5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are 3 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
PR Newswire (Mon, 5:30PM)
PR Newswire (Wed, 9:00AM)
PR Newswire (Feb 10, 2014)
PR Newswire (Jan 6, 2014)
DSS vs. ETF Alternatives
Document Security Systems, Inc., is engaged in fraud and counterfeit protection for all forms of printed documents and digital information. It holds numerous patents for optical deterrent technologies that provide protection of printed information.
Monday, Mar 106:56 PM
Monday, Mar 106:56 PM| 4 Comments
- Document Security Systems (DSS) is suing Samsung, TSMC, and NEC in the Eastern District of Texas for allegedly infringing patents related to chip manufacturing. (PR)
- DSS says it bought the patents in question in 2013 to support hardware/peripherals development, including for devices using its AuthentiGuard anti-counterfeiting tech.
Tuesday, Feb 115:46 PM
Tuesday, Feb 115:46 PM| Comment!
- SA contributor Avoiding Gamma argues Document Security Systems' (DSS +5.9%) trade secret suit against Coupons.com (COUP), originally filed in 2011, represents a near-term catalyst that has been "all but forgotten" as investors focus on suits against Apple, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- The author notes Coupons.com recently filed for an IPO, and thinks it could be in the company's interest to settle the lawsuit before it goes public.
Wednesday, Jan 154:00 PM
Wednesday, Jan 154:00 PM| Comment!
- Document Security Systems (DSS -16%) is closing down sharply after announcing a Northern California district court issued a stay on an infringement suit brought by its Bascom Research unit against Facebook, LinkedIn, and others, pending the outcome of Supreme Court case covering the patentability of software. (PR)
- A few days before the Northern California ruling, an Eastern Texas district court denied a motion filed by Salesforce.com to stay a case an infringement suit filed by VirtualAgility, a software company DSS has invested in.
- The Supreme Court's ruling is expected in April. A Markman hearing for the VirtualAgility/Salesforce case is set for April 2, and jury selection for November.
Wednesday, Jan 1512:45 PM
Tuesday, Jan 1412:47 PM
Tuesday, Jan 149:10 AM
Wednesday, Nov 272013, 5:39 PM
Wednesday, Nov 272013, 4:27 PM
Wednesday, Nov 272013, 4:27 PM| Comment!
- Document Security Systems (DSS) shares are up 7.5% AH, adding to a 27.8% jump during the regular trading day, after the company confirms it has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Apple in the Eastern District of Texas (a particularly favorable court for patent plaintiffs).
- DSS alleges Apple's MacPro, Mac Mini, iMac, iPhone, IPad, iPod Touch, and iPod Nano lines infringe on 2 patents relating to the use of low power wireless peripheral devices. The patents were acquired by DSS in Q3 2013.
- The earlier run may be attributable to SA contributor IP Hawk's article, which broke the news before the company announced it. The author called the lawsuit a "potential sizeable revenue opportunity as the infringing products have generated tens of billions of dollars, which DSS will ask for a piece of."
Wednesday, Nov 272013, 12:45 PM|Wednesday, Nov 272013, 12:45 PM| Comment!
Thursday, Sep 52013, 12:45 PM|Thursday, Sep 52013, 12:45 PM| Comment!
Monday, Jul 12013, 12:45 PM
Friday, Jun 212013, 12:45 PMMidday top 10 gainers: ORMP +36%. USMD +28%. NVGN +20%. UAMY +19%. CYTK +19%. SPRD +17%. IMMU +17%. OSIS +13%. INPH +13%. HWAY +13%.
Midday top 10 Losers: IDIX -34%. BPAX -18%. PMC -17%. EBIX -17%. ELP -15%. CLNT -15%. NBG -9%. ORCL -9%. EDMC -9%. DSS -9%. |Friday, Jun 212013, 12:45 PM| 2 Comments