective Action letter from the FDIC notifying it of being "critically undercapitalized," and subjecting the lender to a number of operating restrictions.
- SEC Form 8-K
Wed, Jan. 28, 10:10 AM
- The Federal Home Loan Bank will only allow Doral Financial (DRL -7.6%) to borrow funds overnight, rather than for 30 days.
- The FHLB reminds it cannot lend at all if so notified by the FDIC. The next scheduled check of Doral's status with the FDIC is Feb. 22, and it's not looking great as the bank has received a directive from the agency to boost its capital and/or merge with another lender.
- Source: SEC Form 8-K
Fri, Jan. 2, 1:57 PM
- The Puerto Rican government has indeed appealed Doral Financial's (DRL +3.8%) $229M tax victory, reports Bloomberg, which says the filing happened on Dec. 31. Doral owners had held out some hope the government would let the appeal deadline slide by, but a spokesman last week said an appeal would be filed.
- Doral is nicely higher today as maybe those who have studied the appeal don't find the legal arguments very strong.
- Previously: Puerto Rico to appeal Doral tax ruling (Dec. 30, 2014)
Dec. 30, 2014, 8:53 AM
- Doral Financial (NYSE:DRL) soared 27% yesterday on hope the Puerto Rican government would not appeal a $229M tax judgement in favor of the struggling bank.
- A spokesman for the Commonwealth's Government Development Bank, however, says an appeal will be filed this week.
- Shares are lower by 5.9% in very light premarket trading.
Dec. 23, 2014, 12:20 PM| 2 Comments
Dec. 23, 2014, 11:14 AM
Dec. 23, 2014, 9:18 AM
Dec. 12, 2014, 12:46 PM
Nov. 5, 2014, 8:41 AM
- The Court of First Instance has denied the Puerto Rican Treasury's appeal of last month's verdict in favor of Doral Financial (NYSE:DRL). Treasury now has sixty days to appeal the ruling to the Court of Appeals of Puerto Rico.
- DRL +6.5% premarket
- Previously: Doral Financial wins Puerto Rico tax case; +50% premarket
Oct. 13, 2014, 9:28 AM| Comment!
Oct. 13, 2014, 9:15 AM
Sep. 19, 2014, 5:37 PM
Sep. 10, 2014, 9:15 AM
Sep. 10, 2014, 7:44 AM
- Sold were roughly $430M of Doral's (NYSE:DRL) of mortgages (4,178 of them) to Barclays, with proceeds to Doral of about $423M.
- "These asset transactions help Doral continue to progress by de-risking the bank, preserving capital and increasing liquidity," says CEO Glen Wakeman.
- Source: Press Release
- Shares +24.6% premarket
DRL vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR