Thu, Apr. 30, 4:56 PM
- DreamWorks Animation (NASDAQ:DWA) posted an adjusted net loss of $21.5M in Q1, excluding a $31.9M charge it took for restructuring, and missed on earnings for Q1 despite a revenue beat off a strong 13% gain there.
- CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg pointed to the success of Home, the studio's only planned release for 2015, as signs that its turnaround plan is taking effect. Home has drawn $154M domestically and just short of $300M worldwide.
- Revenues were up across all operating segments: Feature films, $128M (up from $110.1M in 2014); Television Series & Specials, $18M (roughly flat); Consumer Products, $15.1M (up from $12.1M); New Media, $4.6M (up from $4.1M).
- Library titles contributed heavily to the feature film revenues ($37.9M, vs. a contribution of $41.4M from How to Train Your Dragon 2 and $31.5M from Mr. Peabody and Sherman).
- Net cash provided by operations was $1.6M, up from the prior year's -$12.5M.
- Shares sold off quickly just after the report but have returned to flat postmarket.
- Press release
Thu, Apr. 30, 4:16 PM| Comment!
Wed, Apr. 29, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ADNC, ADUS, AEM, AIG, AIV, ARAY, ATHN, ATR, AVD, AXTI, BCOR, BCOV, BMRN, BRKS, BYD, CALD, CAP, CATM, CEMP, CENX, CLD, CLMS, CMLS, COLM, CPSI, CPT, CTCT, CTRL, CUBE, DCT, DGI, DWA, EEP, EGO, ELLI, EMN, EPAY, EVHC, EXEL, EXPE, EZPW, FBHS, FEYE, FLR, FLS, FLT, FRGI, FSLR, G, GB, GILD, HABT, HCI, HLS, HME, HTCH, IART, IMMR, INT, ISBC, JDSU, KRG, LEG, LLNW, LNKD, LNT, LRE, LYV, MITK, MOBL, MRC, MRH, MXL, NFG, NKTR, NR, NTRI, OMCL, PCCC, PDFS, PKI, PODD, POL, PSA, PXLW, QLGC, RGC, RKUS, ROVI, SEM, SGEN, SKYW, SPF, SPN, SPWR, SWKS, SYNC, TER, THG, TMST, TNAV, TNDM, TRMB, TS, TSRO, TSYS, TUES, TXTR, UIL, V, VR, WU, WWWW, YRCW
Tue, Feb. 24, 8:39 PM
- On its Q4 earnings call, DreamWorks Animation (NASDAQ:DWA) filled in some details on a tough quarter -- one which saw them lose almost a quarter of a million dollars, pre-announce a heavy writedown on The Penguins of Madagascar and two unreleased projects, prepare layoffs of 500 workers, and cut its film production schedule to two films a year instead of three.
- Shares were down 8.7% in late trading.
- Though the plans are to make two movies a year, the studio has just one slated for the "transitional year" of 2015: alien-relocation comedy Home, and it comes out March 27. It's budgeted in the $135M range, while the studio is generally aiming for $120M budgets.
- CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg reshuffled execs, tapping veteran producers Bonnie Arnold and Mireille Soria to lead feature animation, and will take the opportunity to get personally re-engaged with the creative side of the company: "Returning to a much much more active participating role ... has been the silver lining for me" after "without a question, the hardest, most difficult, most painful eight weeks in our 20-year history."
- Saying it's better to get liquidity when you don't need it, the company increased its revolving credit facility to $450M from $400M and extended its term to February 2020.
- The studio also is selling its Glendale headquarters and will enter into a leaseback arrangement for $185M.
- Previously: DreamWorks still lower in wake of heavy layoffs (Jan. 28 2015)
- Previously: DreamWorks Animation confirms layoffs (Jan. 23 2015)
Tue, Feb. 24, 4:23 PM
- DreamWorks Animation SKG (NASDAQ:DWA) missed on Q4 revenues and earnings expectations, even with advance writedowns on films The Penguins of Madagascar and Mr. Peabody and Sherman.
- The results also featured the impact of its plans for heavy layoffs; DWA took a $210.1M pre-tax charge associated with restructuring.
- Revenue breakdown: Feature film segment, $131.3M (How to Train Your Dragon 2 contributes $66M; Turbo, $5.8M; The Croods, $6.5M; library titles, $46.1M; The Penguins of Madagascar and Mr. Peabody and Sherman did not contribute as they hadn't recouped marketing/distribution costs).
- Television Series and Specials revenue: $50.7M, up 7.7%. Consumer Products, $22.1M, up 77.5%. New Media Segment, $24.9M.
- Conference call at 4:30 p.m ET.
- Shares -0.6% after hours.
