5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Business Wire (Mar 20, 2014)
PR Newswire (Mar 14, 2014)
DXLG vs. ETF Alternatives
Tuesday, Apr 811:36 AM
Tuesday, Apr 811:36 AM| Comment!
- Visits to fine dining establishments rose 5% in 2013 to make up a little ground from the sharp fall following the 2008 market swoon.
- Traffic for the segment outpaced the general restaurant industry which showed flat results.
- Perhaps of interest to suit sellers (MW, JOSB, DXLG), one of the ways fine dining operators (DFRG, RUTH, BLMN) noted that they boosted traffic was by adopting looser dress codes.
Wednesday, Mar 195:37 PM
Friday, Mar 147:09 AM
Tuesday, Mar 116:39 AM
Friday, Jan 311:45 PM
Friday, Jan 311:45 PM| Comment!
- Destination XL Group (DXLG -0.4%) says CFO Dennis Hernreich will resign immediately to be replaced on an interim basis by John Kyees.
- The company also lowers its 2013 EPS guidance to -$0.13 to -$0.11 vs. -$0.05 consensus.
Wednesday, Dec 42013, 10:10 AM
Wednesday, Dec 42013, 10:10 AM| Comment!
- A negative report from Express (EXPR -20.7%) on Thanksgiving week sales isn't going unnoticed by apparel peers.
- The comments from execs with Express mirror some of the concerns of retail analysts on promotional activity in the sector and sluggish foot traffic. Earlier: Nomura warns on inventory challenges.
- Related ETFs: XLY, VCR, FXD, RCD, FDIS, PSCD, PEZ
- Decliners: Francesca's (FRAN) -2.3%, Gap (GPS) -1.6%, Destination XL (DXLG) -1.4%, Pacific Sunwear (PSUN) -3.2%, Buckle (BKE) -1.1%, American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) -2.5%, Aeropostale (ARO) -3.1%, American Apparel (APP) -1.7%, Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) -1.9%.
Friday, Nov 222013, 7:06 AM|Friday, Nov 222013, 7:06 AM| Comment!
Wednesday, Oct 92013, 9:41 AM
Wednesday, Oct 92013, 9:41 AM| Comment!
- Destination XL Group (DXLG +1.4%) trades higher after the pursuit of The Men's Wearhouse by Jos. A Bank raises the profile of the retailer.
- Analysts think consolidation of struggling apparel companies will be on tap this year, but finding the right combination to create synergies could prove difficult.
Friday, Aug 232013, 7:16 AM|Friday, Aug 232013, 7:16 AM| Comment!
Friday, May 242013, 7:04 AM
Friday, Mar 152013, 7:06 AM
Thursday, Mar 142013, 8:26 AM
Wednesday, Feb 272013, 7:25 AM
Friday, Feb 222013, 11:16 AM
Monday, Jan 282013, 9:11 AMA profit warning from Jos. A Bank (JOSB) spills over to taint other men's clothing sellers. Shares of The Men's Wearhouse (MW) are down 3.5% premarket and Casual Male (DXLG) is off 1.2%. JOSB has now lopped off 17.5% premarket after the retailer's admission that customers aren't responding to recent promotions begs the question: What's left? |Monday, Jan 282013, 9:11 AM| 3 Comments
Friday, Dec 212012, 9:31 AMCasual Male Retail Group (DXLG +6.1%) appears to be a holiday season retail winner, according to channel checks from industry watchers. If the early reports pan out, it would be a good sign for the company as it sits in the middle of a transition away from its Casual Male XL stores to new Destination XL stores with a wider selection of products. |Friday, Dec 212012, 9:31 AM| Comment!