- Univision, a Hispanic media supplier, has agreed with DirecTV (DTV) to supply its services to the satellite operator once it launches its internet delivered service.
- The services includes rights to Univision’s broadcast network, 2 local stations, cable channel Galavision. The service being provided by DirecTV is to be called YaVeo.
- There are a growing number of companies that are signing deals for similar online channels.
- The leading satellite television provider could increase its earnings targets following its pending merger with AT&T.
- DirecTV has reported some very strong results in the previous quarter, with earnings per share up by 35%.