- Press release
Tue, Feb. 24, 4:10 PM
Mon, Feb. 23, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, AMRS, ARC, AWAY, AWK, BBRG, BGFV, BNFT, BOOM, CBI, CENX, CLGX, CLR, CPRT, DPM, DWA, DY, DYN, EIX, EPR, EXEL, FLTX, FMI, FSLR, GB, GNMK, HEI, HEP, HLS, HPQ, HURN, HWAY, INFI, JAZZ, KONA, KRA, LC, MATX, MMSI, NDSN, NFX, NKTR, NLY, NSTG, NUVA, NYMT, ORA, PZZA, QEP, RJET, RLYP, RRC, RUBI, SAM, SGY, SLCA, SM, TNDM, TRNX, TXTR, VRSK, VVUS, WBMD, XCO, Y, ZAGG
Oct. 29, 2014, 4:19 PM| Comment!
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, ACHC, ACMP, AEGN, AEM, AFOP, AHL, AIZ, AKAM, ALDW, ALL, ANIK, ARAY, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ATML, AUY, AXS, BGC, BIDU, BLKB, BMR, CACI, CALX, CAR, CATM, CAVM, CBG, CBL, CEMP, CENX, CHDN, CJES, CLD, CLUB, CMO, CNW, CRL, CRUS, CSGP, CSII, CUZ, CW, CWT, DAC, DRE, DRIV, DWA, EQIX, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXL, EXR, FBHS, FFIV, FISH, FLEX, FLTX, FMC, FNF, FORM, FORR, FR, GLUU, HBI, HOS, HT, IPI, IRG, ISIL, JDSU, KEX, KRFT, KS, LGCY, LNC, LOCK, LOPE, MAA, MANT, MASI, MDAS, MEOH, MET, MOBL, MTGE, MUR, NCLH, NE, NEU, NEWP, NSIT, OII, PDM, PEIX, PGTI, PPC, PRXL, PSMI, PVA, QGEN, QTM, QUIK, RFMD, RGR, RJF, RNG, RRC, RRTS, RST, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SIMO, SLCA, SPN, SPRT, SSNC, SSS, STR, SU, TEX, TFSL, TGB, TGI, THG, TRLA, TTMI, TTWO, UNM, V, VECO, VGR, VPRT, VR, WLL, WMB, WPZ, WSTL, WTW
Jul. 29, 2014, 4:22 PM| Comment!
Jul. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, ACMP, AEC, AEGN, AEGR, AFL, AJG, AMCC, AMGN, AMP, APC, APU, ARI, AXP, AXS, BGFV, BLDP, BOOM, BWLD, BXP, CALX, CAP, CBG, CBL, CEB, CEMP, CHMT, CHRW, CINF, CLD, CLMS, CPWR, CRAY, CSLT, CVD, DLR, DOX, DWA, EEFT, EQR, ESRX, EW, EXAM, EZPW, FARO, FBP, FISV, GAS, GNW, GPN, GPRE, HTA, HURN, IGT, INAP, INVN, IPHI, IVR, KIM, LNDC, MAR, MOVE, NATI, NCR, NEM, NEU, NFX, NTRI, NUVA, PEI, PLT, PNRA, QGEN, RBC, RGR, RKT, RNG, RNR, ROG, RPXC, RT, RUBI, SB, SLCA, SM, SQNM, TMH, TRN, TWTR, TX, UGI, ULTI, USNA, VRSK, VRTX, WNC, WSH, WTS, X, XCO, XPO
Apr. 29, 2014, 4:17 PM| Comment!
Apr. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACE, ACHC, ACMP, AEC, AEGN, AFL, ANIK, ARI, AUY, AXS, AZPN, BGFV, BOOM, BXP, CALX, CAP, CEB, CEMP, CHE, CHRW, CLD, CMRE, CNQR, COLM, CRAY, DLB, DNB, DWA, EBAY, EEFT, EIX, EPR, ESRX, EZPW, FARO, FEIC, FISV, GMED, GNW, GPRE, HURN, IPHI, LOGM, MAC, MAR, MEOH, MWA, NANO, NATI, NCR, NDLS, NFX, NUVA, OHI, OI, PNRA, PRXL, REXX, RFMD, RNG, RNR, RPXC, RVBD, SIMG, SKT, SLCA, SM, STR, STX, SWI, TE, THG, TMH, TRLA, TRN, TTS, TWTR, ULTI, USNA, VNR, VPRT, VRSK, WSH, X, XCO.
Feb. 25, 2014, 4:13 PM| Comment!
Feb. 25, 2014, 4:13 PM| 3 Comments
Feb. 25, 2014, 12:10 AM
DWA vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR