Tue, May 5, 4:22 PM
- Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA) is up 4.4% after hours, following a fiscal Q4 report where it beat expectations for revenue and earnings and finished a record year for net revenue and operating cash flow.
- EA says it reached a three-year goal to double operating margins to 20% a year ahead of schedule.
- Non-GAAP revenue by segment: Digital net revenue, $602M (up 9.5%); Packaged Goods and Other net revenue, $294M (down 19.2%).
- EA noted that during its fiscal year it was the top publisher on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, on the back of Battlefield: Hardline (30M game sessions in Q4), Dragon Age: Inquisition (200M hours played in total) and other games including Madden NFL 15 and FIFA 15.
- The company authorized a new $1B repurchase program for the next two years.
- Conference call at 5 p.m. ET.
- Press Release
Tue, May 5, 4:06 PM
Mon, May 4, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AGU, AIZ, ALL, AMRS, AMSG, ANAD, ANDE, ARC, ATSG, AWR, AXLL, BIO, BRDR, CENT, CERS, CLUB, COUP, CRAY, CSU, CTL, CVG, CYH, DK, DKL, DLR, DTLK, DVN, EA, ENPH, EXAM, FISV, FOSL, FTR, GCA, GHDX, GMED, GNMK, GPOR, GRPN, HK, HLF, HRZN, IAG, ICUI, IGTE, IRWD, JIVE, KAR, KGC, KONA, LC, MHLD, MM, MYGN, MYL, NDLS, NFX, NVGS, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OUT, PAA, PACB, PAGP, PBPB, PKD, PXD, PZZA, QGEN, QNST, QUAD, REGI, REXX, RLOC, RNR, RP, RUBI, SBRA, SCTY, SKUL, SLF, SM, SPA, SUPN, TEG, TMH, TNET, TRNX, TSRA, TTGT, USNA, VVUS, WAGE, WES, WGP, WR, WSR, WSTC, WTR, WTW, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZLTQ, ZU
Tue, Jan. 27, 6:28 PM
- Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA) is guiding for FQ4 revenue of $830M and EPS of $0.22, below a consensus of $911.6M and $0.26. However, the huge beat posted for EA's seasonally biggest quarter is taking priority.
- EA's packaged goods/other revenue (traditional game sales) fell 31% Y/Y in FQ3 to $755M. But full game download revenue rose 22% to $140M, extra content revenue 47% to $314M, and subscriptions/ad/other revenue 52% to $100M. Mobile revenue grew 13% to $139M.
- Also boosting EPS: Sales/marketing spend fell 21% to $169M. R&D spend rose 3% to $283M. $97M was spent on buybacks.
- Xbox One/PS4 revenue rose 51% to $593M. Xbox 360/PS3 revenue fell 42% to $412M. International markets accounted for 58% of sales.
- FQ3 results, PR
Tue, Jan. 27, 4:05 PM
Mon, Jan. 26, 5:35 PM
Tue, Jan. 6, 10:29 PM| 1 Comment
Oct. 28, 2014, 4:32 PM| Comment!
Oct. 28, 2014, 4:06 PM
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AEC, AFG, AFL, AJG, AMCC, AMP, APC, ARI, AZPN, BGFV, BLDP, BOOM, BXP, CAP, CBT, CEB, CHMT, CHRW, CINF, CRAY, DLR, DNB, DYAX, EA, EIX, EPR, EQR, ESRX, EXP, EXTR, FARO, FB, FEIC, FISV, GFIG, GILD, GPRE, HIW, HLIT, HTA, HTS, HURN, INAP, INVN, IPHI, KEYW, KIM, KONA, MAC, MAR, MCK, MRCY, MWA, NANO, NFX, OI, PEI, PLT, PNRA, PSMT, RJET, ROG, RPXC, SKT, SM, SWI, TQNT, TRN, TSS, UDR, ULTI, USNA, VRSK, VRTX, WDC, WES, WGP, WNC, WSH, WTS, WYNN, X, XCO, XOOM, ZLTQ
Jul. 22, 2014, 5:55 PM
- Though it soundly beat FQ1 estimates, Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA) is guiding for FQ2 revenue of $1.14B and EPS of $0.50, nearly in-line with a consensus of $1.14B and $0.51. Moreover, FY15 (ends March '15) guidance is for revenue of $4.1B and EPS of $1.85, below a consensus of $4.14B and $1.89.
- With the help of Titanfall, UFC, and FIFA 14, EA's packaged goods and other revenue rose 150% Y/Y in FQ1 to $293M, helping drive a big revenue beat. Digital sales rose 28% to $482M, with mobile revenue rising 18% to $120M (15% of total revenue) and full game downloads 87% to $71M.
- North America revenue +57% to $321M, international revenue +57% to $454M. The Xbox One/PS4 accounted for 26% of revenue, and the Xbox 360/PS3 35%. PCs made up 21%.
- Job cuts allowed R&D spend to fall 5% Y/Y to $265M. G&A spend +4% to $88M. $50M was spent on buybacks.
- Shares have priced in some good news.
- FQ1 results, PR.
Jul. 22, 2014, 4:05 PM
Jul. 21, 2014, 5:35 PM
May 6, 2014, 4:10 PM
- Electronic Arts (EA) expects FY15 (ends March '15) revenue of $4.1B and EPS of $1.85; the former is slightly below a $4.11B consensus, but the latter is well above a $1.52 consensus.
- In addition, FQ1 guidance is for revenue of $700M and EPS of -$0.05, well above a consensus of $632.7M and -$0.23.
- EA has also announced a $750M buyback; it's good for buying nearly 8% of shares at elevated AH levels.
- FQ4 results, PR
May 6, 2014, 4:09 PM
May 5, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AFG, AGU, ALL, AMTG, ARC, ARRS, ATVI, AVNR, AVNW, AWR, BEAT, BID, BIO, CENT, CHUY, CNVR, CODE, CPT, CSU, CYH, CYNI, DDR, DIS, DLR, DPM, DTLK, EA, EGAN, ENPH, ETE, ETP, EXTR, FEYE, FMC, FNGN, FRGI, FSLR, FST, FTR, GALE, GHDX, GNC, GNMK, GRPN, IAG, ICUI, IMI, JIVE, LBTYA, LGCY, LLNW, LYV, MCHP, MITT, MOVE, MPO, MRO, MTDR, MYGN, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, PBPB, PEGA, PSEC, PXD, PZZA, QGEN, QUAD, RDN, REGI, RGP, RLOC, RP, SAAS, SAPE, SGMO, SPA, SSNI, SXL, THOR, THRX, TRIP, TRMB, TRMR, TSRA, WES, WFM, WTI, ZAGG, ZU.
EA vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR